Profile for Zen Kiddo > Reviews

Content by Zen Kiddo

Zen Kiddo

Mayday: A Kaiju Thriller
Mayday: A Kaiju Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it, love it! Giant monsters wreaking havoc? Who doesn't love that!, 4 Feb. 2015
If you like stories about giant monsters rampaging about then you'll love this one!

I'm a sucker for a kaiju movie/story hence this appeared on my recommendation list. Decided to read this when I was going to Disney land (hey, you never know if Mickey Mouse and co are going to rise up against the thousands of spectators that want to meet them everyday!) and by the third day I had finished it.

Mayday is an 'easy' read and a highly entertaining one at that. There's enough description in it to paint a picture that your imagination can fill in the rest. I couldn't help but think the whole way through it that I would love to see a movie adaptation as I think it would translate perfectly to the big screen. As much as I enjoyed Pacific Rim and the most recent Godzilla remake, I think with the right director and budget (and at least a 15 rating) this could be a real blockbuster and the movie all kaiju fans have been waiting for.

I don't want to give too much away as the blurb tells you all you need to know. The story itself kicks off quickly and once it steps up a gear I defy you to want to put it down. Maybe it's impulse control on the part of the author, who can say!!

Have a read at it though, leave a review and let's just hope we get a sequel!!

EOZY Multipurpose Use 6 in 1 Thermal Warm Fleece Balaclava Hood Police Swat Ski Bike Wind Stopper Full Face Mask Hats Neck Warmer Outdoor Winter Sports Snowboard Proof (Black)
Offered by Jiang 4 you

2.0 out of 5 stars Small head? No problem, 13 Oct. 2014
I bought this to wear while taking my dog walks out on winter days or going along to the football and wearing under another hooded jacket. First thing I found was that it was really quite a 'snug' fit, probably slighter smaller than I had wanted, but I have quite a small head so I figured it would do the job... until I looked in the mirror! Whether it was the way it was packaged I don't know but it had went into a 'point' at the top - making me look like either a gnome or a member of certain pointy-hat-wearing-organisation. I'm not sure if this was due to the small fit but needless to say I'll only be wearing it underneath the hood of a jacket on dark mornings or nights! I would not recommend this product at all unless you really don't care how you look!!!

Soccer Stars
Soccer Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars So Addictive, 20 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Soccer Stars (App)
I absolutely love this game, have to force myself to stop playing it. Never have problems with crashing or anything, can't recommend it enough, perfect time killer! Would like to see a Scotland flag option though!

White Dog (Masters of Cinema) (Dual Format Edition) [Blu-ray + DVD] [1982]
White Dog (Masters of Cinema) (Dual Format Edition) [Blu-ray + DVD] [1982]
Dvd ~ Samuel FULLER

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, great blu-ray transfer..., 13 May 2014
Enough has probably been said about the movie in other reviews, I juts wanted to take an opportunity to make a comment on the blu-ray transfer... which in my opinion looked great. It's well worth an extra couple of quid to buiy the blu-ray version as I see someone else has posted a review that mentions the DVD quality isn't great. The book which comes as part of the blu-ray is also really good and even features an interview with the dog!!

Why the movie was banned at the time, I couldn't comment.. seems to have been a bit of sensationlism I think. When I have recommended the movie to people most have 'guffawed' the storyline and made out like I endorsed racism just by buying it! However upon watching it, pretty much everyone has agreed that it is a really powerful movie and - for lack of more appropriate term - have 'enjoyed' it.

Dark Tide [DVD]
Dark Tide [DVD]
Dvd ~ Halle Berry
Offered by rsdvd

1.0 out of 5 stars A punishment of a movie, 5 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Dark Tide [DVD] (DVD)
Maybe it's my own fault but I've been waiting for a decent shark movie for a long time - I did know though, that this was supposed to be pretty bad before I even bought it but I thought I'd approach it with an open-mind. However it was truly awful. At no point did I feel the suspense I previously felt watching movies of the animal-attack genre or the desire to see any of the characters survive. Even Halle Berry from the start, as stunning as she was, had probably one of the most unlikable characters.

This film could have been about 30min long if it wasn't for the unnecessarily long shots and a flashback which lasted much longer than it should have. When there were action scenes at night, frankly it was too dark to have a clue what was going on and who each of the characters were. I tried for a second to brighten the screen up using the tv settings but quickly realised I didn't really care what was happening and who, if anyone was being attacked.

Honestly, don't waste your time with it - even if your expectations aren't particularly high. This dvd will find itself in the bargain basket pretty soon before it gets shown on the Sci Fi/Men & Motors channel.

My partner summoned it up perfectly... "That whole movie was like a punishment".

Let's hope Bait is even marginally better.