Profile for Anable Lee > Reviews

Anable Lee

The Songs Of Distant Earth
The Songs Of Distant Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could give it 6 stars..., 31 Jan. 2005
Among all my music CD, mile oldfield's are on the top of the list (together with another band Apocalyptica, they are the heaven & hell extreme to me) . and the album songs of distant earth is on the top of all his masterpieces.
I love science-fiction novels, though I never know the book <songs of the distant earth>. But through this mike oldfield's album, I think I already read it!! Just from the first chapter In the Beginning, Mike already puts you into a space suite in a shuttle and watching the blue planet from afar, and every following part paints every scenes in your brain. Just close your eyes, you can see the entire journey. The music tells you all, shows you all. NEVER an album has ever managed such amazing phenomenen, mike did. That's what I call True music. It shows you the world, and you just recognize it.
I used to hear a saying that 'if you don't hear pink floyd, you'll never understand what rock is', well, here I'd want to say:
If you don't hear Songs of distant earth, you'll never understand what (pure) music is.
Only if you could tell and appreciate.
Anable