Profile for A. Williams > Reviews

Content by A. Williams

A. Williams (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
FRUIT OF THE LOOM LONG SLEEVE T SHIRT (S-XXL) (LARGE - 42/44", DARK NAVY)
FRUIT OF THE LOOM LONG SLEEVE T SHIRT (S-XXL) (LARGE - 42/44", DARK NAVY)
Offered by ETHIC-STAR Limited
Price: 3.20

2.0 out of 5 stars OK Top, 5 April 2013
I bought a large expecting the top to fit nicely as most larges do on me. However, the arms are WAY too short for it to fit me right. The rest of the sizing is ok but they seem to think that if you're a large, you are going to have very short arms!

Hanes Tagless T-Shirt Sports Long Sleeve T-shirt Red L
Hanes Tagless T-Shirt Sports Long Sleeve T-shirt Red L

2.0 out of 5 stars Strangely sized top, 5 April 2013
I bought a large of this top and the sizing seems to be very strange. The sleeves are quite tight and not really long enough for me, but then the body is quite loose. So I have to conclude that if I bought an XL to have the arms fit a bit better, the body would then be WAY to big for me.

SOL'S Monarch Long Sleeve T-Shirt Mens Khaki L
SOL'S Monarch Long Sleeve T-Shirt Mens Khaki L
Offered by Dig My T Shirt
Price: 7.93

3.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than I expected, 5 April 2013
I ordered a Large expecting it to fit nicely as most large tops do on me but this is a little on the baggy side.

L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Eye Roll On 10ml
L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Eye Roll On 10ml
Offered by Cosmetic Co
Price: 4.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not 100% on this stuff, 4 April 2013
I do regularly apply this product when I am going out and prhaps haven't slept enought the night before. I'm not totally convinced it's doing something though. IT certainly makes the bags under my eyes moist and if there's a bit of a nip in the air they then do feel a little tighter as it dries. But if its a warm day, I don't feel much is happening.

SAMSUNG EB575152VU BATTERY FOR I9000 GALAXY S
SAMSUNG EB575152VU BATTERY FOR I9000 GALAXY S
Offered by SWAYZ LTD
Price: 4.43

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty bad really, 4 April 2013
I'm not convinced the battery I recieved was official (despite having the official looking stickers on it) because it died after about a month. I now don't use it and wouldn't recommend getting one of these.

Authentic RDX Gel Weight lifting body building gloves
Authentic RDX Gel Weight lifting body building gloves
Offered by B2Fitness
Price: 13.55

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 4 April 2013
I found these gloves to be fine for a week or two then I noticed that the grey pads stiched into the palms of the gloves started to dig into my skin when lifting heavier weight. I'm now looking to get gloves that have gel in the palms of them as I have read good things about how they cushion the hand better.

Authentic RDX Shin instep pad protector foot MMA Guard boxing, X-Large
Authentic RDX Shin instep pad protector foot MMA Guard boxing, X-Large
Offered by B2Fitness
Price: 19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not overly happy, 4 April 2013
My main issue is that the guards I got look NOTHING like the ones that are pictured here. The gap between the shin pad and the foot pad on the ones I recieved is too small so they limit my range of movement and generally don't fit properly.

I wouldn't recommend these simply on the basis that you won't get what is in the picture.

Micropure Creatine Monohydrate 250g Pot - 100 days (maintenance) supply - Fast Delivery

1.0 out of 5 stars Gave me a rash, 4 April 2013
Using this product gave me a rash on my legs and arms. I was cycling 6 weeks on and 2 weeks off and the rash was clearing up in the 2 weeks I was off each time.

I stopped using the products and spent a little more on a creatine by Reflex as I had read is was a finer powder and suspected this might have something to do with it. I found it to be a lot better and my rash went away.

Reflex Nutrition - Creapure Creatine Monohydrate - 500g
Reflex Nutrition - Creapure Creatine Monohydrate - 500g
Offered by PRO HEALTH
Price: 16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Just know what you're getting, 4 April 2013
I bought this brand of creatine because I had previously used a cheaper brand that had given me a rash on my arms and legs. I found that I did not get a rash with this brand and I think perhaps this is because the powder is much finer and doesn't clump as much as the one I had before.

Now this was the first time (this and the previous brand together) that I had tried creatine and I have used it for around 6 months in cycles of 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off. This coupled with some research I have done has led me to the following conclusions:

What creatine monohydrate does is give you the appearance of having larger muscles. It moves water from elsewhere in your body and pumps it into you muslces to make you look bigger. I would argue that it does not actually make your muscles bigger or help you train harder, longer or lift heavier. I believe peaople who say that it does are just pushing themselves harder expecting the creatine to work.

What it did for me was make me feel very tired and lethargic when trying to do other excersises besides weight training. I also train in martial arts and I was really struggling keeping up with the others and I think this was down to being dehydrated from the creatine. I noticed that in my 2 weeks off I began to feel fitter and get back to my normal self, then after a week or so of being back on the product again - I'd go back to being too slow and week to keep up.

I have read about many athletes that used to take creatine before they knew better. I have also read about many actors who take creatine when appearing in an action movie or something like that. A good example if Robert Downey Junior, he takes creatine to be on screen for the Iron Man movies. This is an ideal use for creatine as it only give you the appearance of being bigger and does not make you fitter or stronger.

So, if you're looking just to look good in some holiday snaps this summer or soemthing like that, by all means get on the creatine to buff you up a bit. But if you are trying to persistantly get stronger and fitter: do it the old fashioned way.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 26, 2013 4:17 PM BST

Ampro Pro Speed Rope 10ft
Ampro Pro Speed Rope 10ft
Offered by Ampro Direct
Price: 9.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Average Rope, 4 April 2013
This rope is pretty good I guess. The one problem I have with it is that it was delivered all rolled up in the pack (which you would expect) and I've been having trouble every since trying to get the rope to 'relax' so to speak. What I mean is, there are still slight kinks and bends in the rope from when it was curled and folded in the pack. This has affected the smoothness that I can skip some what.

I think I will eventually look to get a slightly pricier one to see if the higher quality means that I can avoid this issue.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3