Profile for R. caven > Reviews

Hush, Hush
Hush, Hush
by Becca Fitzpatrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful must read, 7 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Hush, Hush (Hardcover)
I just finished this story in around 3 hours because i couldn't put it down, i was instantlyd rawn into the storyline and the characters lives, i know good writing when the characters become real to me and they did in this story.

Nora was a great lead female and lets just say every girl will be crushing on Patch, what a wonderful lead male, i loved that he was the ultimate bad boy because he really was bad at times. Don't get me wrong i adored the twilight books but i never fell for edwards character because he was too romantic to pull off the bad boy thing. Patch however... woah and that makes the sexual chemistry so nice and intense.

Not going to compare it to the twilight books much because this is a completely different storyline but i can see the books becoming as popular as twilight and patch becoming the new heart throb.

The storyline itself was deep and thought out, i loved the mythology and how it wasn't overly religous despite the use of angels. The background characters were also great i genuinly cared about vee and was also insanely frustrated with her and i was creeped out by Elliott.

Wonderful writing, cannotw ait for the next installment.

Hunger (Gone Novels (Hardcover))
Hunger (Gone Novels (Hardcover))
by Michael Grant

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing follow up, 29 Jun. 2009
Amazing follow up, I was very excited to get this second booka nd read it as soon as i could. I loved the tone of desperation and hoplessness in the book which helps you to put yourself in the situation and how you would react. Amazing series cannot wait for the next book.

Gone
Gone
by Michael Grant

5.0 out of 5 stars A new addiction for adults as well as teens, 30 April 2009
This review is from: Gone (Hardcover)
I have never been compelled to write a review despite being an avid reader. Most the books I enjoy already have the big reviews and i tend to agree with what is said. But I felt the need to review this book and urge people to read it.

I was interested by the summary when i saw it in the shop and decided to give it a try and I was hooked. I was reading every moment I could and was drawn into the world created on these pages. The writing was able to create vivid imagery for me so that I was able to see everything as if it were a film and i have only ever experienced that with the harry potter books and the dark tower series.

I am an adult but I am regulary scouting teen books as I feel they are at times better and I am glad I did as I found this gem. I wont say much about the story line other than it will draw you in and leave you wanting more. I really canot wait for the second book and will be pre ordering it.

I also hope someone decides to make this a film or a tv series as I know it would be a massive hit if done well. It is aimed at teens but it has enough adult themes and some almost horrifying situations that will draw any adult in.

I would recommend anyone over 10 check this book out and join in the new obsession.

A Walk To Remember [DVD] [2002]
A Walk To Remember [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Mandy Moore
Offered by Jasuli

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, touching, moving a must see for all, 4 Feb. 2007
I have a love for most teen movies and accept them for what they tend to be, a nice couple of hours where the right people get together through some trails and everyone ends up happy the bad guys get taught a lesson and good wins. A walk to remember should never fall into a typical teen movie category.

I had little expectations of this film after seeing Mandy moore in other roles but was pleasantly surprised to see for once the dowdy goody two shoes looked like that, i only realised it was mandy moore when she began to sing because she really looked the plain jane. I found it refreshing that she never gets the big makeover, yes during teh play she looks nice but she never suddenly becomes this hot young thing that makes him fall in love. He falls in love with who she is and best of it is you believe that Landon is falling for her you go through that with him.

I loved that the song was placed early on in the movie and i loved the song and how it fit so well. I also found the way he looked at her during the song breathtaking and so believable. This film could never be accused of being cliched or typical never once are their big gestures of love their love is slow in its discovery and believable. Even when she is lying ill in bed there are no death speeches or overly placed script everything feels so real you can believe that this is a real story.

Truely moving story with an excellent cast i loved the fact that the bad guys though bad were redeeming chracters who realised they were wrong and apologised and the situation where she is teased and he stands up for her was wonderful.

Really well written and wonderful film and a must see or all ages i love it my 11 and 8 year old sisters loved it and so did my mum. Make sure you see it.