Profile for Esuabom Dijemeni > Reviews

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Tutorial Book
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Tutorial Book
by John Ronald

5.0 out of 5 stars Launched me into mechanical CAD, 6 Dec. 2014
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Tutorial Book by John Ronald really launched me into mechanical CAD as I am used to electronic CAD.

What I like about the book
1. Logical examples
2. Easy to follow and comprehend
3. It is the right size of book not 800 pages!
4. Little mistakes, so I get to learn more by doing (a challenge becomes a like)
5. It is cheap compared to other books on this same subject matter

I am really happy I got Autodesk Inventor 2014 Tutorial Book

Leaving the Church to Find God
Leaving the Church to Find God
by John Fenn

5.0 out of 5 stars I am church?, 3 Sept. 2014
Leaving the Church to Find God by John Fenn is a life-changing, challenging, and well-written book. I really enjoyed reading about a different model of church compared to the pyramid model. One idea I am challenged from the book is ‘To be Church’. That’s life-changing.

John Fenn argues that house church is more likely the way forward. I feel he didn’t discuss the limitations of house churches. In addition, he touched on the practicality of setting a house church but not detailed enough to get going.

Leaving the Church to Find God by John Fenn has transformed my perspective of the church, how I am Church, and the very meaning of ‘Church’. It has challenged to re-read the New Testament as ask a one question ‘How did Christ and the early disciplines of Christ do Church?’

Principles of Control Engineering
Principles of Control Engineering
by Fred White

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good overview of control fundamentals, 23 Jan. 2014
This book is a very good introduction and overview to control engineering. He covers the main concept in a clear way without so much mathematics. For this reason, it is a good first read into control engineering. Also, it can be very useful for revision. However, it lacks depth of control mathematics. The author purposely left the hard core mathematics so it will be an easy read. I love the book because it is a simple, nice and easy to read book on control engineering.

Focus: Use the Power of Targeted Thinking to Get More Done
Focus: Use the Power of Targeted Thinking to Get More Done
by Jurgen Wolff

5.0 out of 5 stars Need to improve your focus this is for you!, 13 Oct. 2013
I love this book for three reasons: it is practical, simple to understand and most importantly it changed my life. I wanted to sharpen my focus but I didnt want to go for a £1000 conference. I bought this book and it is working wonders in improving my focus. I would suggest to Jurgen to make the newer edition more graphical. It really help with focus.

Android Application Development Cookbook: 93 Recipes for Building Winning Apps
Android Application Development Cookbook: 93 Recipes for Building Winning Apps
by Wei-Meng Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Code work as it is written!!!, 13 Oct. 2013
I love this book. I have tried most of the codes in the book and they WORK! There is a good balance between explanation and code. The author goes straight to the point. The topics covered are very broad however I felt programing background activities was not really dealth with properly. There is no perfect book but this is an amazing book!

Beginning J2ME: From Novice to Professional
Beginning J2ME: From Novice to Professional
by Sing Li

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good J2ME book: it truly took me from a novice to a professional, 1 Jun. 2013
I really like the book because the sample codes work. It was pretty important as other books failed to. I really like the simplicity of the book. The authour explained very complex concept very well. In some case they gave two example to make one understand better. Very good book!

Sams Teach Yourself Wireless Java with J2ME in 21 Days
Sams Teach Yourself Wireless Java with J2ME in 21 Days
by Michael Morrison

1.0 out of 5 stars Too old to be useful, 28 May 2013
To old to be of any good. Get another book! I found the example dont really work and that's annoying.

Digital Image Processing Using MATLAB, 2nd ed
Digital Image Processing Using MATLAB, 2nd ed
by GONZALEZ RALPH ET. AL.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Good, 15 April 2013
I like use of examples and code to explain theory but I felt some important image processing techniques like SIFT were not included. Overall, it is a great book

Building Android Apps In Easy Steps
Building Android Apps In Easy Steps
by Mike McGrath

2.0 out of 5 stars Just to basic!, 15 April 2013
You will learn more from using the MIT APP website than this book. I am a fan of this book series but this is absolutely unbelievable poor.

Screw It, Let's Do It: Lessons In Life (Quick Reads)
Screw It, Let's Do It: Lessons In Life (Quick Reads)
by Sir Richard Branson

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Read, 30 July 2012
I bought the book after I watched one of Sir Richard Branson interview when he said 'Screw it...'. I have learnt a lot of life lessons and I am applying them to my life. It was a good quick read as I liked it... I dont really read big massive books

Page: 1 | 2