Profile for Brianmac > Reviews

Brianmac

The Best Of Del Amitri - Hatful Of Rain
The Best Of Del Amitri - Hatful Of Rain

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 16 Oct 2013
I reckon half of these are just timeless classics, and the song for Scotland's 1990s world cup campaign has to be the best such song ever!

Philharmonics
Philharmonics

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb album, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: Philharmonics (MP3 Download)
Well done Agnes Obel - a great combo of chill-out plus classical plus pop music. Must be played loud for full enjoyment!

Earth Friendly Products Pet Stain and Odour Remover Lemon 500 ml (Pack of 3)
Earth Friendly Products Pet Stain and Odour Remover Lemon 500 ml (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars I am not an employee/owner of the company and it is great!!!, 13 Aug 2013
I was looking, without much hope, for something to try and clean the calpol stain from my carpet (late night accident with a screaming baby and tired dad). I had tried various things, without any real benefit, then googled "calpol stain removal" and found this product mentioned on a forum - and it works!! Love it.

Dresden: A Survivor's Story (Kindle Single)
Dresden: A Survivor's Story (Kindle Single)

4.0 out of 5 stars Must read this, 2 Mar 2013
This is a short story, written in the writers voice. It basically says how he saw the horror of Dresden. If you are a British (little englander) who continuously spouts on about the Germans, read this, and think about the people roasted alive as your children, brothers, sisters and parents.

To the author, thanks very much for the honesty and for not trying to be a pretentious novelist.

Creative D200 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker with High Quality AptX Audio and Aux-in

1.0 out of 5 stars Make it clear that it won't work with Windows 8, 28 Feb 2013
We're not all clued up on what will work with different versions of Windows. I really had to trawl around after buying this, to find out why it wouldn't work with my new Windows 8 laptop!! It worked with my phone and was great, but because of the incompatibility with Windows 8 had to return it. Real shame because it seems like a very good product.

GMYLE(TM) Black PPM001 Portable Support RDS DAB/DAB+ Radio and MP3 Player with TF Card Slot and Built-in Battery Charger
Offered by Clever Gadgets

3.0 out of 5 stars It works - functional, but not the best of designs and user friendliness, 28 Feb 2013
I hate the fact that it switches on when charging, indicating that there has been a lack of attention to detail by the designer. The ear plugs that came with it broke after a day. It's ok for the money, but that's about it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Review, 14 Jun 2011
To be honest I wondered if I was buying something a little gimmicky, an adult toy that I would get bored with. However, hats off to Amazon - this is the best thing I've spent money on for a long time. The dictionary function is wonderful, the ability to use 3G means functionality is enhanced, and it has internet connection to browse the web - wonderful! With the wireless function switched off the claims for one month of battery life are true. I am a big reader and am running out of space at home - one of the reasons for buying the Kindle as well. My only concern is if I lose it - which means that if I don't sort out my account immediately, someone can keep the kindle and download to their heart's content, using my VISA card - just for the hell of it i.e. it's not quite as secure as it could be?