Profile for Trotter > Reviews

Trotter

Beldray BEL0434V2 Steam Surge Pro Steam Generator Iron Station, 2400 W
Beldray BEL0434V2 Steam Surge Pro Steam Generator Iron Station, 2400 W

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Budget Buy, 29 May 2016
At £55.00 the Beldray BEL0434V2 Steam Surge Pro Steam Generator Iron looks like it could be a good buy - but it is early days yet.

It certainly does what it is said it would do on the box - steam iron the laundry. Mrs Trotter has no complaints about this - and a happy Mrs Trotter is a happy Mr Trotter.

It feels more flimsy than my previous Tefal, it has no 'shot of steam steam' facility and the steam hose and electricity storage arrangement leave something to be desired - but at about a third of the cost of the Tefal these are acceptable compromises.

It is not as instantaneous as I was used to - it makes an off putting gurgling noise as you wait for the pump to do is stuff and for the steam to begin to appear. The wait is not excessive.

The biggest pain with the iron is the need to soak its filter for five to ten minutes (apparently) each time it is used. That puts the kibosh on those quick, last minute emergency ironing jobs. Also the the filter has to be soaked in white vinegar every two to four weeks (depending on the hardness of the water).

If you are on a budget, or do not fancy splashing out on its upmarket Grand Prix styled sisters, this generator iron appears to have a lot going for it

ETC Rain Suit
ETC Rain Suit
Price: £9.32 - £21.90

5.0 out of 5 stars I wanted something that was sturdy, would make me visable and were waterproof, 3 April 2015
This review is from: ETC Rain Suit (Sports)
I bought the satern yellow version of the suit to keep in my bicycle pannier bag to stop me being caught out on a wet day. I wanted something that was sturdy, would make me visable and were waterproof. These seem sturdy, and I shall certainly be visable ( even from outerspace!). I have not worn them in the wet yet so cannot comment on that aspect yet.

RCP WP100 carrier bags Colour black 2016 bike pannier
RCP WP100 carrier bags Colour black 2016 bike pannier
Offered by BIKESTER

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 3 April 2015
I have just received delivery ot my pannier bags, an early birthday present from my lovely wife. They seem very sturdy and waterproof and have plenty of room in them for my everyday needs. They were very easy to fit to the bike - even by me, despite no fitting instructions being supplied. All you need is a small phillips screwdriver to move the sliding clips into a position suitable for your panniers - a 10 minute job. They are very easy to to remove and replace when the bicycle is left unattended - it takes just a few seconds. However, they did cause me a problem with the rear lamp. Being short in the leg department, I have my sadle set very low down. With the pannier bags in place, a light mounted on the sadle post would be totally obscured by the bags. Unlike most other pannier bags, these bags do not come with a fitting for clipping a rear light on to - a short comming that the manufacturer ought to address. I got around the problem by removing the fixed reflector that came with the panniers, and fitting a Cateye rear rack mount bracket to which I attached a Cateye Rapid 3 lamp.

SAFE 12 V Petnap Electric Cat Dog heat pad mat 33cm x 44cm
SAFE 12 V Petnap Electric Cat Dog heat pad mat 33cm x 44cm
Offered by Petnap Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Electric cat bed, 31 Jan. 2013
Excellent. My cat ,onece she got over her suspicion of anything new, has voted this , apart from food, the best thing dad has ever bought for her! She is welded to it. Also, its a big hit with me as it keeps ter off my bed!

Morphy Richards 75184 All Night Heated Double Underblanket
Morphy Richards 75184 All Night Heated Double Underblanket

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm nights, 31 Jan. 2013
Excellent! Lovely and comfortable, wonderful and warm. It makes going to bed on a cold night, even without a lover, a treat. Every bed should have one.

Roberts Sound70 Digital Sound System CD/DAB/FM with Dock for iPod/iPhone
Roberts Sound70 Digital Sound System CD/DAB/FM with Dock for iPod/iPhone

4.0 out of 5 stars Roberts Stero, 31 Jan. 2013
Not a bad little device. The instructions need rewriting to be understadable for those of us who find technolgy a challange. The volume is poor. You cannot play it in one room and listen to it in another. Sound quality (what there is of it). is very good.