Profile for Kirsten T > Reviews

Kirsten T

Code Name Verity
Code Name Verity

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 24 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Code Name Verity (Kindle Edition)
I bought this during the summer sale for a pound or two, and I loved it! Haven't read anything as good for ages - really interesting characters and exciting storyline set in the north of England and France during WW2, loads going on.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, 24 Dec. 2012
I bought this for a friend who is a massive Potter fan (like me), she absolutely loves it. Snitch charm is lovely and the bracelet is a good size

Songs From Another Love [Explicit]
Songs From Another Love [Explicit]

4.0 out of 5 stars Looking forward to an album!, 24 Dec. 2012
Bought this EP after a friend came back from a gig where Tom Odell was supporting. Have since got tickets to see him live next year, hopefully a full album will be available soon

Chili Con Corpses: A Supper Club Mystery (The Supper Club Mysteries)
Chili Con Corpses: A Supper Club Mystery (The Supper Club Mysteries)

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull!, 16 Mar. 2012
I downloaded this as a freebie a while ago and just got round to reading it a few weeks back, and honestly it was so dull that I only got through a few chapters and can't even remember what happens! The writing is poor, the story slow and the characters downright irritating. Only consolation was that I didn't pay anything for it, certainly not worth the six or seven pounds it's going for now...

Hey Monkey - Beanie
Hey Monkey - Beanie

5.0 out of 5 stars Monkey beanie, 16 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Hey Monkey - Beanie (Toy)
I bought monkey as a little present for my mum last year. When he came through the post I was a bit put out at how small he was, but that's my poor measuring skills for you. It turns out that his small size has been a bonus, as my mum loves him to bits and has made a habit of taking him on holiday with her and taking photos of him at various landmarks (and embarassing her children in the process).

Olympus VN-8500PC - Digital voice recorder - flash 1 GB - WMA - display: 1.61" - black, white

4.0 out of 5 stars decent quality for price, 16 Mar. 2012
I bought this voice recorder as I'm studying abroad this year and was worried about how I'd cope and keep up in lectures in a foreign language. I found the recorder easy to use, it comes with a USB cable and it's very simple to transfer recordings to your computer. It's also got a really large memory, which I was happy with (I would record 3 or 4 two-hour long lectures before transferring them) but only 5 'slots', as in you can only have 5 separate recordings stored on it at one time. The sound when played back is very clear, however with this comes the only down side, which is that all the background noise (chairs scraping, people coughing, pages turning etc) are all picked up and heard clearly too! Having said that, for the price I paid I am pretty happy with this, even thought I'm not using it as much any more.