Profile for J. Douglas > Reviews

Content by J. Douglas

J. Douglas

The Mystic Cookfire: The Sacred Art of Creating Food to Nurture Friends and Family
by Veronika Sophia Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Real family food, 22 Jan. 2012
I love this book! It has a real homemade feel about it, which is lovely, but I did wonder how the recipes would hold up as it is not written by a 'professional' chef. However I can honestly say that every single thing I have made from this book ( and I have made lots) has turned out perfectly and has been absolutely delicious! We are vegetarian but not a vegan family and so sometimes I use dairy instead of the suggested alternative, but each time it works well and I have found all the recipes I have made to be flexible if I'm missing a certain ingredient.

All the food is family friendly and my young children have enjoyed every offering! Our favourite has to be the Aubergine and Chickpea curry. We have also tried things that we wouldn't usually eat and dishes that I have never cooked before.

The book is also lovely just to sit and read or have a flick through - like chatting to a friend, and although I don't share all of Veronika's beliefs it's an interesting and enjoyable read.

A must for any vegetarian family, but also extremely valuable to any family (vegi or not) that enjoys good food!

The Drinks Are on Me Everything Your Mother Never Told You about Breastfeeding
The Drinks Are on Me Everything Your Mother Never Told You about Breastfeeding
by Veronika Sophia Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ for any mother, 21 Sept. 2009
WOW! How I wish I had found this book before I had my first baby! An informative, fascinating, beautifully written book that may challenge all you thought you knew about breastfeeding. A must read for all parents to be, new and experienced parents, Grandparents, Aunties, Uncles and just about anyone who cares about their children and the future of our planet.

Even if you think have made up your mind about breastfeeding I urge you to read this book