Profile for G. Thompson > Reviews

Content by G. Thompson

G. Thompson (North West, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Braun Oral-B Professional Care Deep Clean & Sensitive 8500 Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars Shiny clean teeth, 29 Sept. 2009
This is my first electric toothbrush, I bought it at half price which was a great saving although it would still have been worth every penny at full price.
It really provides a great clean, leaving teeth feeling, well, very clean!
It has two speeds and came with two brush heads 'normal' and 'soft' so depending on personal preferences, you can tailor the power of the clean to suit yourself.
It does take quite a while to charge but at the same time, it lasts for a relatively long time before needing to be charged again.
When it requires charging, it beeps, which scared the life out of me the first time it happened, but now I know all about its little ways I think this is a handy feature!
Another handy feature is the fact it alerts you to the fact it has been going at 30 second intervals (so you can brush the quarters of your mouth evenly) and again at two minutes to remind you 'time's up'! No more getting away with slapdash 50 second brushes!
No complaints

Angels in My Hair
Angels in My Hair
by Lorna Byrne

4.0 out of 5 stars Gave me hope!, 29 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Angels in My Hair (Paperback)
I read this book in one sitting, I could not put it down. I am somewhat skeptical about these things but it is written with such conviction that even if I cannot BELIEVE it is true, I sincerely HOPE it is. It is well written in my opinion, I found Lorna to be very engaging and of course the subject matter was very interesting to me. I was really captivated by this and will be re-reading it without a doubt. Can't wait for the next book!

ghd IV Styler
ghd IV Styler

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat 'em!, 29 Sept. 2009
This review is from: ghd IV Styler (Personal Care)
I am now on my third pair of GHDs and have had NO problems with them whatsoever (none of them broke, I upgraded).
They heat up super fast and straighten my very thick wavy hair superbly. I have tried cheaper brands and none have worked quite so well. I have straightened my hair everyday for 6 years using these beauties and my hair is in great condition, so the ceramic plates must be doing their job protecting my hair! Whats more, you can use them to curl hair too! OK I can't pretend I have mastered this technique totally, but I will keep trying! They are one of my best ever purchases without a doubt

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars All shine no stickiness, 29 Sept. 2009
This is the first serum I have found which, unlike many others, doesn't leave my hair a sticky mess.
It's very thick, a little goes a long way, but for dry or thick hair it is perfect. It really does well to protect hair from hot styling appliances and creates a healthy shine. I get a lot of compliments when I have used it. It is said to protect coloured hair, I cannot say I have noticed it prolonging my colour in particular but that really is just an added bonus if it does so anyway as the main reason for using these products is for shine and protection.
On top of all this, it is very good value as it tuly does last for aaaaages and it smells delicious too, leaving your hair smelling lovely all day

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W35 Digital Camera - Silver (7.2MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.0" LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars Zoom in, 29 Sept. 2009
This camera was purchased mainly based on its price. I have had it for two years now and it is still working well. The pictures it takes are of very good quality although I find the zoom isn't excellent, although it beats a lot of cameras in the same price bracket.
The video function is average but at the end of the day it is a camera and not a video camera.
I would like it if there ws a function for black/white images etc, a small feature but a nice one nonetheless.
The battery life is pretty good and I like the chargeable battery as opposed to having to replace the batteries - much more economical.
It's very compact but still has a reasonable sized screen.
Highly recommended.

Quattro for Women Bikini Razor
Quattro for Women Bikini Razor
Offered by MAN&DIV

3.0 out of 5 stars Average but does the trick, 29 Sept. 2009
The bikini trimmer side of this tool takes a bit of practise to get used to. I was hesitant at first as no-one wants any accidents 'down there'!! But after a few practise goes on my arm (practise makes perfect as they say) I was ready to go! Now, for me it did work pretty well but you do need patience as you need to run over the same area a few times for optimum trimming.
The razor side was actually a disappointment for me as although it provided a smooth shave, the head kept popping off whenever I exerted any significant pressure - very annoying. Perhaps it was faulty, who knows?
The wall mounted holder has been very good and after a few months it is still stuck fast. lets hope it comes off when I move house...!

Rescue Remedy Dropper 10ml
Rescue Remedy Dropper 10ml

3.0 out of 5 stars No magic potion, 29 Sept. 2009
I have tried the remedy a couple of times now, (neat). I was suprised how it tasted actually as I expected it to be very unpleasant, and trust me, I am fussy. But it is not so bad and really just tastes very alcohol-y, like christmas cake, kind of!
As for it's calming effect...I am not certain how well it worked. I think it may have triggered a psychosomatic response - a bit of a placebo effect. Either way though, although not a significant change, I am willing to give it another try in future

Learning to Use Statistical Tests in Psychology (Open Guides to Psychology)
Learning to Use Statistical Tests in Psychology (Open Guides to Psychology)
by Judith Greene

5.0 out of 5 stars Got me through my degree!, 29 Sept. 2009
I found this book super useful when studying at Uni. It really helped me make sense of statistics and is very easy to follow. It was possibly the most worthwhile book I bought throughout my entire degree..

Wifey, Smart Women
Wifey, Smart Women
by Judy Blume

4.0 out of 5 stars 50/50, 29 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Wifey, Smart Women (Paperback)
I love Judy Blume and have been an avid fan since my teens. I only recently stumbled across this twosome and enjoyed reliving the lovely way Blume writes.

I personally preferred Wifey, the first of the two stories, it is rather risque and hard to put down. As a twenty-something I didnt identify with the main character but those in their late 30's onwards may well see something of themselves in her!
The second story, Smart Women, was a little harder to read but still relatively enjoyable. I would recommend this book to any Blume fan

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars The scent makes up for the colour..., 29 Sept. 2009
This is one of the better gradual tanners I have tried in respect of the fact that
A) It has a really thick, smooth texture so is easy to apply (it reminds me a little of PVA glue, though not so sticky, obviously)
B) It smells pretty darn good for a fake tan - there are still undertones of the horrid tan odour but very minimal, my other half didn't even notice I had applied this and he's normally the first to moan about the smell, so top marks there!
C) It creates an nice even tan, it's not entirely foolproof you WILL still get streaks if you apply it in a slapdash manner but overall its much less likely to make you look stripey than other brands I have tried.

The downsides are that even with the medium/dark tan the colour produced is quite 'natural' i.e not very obvious. Which is good or bad depending on what you want. But lets face it, gradual tanners aren't known for their ability to turn people a deep shade of Jordan! Also, it takes longer than other brands for the tan to build. And the price is somewhat hefty. But I would recommend this (just stock up when well-known chemists do half price deals!!!)

Page: 1 | 2