Profile for Doctorman > Reviews

Doctorman

Crumpler Gentleman Farmer Laptop Bag - 15" - Black
Crumpler Gentleman Farmer Laptop Bag - 15" - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Bad and Bold, 25 Jan 2013
I was reluctant to give up my beautiful hand-crafted letaher satchel in favour of the Crumpler Gentleman Farmer (L) but after a week's continual usage, I am sold. It is cavernous, comfortable and with enough compartments to safely and securly contain all of may daily tools - computer, power adaptors, pens, ipod, keys, everything.

I looked at messenger bags and satchels and I can;t recommend this highly enough!

Whostrology: a Time Traveller's Almanac
Whostrology: a Time Traveller's Almanac
by Michael M Gilroy-Sinclair

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny, 5 Nov 2012
As a stocking-filler and almanac, this is a very funny book. The birthdates of the main actors in the series are included as are the screening dates for every episode shown on that day of the year from the classic and new series. The illustrations are amusing and well-presented. Anyone looking for an exhaustive reference will be better served by another title, but this certainly raises a smile with me as a Doctor Who fan. Good gentle fun and worth the money as light reading and an amusing diversion.

Doctor Who Revisitations 3 (The Tomb of the Cybermen/The Three Doctors/The Robots of Death) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Patrick Troughton

5.0 out of 5 stars Big & Bold, 14 April 2012
We are spoiled as Doctor Who fans. Our shows are released to DVD not as bald and bland releases featuring just the headline content, but fans like us - and they are like us - add and moderate commentaries voiced by significant members of the production, information text, interviews, reviews, additional .pdf content and features to each and every release. I am so used to this wealth of material that when I watch other, less feature-rich DVDs, I feel a little cheated.

The Revisitations series keep up this fine tradition of content and supporting material with each release by re-examining earlier DVD releases and re-issuing them with new content and improved quality. This is NOT the same as the Star Wars Trilogy being endlessly re-cycled: in the Revisitations series, the main content picture and sound quality is buffed up and there is significant extra value added to the releases.

If you don't have these stories already, buy them here and in the other Revisitations boxed sets. If *DO* you have them already - well, you're probably already a fan, and wait for the price to come down before buying them. Maybe then offer your original copies to other, newer fans who may not have seen the stories yet or not own them?

Do you think you're being stiffed by 2|entertain and the Restoration Team? You're not. Warmly recommended.