Profile for Pineapple > Reviews

Pineapple

Ulysses (Illustrated Edition)
Ulysses (Illustrated Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a Classic, 1 Mar. 2012
I have been through a few Kindle versions of Ulysees now but have given up on each after a chapter or so due to poor formatting or missing/jumbled text. I was about to give up on counting it in my library until I saw this version and for the sake of a quid - thought I'd give it a try. And I'm pleased I did. It is presented perfectly and if you are going to attempt this goliath of a book on your Kindle then you'd be hard-pushed to find a more readable version. It comes with some decent original photos too - but more importantly, it is true to the print version and set out as it should be for Kindle - with menus that actually work and page breaks where they should be. Everyone should at least try to read Ulysees in their lifetime - give it a go!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2012 4:48 PM GMT

Black Tie White Noise
Black Tie White Noise

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 3 Feb. 2012
Just finished reading this and thoroughly enjoyed every page. As pointed out by other reviews, it will benefit hugely from a fresh edit but this can easily be overlooked and taking this out of account and judging purely on the writing and the story, I can't give it any less than 5 stars. It gripped me the whole way and kept me wanting more. A fantastic debut.