Profile for peter pullar-strecker > Reviews

Content by peter pullar-s...

peter pullar-strecker

Brother DCP7055 Compact Mono Laser All-In-One Printer
Brother DCP7055 Compact Mono Laser All-In-One Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite new but sofar it's excellent and saving my sanity: does everything without fuss., 28 Mar 2014
I use a printer only occasionally, perhaps for one item a week, if that. As a result the heads on my wireless ink jet printer usually need to be cleaned at each use and the tiny ink cartridges (four of them, each smaller than a matchbox) run out quickly and ink is cost unreasonable. I don't need wirless and I seldom need colour so I opted for a black only laser printer with coppier (and therefore, scanner) . I used a big laser printer 15 years ago when I was running my own consultancy and it served me well till advances with computers made it incompatable. Laser toners don't dry out if you're not using them (it's dry powder) and the printers don't spend minutes getting ready (and often then not printing) . This Brother is quite small, prints, copies and scans quickly, beautifully and without fuss. I've only just started using it, but so far it's saving my sanity. My coloured stuff will be done by Boots or a local print shop.
Anyone want a used colour wireless printer -going cheap?