Profile for The Pilot > Reviews

Content by The Pilot

The Pilot

Page: 1 | 2
Marching Powder (Pan Real Lives)
Marching Powder (Pan Real Lives)

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 30 Sept. 2014
One of the best books on being imprisoned in a foreign land that I've ever read. I hope and trust that upon release Thomas stuck to his pledge.

Don't Need The Whole Dog!
Don't Need The Whole Dog!

5.0 out of 5 stars I have loved reading every single one of them, 3 July 2014
I have now read all Tony Slaters books and can honestly say, I have loved reading every single one of them.

PLEASE READ THEM they are very well written

Kamikaze Kangaroos! 20,000 Miles Around Australia. One Van,Two Girls... And An Idiot.

5.0 out of 5 stars This has been entertaining from the beginning to the very end, 27 Jun. 2014
If you are about to read a book about someone's travelling adventures, read this. Tony Slater has a great way of informing you about places and happenings without boring you.
The humour in his writing is fantastic and I can honestly say I've enjoyed every page.

That Bear Ate My Pants! Adventures of a real Idiot Abroad
That Bear Ate My Pants! Adventures of a real Idiot Abroad

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have a desire for a foreign adventure looking after animals, this is a must read, 1 Jun. 2014
I devoured this book with a relish of which has been rare when reading other books lately. I enjoyed every bit of this book and look forward to reading many more by this author.

More Ketchup than Salsa
More Ketchup than Salsa

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely devoured this book, 19 May 2014
Having read quite a few other mundane books on people living abroad I was hoping this one would be better. It did not let me down on any front, I absolutely loved it. A great read brilliantly penned.

Walking on Water: Exploring the Arteries of England
Walking on Water: Exploring the Arteries of England

3.0 out of 5 stars not as entertaining as I'd of liked, 18 May 2014
This book is quite informative but tends to become a little bereft of the entertainment factor once you have read a few chapters

Under a Mackerel Sky
Under a Mackerel Sky

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely loved it warts and all, 30 Jan. 2014
This book is most definitely worth the read. I absolutely loved the frankness and honesty it has been written with. A great insight into one of England's best loved chefs. (Well in my book he is anyway)

David Jason: My Life
David Jason: My Life

5.0 out of 5 stars it's a must read, 16 Jan. 2014
I loved every minute of this book, so much so, that when the end of the book came I was only disappointed by that very fact. Loved every word and experience

You Did What?  The Story of a Bicycle Touring Adventure Across Europe
You Did What? The Story of a Bicycle Touring Adventure Across Europe

1.0 out of 5 stars the spelling!, 17 Dec. 2013
The very beginning of this book is almost solely dedicated to trying to sell you their other book (volume one) for those that are blind. The book is boring and poorly written. Oh and by the way if that is not enough to put you off buying it. The spelling and grammar surely will!

The Long and Whining Road
The Long and Whining Road

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely loved it, 28 Nov. 2013
If only all travel/adventure books were written like this. I became disappointed when I finished the book as I wanted it to go on forever.

Page: 1 | 2