Profile for Music Maestro > Reviews

Content by Music Maestro

Music Maestro "Music Maestro" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Nishikoi Growth Medium Pellet 10kg 10000g
Nishikoi Growth Medium Pellet 10kg 10000g
Offered by Warehouse-Aquatics

5.0 out of 5 stars My Koi aren't coy about these goodies!, 5 Jun 2014
I've used Nishikoi pellets for several years now. Proof is in the eating as they say and my fish always eagerly await being fed. They're enthusiastic, lively and a joy to appreciate at these times with several of my koi keenly regularly anticipating their food with open mouths at the water's surface, even before I release any pellets. If only they could talk they'd be highly complimentary about them for sure!
I find the medium sized pellets a suitable size for both my koi and goldfish to ingest. I tend to use the wheat-germ based pellets at the start and end of the feeding year; go onto Nishikoi staple thereafter, before using the growth product in the main summer period. This has worked well and produced what seem to be a healthy, colourful and well developed fish stock. My koi have grown from a few inches into ones weighing several pounds now and fortunately I've not had any problems associated with fish diseases or apparent digestive or waste issues. I put much of this down to their diet, endorsing the expression, 'You are what you eat'. I know there's plenty of other pond fish food about, but why change what has been a total success? Also, by shopping around, you can pick Nishikoi pellets up for a reasonable price, such as through Amazon.
I'd always recommend Nishikoi pellets to any caring koi pond enthusiast.

Hozelock 7850 50m Ultimate Hose
Hozelock 7850 50m Ultimate Hose

5.0 out of 5 stars Puppy Proof - only time will tell!, 17 May 2014
I chose this hose as purportedly it is the best Hoselock currently produce with a massively long guarantee on it - 30 years. My previous Hoselock hose was an excellent purchase and resisted anything encountered until our new puppy arrived. She decided it was perfect for chewing and so we inherited an unwanted sprinkler system after about 14 years of continuous use. Only time will tell if our new hose lives up to our original, but it certainly looks very strong, yet flexible and light for the length it is. The only aspect to be aware of is this hose is a bright yellow, so doesn't camouflage itself easily, but we're hoping it frightens off our maturing puppy from chewing it like the former one we had.

Am I Missing Something...: Unpublished Letters from the Daily Telegraph (Telegraph Books)
by Iain Hollingshead

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it or you'll miss out on many fine contributions, 8 Feb 2014
The great thing with this collection is every one is unique and contributed by a different writer. There's a splendid variety of thoughts, ideas, humour and subject matter, but most of all, so many will make you laugh or chuckle. A pick me up, put me down kind of book for almost any spare time you have, so perfect to enjoy almost anywhere. I'd be amazed if you're not amused by this collection, even if they didn't quite make it to print.

The Best of Matt 2013
The Best of Matt 2013
by Matt Pritchett

5.0 out of 5 stars As a Matt...er of fact, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Best of Matt 2013 (Paperback)
If you appreciate this style of journalistic humour then how can you possibly be disappointed in the award winning contributions of Matt? Another fine selection of relevant captions are contained in this collection and are amusing in themselves, but have added amusement once you recall the relevance of the news of the day that inspired them. I have read previous editions and this latest collection maintains the style, humour and standard. A lightweight book providing plenty of smiles and laughs whatever your age and wherever you wish to browse it; so easy to lighten and brighten up any dreary day and we've had plenty of those recently!

4 Section Dual Height Cycle/Bike/Storage Rack
4 Section Dual Height Cycle/Bike/Storage Rack
Offered by Bison Products

4.0 out of 5 stars On your Bike, 8 Feb 2014
A well constructed and rigid stand with the potential to tidy up your garage and minimise the risk of damaging frame paintwork once bikes have been slotted into the rack. Although supplied with ground fixing bolts I have found the unit to be firm and secure without these, relying on the weight and general stability of my rack and bikes housed in it to work satisfactorily. Be aware that some manipulation or moving of bikes can be required to ensure they all fit without interfering with their neighbours. However, I've combined racing and mountain bikes so this may have impacted somewhat on the original intentions of the designers. A slight increase in the difference in the two wheel holding heights would have probably avoided this, but overall it isn't a concerning issue once you've worked out which bikes fit where best. I'm very pleased with my purchase and it seems to be made to last, to a good standard of manufacture and so expectations are high it will provide good service over many years to come. Also, provides good value for money.

Dr Thorne (Everyman's Library Classics)
Dr Thorne (Everyman's Library Classics)
by Anthony Trollope

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Thorny, but plenty of Trollope!, 8 Feb 2014
Another brilliant Trollope novel with the added value of a hardback at fantastic discount. If you enjoy Anthony's writing style and intrigue then you'll not be disappointed.

10kg Nishikoi Staple Pellets (medium)
10kg Nishikoi Staple Pellets (medium)
Offered by Aquatix-2u Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing fishy about this!, 16 Sep 2013
Nishikoi is a recognised and well respected producer of koi products. I've been using these pellets for several years as my pond fishes' staple summer diet. It's not just my koi that devour them avidly, as my goldfish, fantails etc. love them too! The food comes in small, medium and large sizes and in different core ingredients, so make sure you chose the right ones to suit your own fish. Mine love eating these pellets and willingly surface every time. My koi have grown well with them and look fit and healthy too. With the excellent value through Amazon my local supplier's own brand at 'BOGOF' was more expensive. Need I say more?

L'Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil Masque 500ml
L'Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil Masque 500ml
Offered by Beautiful Barnets

5.0 out of 5 stars Oiled to delight, 3 Aug 2013
A fine product at an excellent price. After trying a variety of similar products this has been my preferred choice.

The Warden (Penguin English Library)
The Warden (Penguin English Library)
by Anthony Trollope

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent Trollope, 3 Aug 2013
If you're a fan of Trollope then I'm sure you'll enjoy this book. As one of the respected literary authors, this novel confirms that status. If you're new to Trollope, then why not experience what the hype is all about. I won't spoil the storyline as that's part of the pleasure and intrigue. Enjoy!

Calm: 36 Pieces To Soothe, Relax and Inspire
Calm: 36 Pieces To Soothe, Relax and Inspire
Offered by InfinityBuys

5.0 out of 5 stars Calm - an absolute classic!, 23 Jun 2013
Every now and again one stumbles across a real classic. Well, this is exactly what happened to me obtaining this superb compilation of some of the most relaxing and enchanting classics I've ever come across in a single CD collection. This calm combination has become a firm favourite since I acquired it and without doubt it is now the most played in my entire CD collection ever since its purchase several months ago. It is just as much a favourite with my wife as with me, and friends have raved about it too!
One of the delights is the mix of established classics alongside some lesser known yet equally memorable pieces that blend beautifully together. Moreover, the musicality and interpretations are first rate, such as the fine interpretation apparent in 'Clair de lune'. Maybe this excellence is a little less surprising when the performers include Vladimir Ashkenazy, the London Symphony Orchestra and the Academy of St Martin in the Fields conducted by Neville Mariner.
Whether you're looking for wonderful mood music, superb background atmospheric pieces, a charming variety of classical styles to enchant, or sense mellow music created to be beautifully atmospheric and savour time and again, look no further.
Thoroughly recommended and clearly music to totally relax almost anyone who starts out in any mood who enjoys some of the finest of calming classical music ever composed.

Page: 1 | 2