Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now
Profile for ErikZ > Reviews

Content by ErikZ

ErikZ "erkzm"

Currency Wars (Portfolio)
Currency Wars (Portfolio)
by James Rickards

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 15 Oct. 2012
I read this book in a little over a week. It's my fourth book on the subject of global turmoil (I've also read Harry S Dent, Peter Schiff etc) over recent months. I found it very insightful, thoughtfully presented and simple yet comprehensive. Rickards explains in some detail the history of currency manipulation and the way the movement has moved from local to global (hence the implications of a collapse grow by the day. My favourite chapter was the last chapter 'End game' and I was absorbed by the possible outcomes. All in all a terrific book.

The Real Crash: America's Coming Bankruptcy--How to Save Yourself and Your Country
by Peter D. Schiff

4.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, 11 Sept. 2012
I read this book after the latest Harry Dent book 'The Great Crash Ahead'. Overall it's a good read. As someone that lives outside of America as I read the book I found myself scratching my head at the rather odd US policy choices. The one that stunned me the most was social security and how easily the government seems to have gained access to the future retirement income of millions (in Australia this is held in unique accounts that the government cannot access and rises/falls with the market). Schiff has a focus on debt whilst Dent has a significant portion of the book on demographics. Either way, it's given me a far better understanding of the perils of US policy and the challenges ahead. Worth a read.