Profile for Phillip Terence Morgan > Reviews

Content by Phillip Terenc...

Phillip Terence Morgan

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
A Dream of Mortals (Book #15 in the Sorcerer's Ring)
A Dream of Mortals (Book #15 in the Sorcerer's Ring)
Price: 3.61

3.0 out of 5 stars How much longer will this interminable saga last?, 13 Aug 2014
This epic saga is fast approaching the realms of the ridiculous. I fear I have reached the end I shall not bother to download further volumes I no longer have the will to carry on to the end,I shall probably meet my own end before the Author decides to put us and her so called heroic characters out of our collective misery.

Into the Black: Odyssey One [Remastered Edition]
Into the Black: Odyssey One [Remastered Edition]
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, well told., 22 July 2014
When I received my Kindle from my wife 18 months ago I was sceptical . It has however proven to be something of a boon. I have never been a fan of paperbacks ,but downloading onto Kindle the book binding matters not. I have returned to a genre I have not read for quite some time. Whilst I doubt any books in this genre will win Pullitzer or Booker prizes they may well win Hugo or Nebula awards. I am about to start reading volume two. Incidentally has anyone thought of making Hugo and Nebula winners available on Kindle?

An Oath of Brothers (Book #14 in the Sorcerer's Ring)
An Oath of Brothers (Book #14 in the Sorcerer's Ring)
Price: 2.49

1.0 out of 5 stars For goodness sake end this increasingly boring long winded tale, 19 July 2014
Oh please Morgan Rice end this increasingly boring tale who cares any longer what happens to the so called heroes .I no longer give a cuss ,in fact I have come to hope Volusia destroys them all .Now in my seventies I will probably meet my own end before this second rate author finalises this interminable saga.

Storming Heaven
Storming Heaven
Price: 1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A cracking yarn., 7 July 2014
This review is from: Storming Heaven (Kindle Edition)
So the fat lady and the horse sang at the end. In my early teens I discovered the joy of reading sci_fiction, I have read all the great U.S. authors and have with a few exceptions always thought them to be unequalled. Now sixty years on comes along an author who is every bit their equal. The author left a semi open ending mayhap he is considering a further volume?

The Slightest Hope of Victory (Outside Context Problem Book 3)
The Slightest Hope of Victory (Outside Context Problem Book 3)
Price: 2.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Well the horse began learning to sing after all., 4 July 2014
Now that this slightly flawed but otherwise quite excellent trilogy has ended would the Author consider a final volume set some twenty to thirty years after the events depicted. I am sure many readers would like to learn how humanity progressed with rebuilding and coexisting alongside aliens, as well as expanding into space.

Under Foot (Outside Context Problem Book 2)
Under Foot (Outside Context Problem Book 2)
Price: 1.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Still very long and wordy., 2 July 2014
I do wish that horse would hurry up and learn to sing. Flying over the Atlantic from the east coast of the U.S.A you head EAST not west. However one can overlook silly mistakes in an otherwise well told tale if somewhat wordy. Now if only old Dobbin would get his hoof out and start singing.

Outside Context Problem
Outside Context Problem
Price: 1.92

3.0 out of 5 stars A decently told tale but overlong., 29 Jun 2014
I have read several tales by this author and whilst they are generally well written he can be rather laborious at times. I am a fairly quick reader but I found myself skipping irrelevant sections just to end chapters. I have downloaded the next two volumes I hope they are not as long winded as the first.

Fourth Crisis: The Battle for Taiwan
Fourth Crisis: The Battle for Taiwan
Price: 1.80

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not bother downloading., 20 Jun 2014
I have read far,far better written books in this genre. Grammatical errors abound. Written in a style a nine year old would be ashamed of ,very little depth to substance and totally one dimensional characters.

The Trafalgar Gambit (Ark Royal Book 3)
The Trafalgar Gambit (Ark Royal Book 3)
Price: 3.07

4.0 out of 5 stars An extremely readable trilogy, 18 Jun 2014
I have read a fair number of books by this author apart from one title I have found him to be pleasantly readable. The Ark Royal trilogy was certainly in that category, whilst some of the characters were a little preposterous and some situations lacked credibility on the whole the story was satisfying. If I were to criticise it would be in regard to limp endings.

Barbarians at the Gates
Barbarians at the Gates
Price: 3.05

5.0 out of 5 stars A cracking read again., 14 Jun 2014
Once more an excellent read from C.G.N. In all my years upon this earth I have encountered a few dozen politicians in all honesty I would say all were self_serving and not a single one trustworthy.A pity the Author did not have the benefit of being taught history by Thomas Lee B.A. Sixty years on I still have an undying love of history.Looking forward to book 2.About to start book 3 of Ark Royal series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3