Profile for May Kasahara > Reviews

Content by May Kasahara

May Kasahara (Central London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Evolution A4 120gsm Business Paper - White (Pack of 250)
Evolution A4 120gsm Business Paper - White (Pack of 250)
Price: 7.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice quality paper., 22 Mar 2013
I am very pleased with the quality of this paper it's weighty without being stiff. I gave a document to someone on this paper and they noted that the paper felt 'posh'!

The Book of Tea
The Book of Tea
by Kakuzo Okakura
Price: 3.73

3.0 out of 5 stars Great content but poor quality book., 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Book of Tea (Paperback)
I ordered this as a gift for a friend who is a tea lover but I was very disappointed by the quality of the product I received. It is pretty much a digital colour copy of the book. The image on the front cover is pixelated because of the poor resolution. I have bought another edition of this book for 1 more which was proper print quality and included extra notes. The other edition has a brown cover with an image within a square on the cover.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2013 10:15 AM BST

How To Think More About Sex (School of Life)
How To Think More About Sex (School of Life)
Price: 3.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but not revelatory., 3 Dec 2012
This is a well-written essay that exploring issues that effect sexual relationships and ways of thinking that may help you get beyond the problem. Best read in one or two sittings rather than dipping in and out, otherwise it will lose some of its impact.

Simply Scandinavian
Simply Scandinavian
by Sara Norrman
Price: 13.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Well laid out, nice quality book., 3 Dec 2012
This review is from: Simply Scandinavian (Hardcover)
Great pictures along with a concise description of the style and how to use it as inspiration in your own home. I would have like to have seen more examples of each of the styles represented (such as designer or eclectic) - this would have provided more inspiration and a greater understanding of 'how' the rooms were put together.

There are probably more instructive and informative books available for those who want to replicate Scandi style in their homes.

30-Something and Over It: What Happens When You Wake Up and Don't Want to Go to Work . . . Ever Again
by Kasey Edwards
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Upbeat and engaging, 26 Mar 2012
This was one of five books I bought to inspire me in my search for a new career. I wanted to mix it up a bit so three of the books were more instructional and written in an academic text book style, the fourth book was written more like a women's mag and this one is categorised as an autobiography.

Kasey's style is light and witty - she doesn't take herself too seriously and she xplores the some pretty big issues honestly and openly.

As a 30 something female who has always worked in the corporate world, I related to most of what Kasey was going through and I was fascinated to see how someone else was dealing with the challenges, dilemmas and questions that I, and many of my friends of a similar age face. Kasey's journey is interesting and motivational as she does reach (and share) a number of conclusions by the end of her journey - which is also the start of her new journey.

This was a great book to start my journey and I am ready to read the next career book on my shelf but with a slightly more open mind than I had before sharing Kasey's journey.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2012 4:16 PM GMT

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 [DVD] [2011]
Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Daniel Radcliffe
Offered by Champion Toys
Price: 6.79

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as The Goblet of Fire!, 11 Jan 2012
I have been waiting for this film with breath abated since I read the final book in 2007 and it does not disappoint! Until this was released, I thought that Goblet of Fire was to be the best film of the series but this final film really does equal it. I first saw it in the Waterloo Imax in 3D and thought that the DVD would be less compelling but it definitely holds its own. Draw the curtains and settle down with some popcorn and butter beer - enjoy!

Rastamouse and the Crucial Plan
Rastamouse and the Crucial Plan
by Michael De Souza

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, colourful and original., 10 Jan 2012
I bought and read this to my 4 year old boy and he loves it - especially if I do the accents. The storyline is easy to follow but there is a nice moral to the story and the baddie gets their comeuppance! The illustrations are bright, well drawn and compliment the story well.

DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Madrid
DK Eyewitness Top 10 Travel Guide: Madrid
by Christopher Rice

3.0 out of 5 stars Concise and easy to follow guide., 10 Jan 2012
I visited most of the top ten spots in the guide and found the guide useful once I was at the spot but the maps within were not very good for navigating around the city. Overall it did the job, it gave me just the right amount of information on the sights and made it easy to decide what I wanted to see and explore.

Greeting Card - Muhammad Ali Speedball Training
Greeting Card - Muhammad Ali Speedball Training
Offered by Icon
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, well packaged and speedy delivery., 10 Jan 2012
Better than I expected. The item arrived in perfect condition, well packaged and very quickly. The image of Ali is sharp and the quality of the card is nice. I bought it as a birthday card for a friend who's a boxing fan and he really liked it.

The Big Silence [DVD]
The Big Silence [DVD]
Dvd ~ Barney Snow Clare Bradbury
Offered by The Canny Store
Price: 11.97

5.0 out of 5 stars A moving and thought-provoking documentary on silence and meditation., 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Big Silence [DVD] (DVD)
I caught the final episode of this on the BBC and it made such an impression that I wanted to watch the whole series. I am very glad that I did - the 3 documentaries in the series take you on a journey with 5 very different participants but I could identify or relate to each of them in some way.

They give an open and honest account of their struggle to find and accept silence in their lives and it is fascinating to watch as they receive guidance from their mentors. Their individual journeys make compelling viewing as they all make significant realisations and changes. There is also the additional insight of the monk who is responsible for helping them find silence - his counsel is a rare combination of spiritual advice, philosophy and an understanding of the real world.

Having watched this I have made some changes to the way I approach my home life.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3