Profile for Mrs. K. L. Nunn > Reviews

Content by Mrs. K. L. Nunn

Mrs. K. L. Nunn "Kitty" (Milton Keynes Bucks UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Matt for Dads (Daily Telegraph)
Matt for Dads (Daily Telegraph)
by Matt Pritchett
Price: 5.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Present, 16 Aug 2013
Father's Day present for my son ,he loved it and I am sure will dip in to it regularly over the year

Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth
Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth
Price: 5.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating read, 16 Aug 2013
I found this book very Iinteresting ,it raised questions that had always puzzled me. And I am now keen to make further,more.. academic study the Guardian reviewer really slated it and perhaps for a true scholar it is a bit light weight but for the lay person like myself it has whetted my appetite for more learned works on the subject. It also made me question my acceptance of things I have been taught from a child.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 4, 2013 3:16 PM BST

Flight Behaviour
Flight Behaviour
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Flight Behaviour (Kindle Edition)
I love the way she tackles serious subjects with lightness and humour. An very good read, which I would recommend to both her fans and those who are new to her work.

Death Comes to Pemberley
Death Comes to Pemberley
Price: 1.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Not her best, 31 May 2013
Quite an ordinary mystery story on the coat tails of Austin's Pride and Prejudice. I worked out the twists and turns. The writing is James's usual quality but I did not feel this was worthy of a writer of her caliber.

The Unknown Bridesmaid
The Unknown Bridesmaid
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Mar 2013
A long awaited novel from Margaret Forster. I could not put it down. She weaves the threads of story her together so skilfully and people's her novels with real believable individuals.i don,t want to spoil the story but recommend it as a very good read .

The Ship of Brides
The Ship of Brides
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Who knew?, 21 Feb 2013
I had never heard about the Australian war brides, I found this a really interesting account although found the jumping about from one story to another and the flash backs a rather irritating device, however it did keep me reading to find the outcome of the various little mysteries of each of the for central characters lives. On the whole good read.

Mrs Bridge
Mrs Bridge
Price: 3.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Quietly compelling, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: Mrs Bridge (Kindle Edition)
I found Mrs Bridge a compelling read and kept waiting for something to happen. She drifts though her life being 'nice" and doing nothing in her cosy middle class world of Country Club and social events never having the courage to express an opinion.
She is a product of her time and class, at times I would have liked to shake her out of her complacency. A good gentle read.

102 English Things to Do
102 English Things to Do
by Alex Quick

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Read, 20 Dec 2012
This is a great little book to dip into, however I found once I had started to read the very short chapters I just had to go onto the next and the next. It is amusing and self deprecating in a typically English way. Wonderful stocking filler, I intend to mail it to friends and relatives abroad.

The House on Willow Street
The House on Willow Street
by Cathy Kelly
Price: 2.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Too many words,too thin plot, 12 Oct 2012
This was my first Cathy Kelly novel and it will be my last. Very predictable, I guessed the out comes in all the stories. I found the characters one dimentional and unbelievable.It was all tied up too neatly at the end. The dialogue was stilted and didn't ring true. And please! "AVALON" ! give me a break! Ballyrubbish would have be more appropriate.

The Girl in the Painted Caravan: Memories of a Romany Childhood
The Girl in the Painted Caravan: Memories of a Romany Childhood
by Eva Petulengro
Price: 8.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Isaverity, 17 Feb 2012
I seem to be the only person who hated this book. I read the first couple of chapters and decided life was too short to spend time on this when there are so many excellent books to read. Surely we have had enough accounts of impoverished childhoods and examples that are much better written than this. I felt it was poorly written and boring, it was a choice for my group book and I am afraid I will have to turn up and confess that I just couldn't read it.

Page: 1 | 2