Profile for Patricia A. Thompson > Reviews

Content by Patricia A. Th...

Patricia A. Thompson "pat67244" (UK)

OULINBEIN Women And Girl Blue Genuine Cow Leather Wallet Purse
OULINBEIN Women And Girl Blue Genuine Cow Leather Wallet Purse
Offered by OULINBEIN

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Purse, 18 Feb. 2015
Just what I was looking for, a purse that will hold all my clutter. Took a while to arrive but can't fault the product once it was received.

The Woman Before Me
The Woman Before Me

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 31 May 2013
I couldn't put this book down and thoroughly enjoyed reading it. It totally gripped me. I found all the characters believable and wanted to know about them all, which was what the book achieved and I felt I knew them all and felt a mixture of annoyance and sadness for each of the main characters.

For once the ending quite surprised me, I can usually work out how it will all pan out but I didn't this time.

Apple iPod touch 32GB 5th Generation - Yellow  (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Apple iPod touch 32GB 5th Generation - Yellow (Latest Model - Launched Sept 2012)
Offered by MTKInc

5.0 out of 5 stars Untouchable, 15 Jan. 2013
I'm so pleased with this purchase. I like the colour which makes it easier to find when I forget where I've left it. Easy to use and it means that I've got a book with me at all times.

If Snow Hadn't Fallen: A Lacey Flint Short Story
If Snow Hadn't Fallen: A Lacey Flint Short Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Let it Snow, 15 Jan. 2013
This was ideal for an evening over Christmas when there wasn't much on tv. Short enough to read at one sitting and kept my attention throughout.

Stay Close
Stay Close
by Harlan Coben

5.0 out of 5 stars A Tangled Web, 2 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Stay Close (Hardcover)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and unlike most of Harlan Coben's books, I hadn't guessed whodunnit until the closing pages.

We are introduced to Megan, who is a happily married housewife with perfect husband and family. I found her a believable character and wanted to read this as quickly as possible to find out how it all panned out.

Megan has a secret past, which comes back to bite her. She worked as a dancer in a men's club, forged some strong bonds there and when the going gets tough, she finds herself back there in a race against time to solve the secrets of the past.

A series of unsolved murders spanning many years are suddenly connected and it all points to the men's club in Atlanta, where Megan worked many years earlier, as being the catlyst and as a gritty detective investigates the case, Megan is pulled back to her lost world and a race against time for the killer to be apprehended before Megan's family life falls apart as she's sucked into events during the investigation.

Detective Broom is the lead investigator and I found myself hoping against hope that he would solve the case before anything happened to divide Megan from her family.

This book is the usual Coben page turner with lots of action and twists and turns to keep the reader guessing leaving them keen to reach the last one as soon as possible to find out how it all works out.

I found the characters believable, some I disliked intensely and I warmed to Megan as the book progressed as we found out more about her past.

She showed a caring side as she dealt with her mother in law's health problems and anyone with a family member with either dementia or Alzheimers could relate to the problems she faced with that.

There's some violence and unpleasantness along the way and I think this book appeals to both sexes, probably male readers will be more taken by the action and the ladies by what happens to Megan.

Truth 9ct Gold Truth Bracelet 19cm
Truth 9ct Gold Truth Bracelet 19cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Truth be Told, 2 Jan. 2010
This was received very quickly, so excellent service there. The bracelet is lovely and very similar to the Pandora one costing more than triple, but despite my best efforts, I can't see a hallmark on it anywhere, so I'm a bit apprehensive that it might be gold plated.

I couldn't fault the service, I do like the bracelet but I find myself continually checking to see if the gold rubs off.

Siemens TW91100 Porsche Cordless Kettle
Siemens TW91100 Porsche Cordless Kettle

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't afford the car, try the kettle., 24 Mar. 2005
Not only has it the good looks to make it a joy to behold, but it has proved to be robust and efficient.
The matt chrome exterior means that it never streaks and always looks clean.
It boils quickly with noise kept at a minimum. A refreshing change from my previous kettle, for which you needed earplugs.
Being designed by Porsche you would expect it to be robust and it lives up to expectations. No dent on this kettle when you bang it against the tap when you're half asleep in the morning.
Highly recommended.

The Shape of Snakes
The Shape of Snakes
by Minette Walters

5.0 out of 5 stars Her best to date., 18 Aug. 2001
This review is from: The Shape of Snakes (Paperback)
It is some time since I read this book but I can still recall it vividly. I couldnt put it down until I'd finished it. Found it heart rending and I can still picture Annie. Gripping and soul searching. Affected me deeply and I cant praise it enough