Profile for carolina > Reviews

Simple Inspirations
by Debi Hron
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars really good quality, 6 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Simple Inspirations (Calendar)
Extremely high quality calendar, really nice thick paper and colour are just so vibrant.

My only query to the manufacturer: please consider making the calendar with European-style week - starting on a Monday instead of a Sunday!!

Santoro Eclectic - Eclectic Mini Pouch We Can All Shine Design Key Ring Purse
Santoro Eclectic - Eclectic Mini Pouch We Can All Shine Design Key Ring Purse
Offered by INTERNET GIFT STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good quality handy little pouch, 3 Jan. 2016
Absolutely adorable tiny pouch. Perfect to hold your earpiece (that's what I use mine for) or change, or some plasters & daily meds, or hair pins or any other tiny objects that tend to disappear in your handbag. It could also be used to place your jewellery when travelling (i.e. little earings and rinds and perhaps some small bracelets) - it would protect your valuables as it is well padded.

I find all the items from Gorjuss are very good quality, and this particular pouch is extremely good quality:

- Brass colour zip and ring - the ring is good if you want to attach it to a keyring.
- Neoprene-type material that will protect fragile items.
- Colours in the illustrations are really deep and just as good as they are in the cards.

So delighted I bought another one for a gift =)

Filofax Personal Vertical Year Planner for 2016
Filofax Personal Vertical Year Planner for 2016

5.0 out of 5 stars FONT IN THE PICTURE DOES NOT CORRESPOND TO REAL ITEM., 3 Jan. 2016
FONT IN THE PICTURE DOES NOT CORRESPOND TO REAL ITEM.

I guess this is an outdated picture (i.e. they just photoshop the year number)? In the picture provided by Amazon when I bought this, the font was Times-New-Roman-style, whereas in the real item, the font is Calibri-style. This is an improvement as far as I'm concerned, and a welcome surprise, but Amazon needs to update the picture!

Apart from that, this is as good as you would expect from Filofax. Good paper quality and fits the personal size organiser perfectly.

I find this layout works better if you have a busy year ahead, as it allows for quite a bit of text per day - i.e. I can write in flight times & destination comfortably. You could also fit in birthdays with the y.o.b. and the name, and maybe a tiny sticker. You can't do this in the horizontal yearly planner, because the daily cells are too small. This is why I have decided to switch to the vertical layout.

On the other hand though, this vertical yearly planner has Jan to June on one side, AND July to Dec on the other side. So you cannot see the whole year in one glance. I'm fine with that, but worth considering if you are switching form the horizontal year planner (in the horizontal you do see the whole year on one page, and the back is blank).

Finally, either item will amount to the same weight/bulk in your organiser, because they take up exactly the same space.

My query to Filofax: it would be lovely to have this item in colour: for instance, each month could be one pastel shade, or the border of the table could be a nice color, etc.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 15, 2016 2:47 PM GMT

Washi Masking Tape Craft Stickers Pack Decorative Labelling Scrapbooking Paper
Washi Masking Tape Craft Stickers Pack Decorative Labelling Scrapbooking Paper

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty & handy, 12 Aug. 2015
Really pretty, handy and great value. Would buy again :)

Fiskars medium Circle HOLE Hand Punch 1/8 INCH
Fiskars medium Circle HOLE Hand Punch 1/8 INCH

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for Erin Condren planners' coil. Could have better padding., 24 July 2015
Very good. I found it difficult to find a padded one, and this is great. Padding could be a little bit thicker and this is the only reason I am not giving it 5*. Otherwise, good product and I would recommend.

It's the perfect size for Erin Condren Life Planners' coil.

OXO Good Grips Complete Grate and Slice, Multi-Colour
OXO Good Grips Complete Grate and Slice, Multi-Colour

5.0 out of 5 stars Best. Slicer. Ever., 24 July 2015
Truly outstanding product. As always, OXO good grips has the gift of taking a humble, day-to-day item, redesigning it, and voi-là, a pleasure to use and store. It has so many little parts, and yet it stores so neatly. Ah-mazing.

Would thoroughly recommend - I'm a very happy buyer :)

Accmart(TM) 4Pcs Classify Drawer Dividers Closet Organizers Storage Boxes for Bra Underwear Socks Ties Rosy

1.0 out of 5 stars I regret having spent my money on these., 24 July 2015
Very flimsy and cheaply made. Unpleasant to touch.

Ended up giving them away for charity. I regret having spent my money on these.

Staedtler 334 SB20 Triplus Fineliner Tips Desktop Box - Assorted Colours, Pack of 20
Offered by Khushi4you

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Erin Condren Life Planners, 24 July 2015
Bought these specifically to use with my Filofax & Erin Condren diaries, after seeing YT reviews. Finally, found colour pens that do not bleed through! The colours are absolutely beautiful and bright, even the lightest colours, and it is a pleasure to write with.

