Profile for Maria J. Carey-howells > Reviews

Content by Maria J. Carey...

Maria J. Carey-howells (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
Easipet Fabric Carrier Large, 70 x 52 x 52 cm, Pink
Easipet Fabric Carrier Large, 70 x 52 x 52 cm, Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Very large for cats but a great product., 12 April 2015
I bought this to transport my cats to the vet.
Good points - it collapses, it's easy to put up, cats like it, I like it.
Less good - this is huge for one cat and a medium would have been better ( I have large cats!). This is only just fits through the car door with a bit of sqidging.

LG LAP340 SoundPlate
LG LAP340 SoundPlate

4.0 out of 5 stars An honest review appealing perhaps to the less techno savvy., 25 Aug. 2014
This review is from: LG LAP340 SoundPlate (Electronics)
A review for people who are older than >45yrs old (thats me),
Techo-savviness above average (has a smart phone and can use it) and wouldn't necessarily know the subtle nuances of particular sound waves (sick of reviews using long words trying to sound impressive).
I bought this as I found the TV sound was good but listening to DVDs the sound was poor despite trying to tweak settings etc.

Good Points:
I love the design. The telly just pops on top, it is not intrusive in the room and doesn't look weird.
It connected to the telly via a supplied optical cable and just needed a plug socket.
Basic set up was very easy.
I bought if from Amazon when it was 'on offer' but John Lewis had it at the same price.

Things to consider;

It took me about three days to set the sound settings to get it really really good. E.g. Day one I wasn't sure if it made much of a difference, Day two I had fiddled with the the telly sound settings a bit more and it improved, Day three I tweaked the dvd sound settings and hey presto - I thought yes I'd keep it. There are those of you out there that will think - 3 days - why not do it all at once but I found it difficult to assess sound improvements as my hearing adapted to the better sound quickly. Bit like painting a wall - sometimes you need to look away and then go back to see if you've missed a bit.

The accompanying manual was limited. On days two and three of the above tweaking I was looking at the troubleshooting page which was more helpful and making minor changes from that.

Wish list for soundplate

Although I have a smart LG tv bought in the last two years (and no I can't remember which model because I have a life) the volume button on the remote does not work. This is a minor inconvenience and another remote control to 'keep safe'. I had hoped LG to LG products would have had symmetry.

The soundplate tells you what it is doing by the colour and number of a small flashing dot. Personally I wish it displayed the sound level in a figure so that I would know that volume 10 was ok if I am in the room by myself and volume 16 if the lounge was full. Instead you just have to up it or down it until it feels right.

So two weeks into the purchase:

The soundplate gives a depth of sound which until I bought it I didn't really know it was missing. It has brought back the fact that I can notice the stereo sound and the woofers give it a terrific rumble. I think this is really good. I have limited space and this is a good fit for us. There may be better ones out there but to my limited untrained ear this is an A* for my needs. It is one of those purchases that now I have it .. it is difficult to remember what it was like before??

4* due to guessing sound volume levels and minimal instruction booklet.

Winged
Winged

5.0 out of 5 stars ... carry forward to the next book) however I really liked this book, 9 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Winged (Kindle Edition)
First book in a series but does well as a stand alone book ( sure there are a few loose ends to carry forward to the next book) however I really liked this book. Good writing. Slightly different look on the old Angel saga. Definitely worth a read. Enjoy.

Original Safepore Anti-Slip stickers (10 pieces of 3.94 inches in diameter) for your safety in the bathroom - No more sliding in bathtub or shower tray
Offered by Safepore

4.0 out of 5 stars Actually.....pretty good, 19 Dec. 2013
Brand new luxurious bathroom and I didn't want to spoil it with a mouldy bath mat. Thought these were a bit pricey but as clear discs was looking for the unobtrusive look. Outcome - easy to fit. Did take the advice of one of the reviewers and did the deed in daylight which was good advice. Regarding thier effectiveness I have given it 4 stars. I feel they were worth the expense for what I wanted to achieve.

Radflek Radiator Reflectors with Radstik (5 Sheets, 4 Adhesive Strips, Fits 5-10 Radiators)

4.0 out of 5 stars Anything to help with the heating!, 5 Dec. 2013
Bought the £30 set but for my 3 bed semi could have bought the next size down as I have lots left over. Put it on the rads and initially wasn't sure it made a difference. The foil has now been behind the rads for about 3 weeks. During that time we've had a cold spell and the heating is now on more constantly. What I notice is that when I walk into a room it does feel warm - I don't remember that last year so I am believing the foil was actually a good purchase.
Is it like a tropical breeze - well no - but the rooms are warmer and hey! anything to help and better than heating the brickwork.

Ladies' Sapphire Knitted Jumpers MFDEER Navy/White Small
Ladies' Sapphire Knitted Jumpers MFDEER Navy/White Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 5 Dec. 2013
Bought as a present for my daughter - she is UK size 10 and the small is comfy. It was reasonably priced and lets face it you're only going to be wearing it for a couple of weeks a year. The blue knit of the jumper you can see the white wool behind so its not quite as dark as the photo but for the money it is great. There are a lot more expensive jumpers out there but this was a good price.

Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 N7100 Wallet Flip Case Cover (holds Cards/Cash as well) - Free Screen Protector (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 5 Dec. 2013
I have been using this now for almost a year. Very little wear noticable on the cover. Handy credit card slots inside. Recommended.

Burgmeister Men's Automatic Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Black Leather Bracelet BM129-222
Offered by STI Handel

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Large Watch, 5 Dec. 2013
I sent this watch back. It was beautiful but far to big for my wrist in both circumference and height off of wrist. I know big is in but it was on the silly side.

Proxima Direct? 100/200/300/400/500 LEDs String Fairy Lights for Christmas Tree Party Wedding Events Garden (8 Operation Modes, memory function) - Top Quality (White, 300 LEDs)

4.0 out of 5 stars Clean and Bright, 5 Dec. 2013
+ve
Arrived quickly
Look pretty
Look long enough to cover the tree in a couple of weeks time.
Reasonably priced

-ve
Opened the cardboard box and the lights were in a thin plastic bag inside. Not a big thing but sort of expected to be able to put them back in the box after use but that isn't going to happen. However, because of this it only gets 4 stars.

VonShef Bread Maker - Discontinued by Manufacturer
VonShef Bread Maker - Discontinued by Manufacturer

5.0 out of 5 stars review from novice bread maker, 24 Oct. 2013
This is the first bread maker I have bought. I was deciding between this one and the james andrew machine as they were the same price at the time of purchase. I chose this one despite the fewer reviews as the negative responses (3* or less) were only about gluten free bread which I'm never going to make. the free book was a bonus too. So several weeks into purchase and I think this is an excellent piece of kit and well worth the money. Its sturdy and easy to use. I've tried the quick receipe, the basic and the french receipe. As a family the french receipe won so I stick to that. Its easy. Glad I took the plunge. The bread is how I remember bread from my child hood - filling. I am looking forward to experimenting further over the coming months. If in doubt .... buy one. I bought the best one I could at the time and I've not been disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2