Profile for Dr.Q > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Woodworm Golf Deluxe Travel Cover : Blue
Woodworm Golf Deluxe Travel Cover : Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Woodworm Travel Cover, 15 May 2014
I bought this as the baggage handlers at Abu Dhabi are brutal and destroyed my last suitcase and golf cover. This is good value - it does have some extra protection for the golf heads - but I put additional protection in myself in the form of bubble wrap. It has enough straps inside to secure your golf bag and for the price is very difficult to criticise.

Microgadget 14in1 Professional Quality Screwdriver Set for Mobiles (Apple IPhone/IPad/IPod/Blackberry/HTC/Samsung/LG/Nokia etc)

4.0 out of 5 stars Screwdriver Set, 15 May 2014
This set contains nearly every screwdriver for unscrewing mobile phones and tablets. It is very good for the price if you are a home enthusiast, I think if you did it for a living you would buy a far more expensive set than this.

These are good value for money all the same.

Genuine Apple iPhone 4S 16GB 32GB & 64GB Replacement USB Charging Block / Data Sync Port Flex with built in Microphone and Connector for Home Button Flex - 30 PIN Dock Connector - BLACK
Offered by Xtradedeals
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple iPhone 4S Charging Block, 15 May 2014
This is for the charging block only - you need to buy torx screwdrivers from elsewhere. It took me about 15 minutes to dismantle my iPhone and remove the relevant bits including the microphone connector at the base of the phone.

This part is very easy to fit. The large ribbon connector is self-explanatory, the only fiddly part is a small ribbon connector which also needs to be fitted - that is the bit that took the longest.

I put my iPhone back together and it was charging fine immediately - this is a much cheaper way to fix this as the Apple shop wanted nearly 90. I'm glad I took this option, as my 4S is over 2 years old.

Mobile-Heaven Apple iPhone 4 4S Premium White PU Leather Flip Wallet Case Cover Pouch Includes USB Data Cable, Screen Protector And Stylus Pen
Offered by Mobile-Heaven
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars iPhone 4S case, 19 Dec 2013
Does the job very well, very good for the cost. I've had no problems with this and a bit of Cif on it every now and again make its nice and white again. They even throw in a screen protector and a little stylus - so you can't really complain for a few quid.

20 x Eunicell CR1220 Lithium Button Cell Battery Batteries 3V
20 x Eunicell CR1220 Lithium Button Cell Battery Batteries 3V

5.0 out of 5 stars 20 X CR1220 Lithium Button Cell Battery Batteries 3V, 16 July 2013
A great price for a nice batch of batteries. I use these all the time in laser pointers and these do the job a treat. Excellent price for a good number of batteries, these last me on average about 8 weeks (for using 3) in my laser pointer - and I do attend a lot of meetings and presentations. So this is about a year's worth supply for me.

Escher Posterbook
Escher Posterbook
by Taschen Publishing

5.0 out of 5 stars Escher Print Posterbook, 16 July 2013
This review is from: Escher Posterbook (Paperback)
I really like MC Escher's work, these prints are great and look really good when they are put in between two pieces of glass and hung up. I would recommend this to anybody who likes mathematical art. Especially good for introducing perspective and vanishing points for both art and technical drawing.

Rentokil FF17 Fly Repellent Large Cassette P (6)
Rentokil FF17 Fly Repellent Large Cassette P (6)
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK
Price: 9.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Rentokil Fly Control, 16 July 2013
I've used these before and the seem to work on the most part. The reason I like them is that they don't use any electricity, are static rather than spraying fly spray and they seem to be preventative rather than curing the problem.

Monoprice Headphone Splitter with Separate Volume Control - White
Monoprice Headphone Splitter with Separate Volume Control - White
Price: 2.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Headphone Splitter, 3 Jun 2013
Really useful bit of kit. Needed this to split my iPhone doc signal into 2 mixers to supply 2 amplifiers. But also useful to split any device with a 3.5mm jack output. For the price it cannot be faulted in any way.

TP-Link TL-WN721N 150Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter
TP-Link TL-WN721N 150Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars TP-Link 150 MBps Adapter, 22 April 2013
Very easy to use, worked straight out of the box with both Windows 7 x86 (32-bit) and x64 (64-bit). Great for setting up new builds where you firstly need an internet connection to download the relevant drivers for the machine i.e. sound, ethernet, video etc.

This thing has saved me hours of hard work and because it is USB is extremely versatile and can be used on any machine. I have only had to use the driver disk once on an old XP desktop that was re-installed. It isn't the fastest 300MBps version, but this is fine for downloading the files to get a machine working again.

Highly recommended.

ERIDU: High Capacity Backup Battery Protective Case & Extended Charger For IPhone 4 4s, IPod Touch, IPad Comes with gift card

4.0 out of 5 stars iPhone 4S extended battery case., 28 Feb 2013
Provides an extra 5 to 6 hours of usage when fully charged. Really useful for those of you, if like me, hammer the internet functions and email on my iPhone and literally run out of battery after about 6 hours of use. This nifty charger can be just turned on and starts to recharge the internal battery giving the required extra hours of usage until I can get back and charge it.

I've found it most useful on long train and plane journeys, when a charging point is not accessible.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4