The clever case is a bonus, and it keeps them tidy and easy to access when working on bigger projects and colour coding.

Have to admit I am so pleased with this product, I have bought other formats too :)

BabyFoot Deep Exfoliation For Feet peel
BabyFoot Deep Exfoliation For Feet peel
Offered by BeautySupply

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazing initially.... but read the UNHAPPY UPDATE after 1 month, 18 July 2015
See UNHAPPY UPDATE at the end.

----

This is AMAZING. I was a bit hesitant before purchasing, as it does look a bit strange, but did a lot of research (some excellent YT videos) and decided to bite the bullet, and so glad I did. Bought it on eBay for 14.99GBP, which at the time was cheaper than Amazon.uk.

It is really easy to use, but you have to follow the steps indicated, otherwise it will not work, or the results will be disappointing:

1) Before using, soak your feet in lukewarm water for 20 minutes. This will soften your skin, which means it will absorb the product more easily, thus making it more effective. Dry your feet as usual.

2) DO NOT APPLY ANY LOTION, CREAM, DEODORANT OR TALCUM POWDER. Just your freshly washed feet.

3) Put your feet in the booties provided, seal and throw some old thick socks over the booties so that you can walk around a bit. I am a 39 foot size and I was just fine. I was pleasantly surprised that a) it smelled very nice, like apple-y; b) it felt nice - I was worried it would itch or sting or burn but none of this happened, it simply felt moist and wet, but in a pleasant, "spa" way; c) it DID NOT DRIP! and the booties stayed in place all the time; and d) I could potter around the house much more easily than I had expected. Just beware if you have mobility issues, but I could easily go up and down the stairs for a couple of times and it was all fine. I also felt that walking around a bit helped by spreading the product better.

4) Wait for 2 whole hours with the booties on. Make yourself a cuppa and lay on the sofa with a good book or film while you wait. It helps if you lightly massage now and again over the bootie & sock combo, just so it absorbs well around awkward areas such as around your little toe which tends to curl up a bit as we know.

5) After the 2 hours, just rinse and dry your feet as you would normally do, but do not moisturise. I just had a mild warm sensation for a while, not burning, not stingy, just pleasantly warm and it only lasted for like 5-10 minutes.

6) Forget about the whole thing for 3 days, as NOTHING will happen. At that point I was doubting that anything would happen. Your feet will feel increasingly dry: DO NOT MOISTURISE.

7) On day 3 the soles of my feet felt very leathery, like they were ready to start shedding. I had a long foot soak with just water, as I read that that may help. I finally started feeling that I was on to something.

8) On day 4: Oh. My.God. My feet started shedding old dry skin, big time. This lasted for around 5 days, full throttle, and then phased down during a few more days. I noticed that I shed more skin on the days that I walked the most: the natural rubbing that happens as you walk accelerates the process. Be warned, though: lots of skin confetti around the house and on the bed.

9) 10 days after applying the product, my feet feel amazingly soft and healthy. I feel this has been much cheaper and healthier than a pedicure (oh, that cheese grater, ladies, you know what I mean!). I do feel that only the "bad skin" fell off, and I am now left with lovely smooth and health looking fresh skin. I never experienced any itching or irritation at any point during the process. The effects to me feel as good as going to the chiropractor, in terms of feeling light and healthy feet, and sooo much better than a pedicure.

This is my longest ever Amazon review. I felt I had to do it because if used correctly, this product is outstanding!

Planning to use it a couple of times a year now, especially before summer every year to prepare my feet for sandal weather.

Would thoroughly recommend :)

---

UPDATE AFTER A MONTH:

I have never posted an update but in this occasion I felt I had to.

It has been roughly a month after the end of the process (step 9). Whilst my feet were wonderfully smooth for a couple of weeks, they naturally starting getting dry and rough around the usual spots. This was expected and did not surprise me: after all, the rough skin is caused by daily walking and so on and it is a natural process.

What has surprised me (and this is why I wrote the update) is that I now have cracked heels!!!!!!!!!!! I have NEVER had that in my life ever and am of course very unhappy about it. I assume this is because the skin had to harden quickly (i.e. I went from indeed baby heels to rough heels again in record time).

So I have gone from 5* to 3*.

I am not saying you shouldn't use it, but I don't think I will be using this product again any time soon :(

Draper Small Barbecue Cover
Draper Small Barbecue Cover

1.0 out of 5 stars It leaks. Amazon won't replace it., 26 Jun. 2015
This item was faulty and rain leaked into our newly bought barbecue. Amazon won't exchange the item because it's been over a month since we purchased it. Of course, we had to wait for it to rain in order to find out if it leaked or not. Duh.

If you buy this, I would recommend you use your watering can all over it for a few minutes to test it. Yes, this was sarcasm.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9