Profile for Sheelagh > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Music for Hang
Music for Hang

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for yoga or meditation or just dreaming, 9 Oct 2014
This review is from: Music for Hang (Audio CD)
Lovely, relaxing chill-out music. Great for yoga or meditation or just dreaming...
The Hang has a lovely unique sound.

The Night Rainbow
The Night Rainbow

5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely love this tale and I don't want to give anything ..., 9 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Night Rainbow (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely love this tale and I don't want to give anything away so I'll just say that it is well written and grabs the reader's attention immediately. The characters are well drawn especially Pea who is enchanting. Set in the South of France it is a child's view of her world and the adults in it.
I have bought it for several friends as I wanted to share my delight with others

The Wake: Man Booker Prize 2014 Longlist Edition
The Wake: Man Booker Prize 2014 Longlist Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars I really felt like I could see the world from the characters POV, 9 Oct 2014
Very unusual because of the invented Saxon/ Old English language. I really felt like I could see the world from the characters POV.

Direct-2-Your-Door - Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini i8190 Premium PU Leather Pull Tab Flip Case Cover Pouch - Orange
Offered by Direct-2-Your-Door

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy S3 mini i8190 PU leather pull case, 9 Oct 2014
Cheap and cheerful, it fits my Samsung Galaxy Mini perfectly and offers good protection in my bag.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium series Book 1)
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't normally read thrillers and I admit it took ..., 9 Oct 2014
I don't normally read thrillers and I admit it took me a while to get into it. I thought the begining was a bit heavy on all the legal and business side of things but when it started to get exciting I couldn't put it down.
Lisbeth Salander is a unique and well drawn character and when I'd finished the book I started reading The Girl Who Played With Fire
immediately.

Tulip Fever
Tulip Fever

5.0 out of 5 stars Tulip fever, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Tulip Fever (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book so much. It was well written and well plotted; the story gripping. I really felt as if I dwelt in the world the author created, it felt so immediate and alive. The description and atmosphere was excellent.

Something about its setting and the characters reminded me of Girl With a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevallier due to being set in Amsterdam in the same period and concerning an artist and a love affair, but it was also far from being a hommage to that book. It was exciting and a real page turner.

I thought it was so much better than Exotic marigold Hotel (I haven't read any other Moggach novels but will now.

Triumph Amourette 300 W Full Cup Women's Bra Black 36D
Triumph Amourette 300 W Full Cup Women's Bra Black 36D
Offered by Full Shot Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Triumph Amourette 300W bra, 22 Nov 2013
This is my favourite bra. After trying many, many others I have come back to this one. It is really comfortable, very well made and lasts for ages. I have had several before and they are still good after 2 or 3 years. The fit is perfect for me so therefore comfortable. The colour range is good and it is an attractive design. I have always bought from a shop before but found Amazon is cheaper...at least in some colours.

Spiegel im spiegel
Spiegel im spiegel

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiegel im spiegel, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: Spiegel im spiegel (MP3 Download)
This music is breathtakingly beautiful. Slow, sad and so simple sounding but so deep.
I am not a musician so cannot understand how something that seems to be played on just a piano and violin with so few notes can sound so expressive and emotional.

Harvest
Harvest
by Jim Crace

5.0 out of 5 stars Harvest, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: Harvest (Hardcover)
I really loved this book. I started reading a few pages and got the impression it was set in America so I put it aside. When I decided to have another go, and I'm pleased that I did, I found it is set in England although we don't know where. The time is also a mystery, possibly 18-19th century. But the point is that it doesn't matter, the voice of the main character who narates this story is authentic and draws you deep into his world as his tale slowly unfurls.

The narrator's world is a hard and cruel, nature governs his life, and that life is lived in a small and closed society. The relationships are fascinating. The scenes are vividly described. I am not going to give away the plot because half the pleasure in this book is that you're never sure where it is going.

All Right Now
All Right Now

5.0 out of 5 stars All Right Now by Free, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: All Right Now (MP3 Download)
This is nostalgia at its best, I am transported back to 1970....long hair, flares, guitars...the beginning of my youth...it is still a great rock anthem and all the better for being British!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3