Profile for Sue_McG > Reviews

Content by Sue_McG

Sue_McG "Sue" (Argentina)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
A Vampire's Saving Embrace: 1 (Supernatural Desire)
A Vampire's Saving Embrace: 1 (Supernatural Desire)
by Darlene Kuncytes

5.0 out of 5 stars A Romance to fall into heart-first, 5 Jun. 2013
If you want to fall in love, head over heels, with a fictional character, read this book, you'll love all of them. And the story? It's astonishingly clever, funny and suspenseful, smart and romantic. I didn't have one boring moment while reading this book, and I read it on my way home from work, when I'm usually tired and annoyed. There's a narrative to this story that makes you fall into it head-first, followed by heart and mind. You get to be a part of the whole thing, feeling like every character, mellowing in their sweetness and love. Tearing up in their pain and sorrow and enjoying each of their moments.
And outside the house, Echo seems like the kind of place I'd go for a drink, but then there's outside Des' house, with all the wolves camping? I'd go spend a while out there, getting to know them.
I could imagine every place described and I got to meet each character in my mind. Emotions were so well described I had chills running up and down my spine almost permanently.
The author has a fluid style in her writing and a captivating narrative. I can't wait for her next book!!!

The Immortal Scrolls: 2 (The Immortal Gladiator Series)
The Immortal Scrolls: 2 (The Immortal Gladiator Series)
by Kristin Secorsky

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful trip in time and love, 31 May 2013
Wow! That's my first impression on this book. It kind of reminded me of a book by Manfredi. Ms. Secorsky has managed to merge two completely different eras, making the trips from place to place and time to time, swift and easy.
The characters are well defined with stories that carry emotion, love, struggle and pleasure. The slightly sexy scenes are easy-to-read with no rough imagery.
The narration is fluent and absolutely lovely, I could easily see each scene in my mind.
I must mention that, even though I have read too much about vampires and werewolves recently, the characters in this book seemed new and fresh to me.
The imagery, specially in the older eras, is perfect, I could almost feel the different materials mentioned and smell the scents of Araceli's body oils.
Ms. Secorsky has managed to take me through time, to places I've never been to, and make me feel right at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lot more stars deserved!!!!, 31 May 2013
I was saddened by the end of this book, since it was the last in a wonderful series. Saying goodbye to Thomas, Jonathan, Kat, Malina, Angel,Seth, Malachi, Darius and everyone else was very emotional for me.
I knew this was farewell when I began reading, but the greed to see what Ms. Pinard had come up with made me read fast. The book is easy to go through, the fast pace in the narration, the easy-to-love characters and permanent action kept me reading almost unstoppably.
Stories are concluded, rounded up, some with happy endings and others not so much, but all of them giving a sense of closure to the reader.
The way Ms. Pinard carries us through the entire story makes me feel like sylph portals, coming and going here and there without effort.
In this final book, the characters are stronger, clearer, and we get to know every side of them.
Do not miss this wonderful story, starting with Enchanted Immortals, The Vortex, The Vampyre and finally The Vixen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lot more stars deserved!!!!, 31 May 2013

Saving Ben
Saving Ben

5.0 out of 5 stars I was expecting a good book, this was great!, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Saving Ben (Kindle Edition)
OK, this book is NOT fantasy and yet I consider it fantastic. The perfection with which Ms. Farley introduces the characters to us, it makes them almost real.
Katherine (Kitty) and Ben were part of the family right away. I was able to feel their emotions, experience everything they went through. They are so...human, so believable it is easy to relate them to oneself or someone we know.
Abigail touched my heart and I could perfectly understand Katherine's love for her. Ben's life with its ups and Emmas. George with all that love and protectiveness for his sister. I shall say everyone should read this and learn all about sibling relationships. I loved reading this boom, it took me to a real place and time I had never been to before.

The Hunted: Fracture The Secret Enemy Saga Book Two: 2
The Hunted: Fracture The Secret Enemy Saga Book Two: 2
by Virginia McKevitt

5.0 out of 5 stars 5.0 out of 5 stars You can learn so much while enjoying this story!!, 25 April 2013
Virginia McKevitt is now in my Favorite Author list, and there aren't many there since I'm not one for being a fan of any human being... animals maybe, but never a human LOL!
In this book Virginia continues the adventure of Kritsina, Tegrin, Sissy and Jimmy, of course with Bo with them all along... I wouldn't love this book as much without that dog!!
I got to travel in my mind again, find powers unknown and even learned how to best hide a corpse.
The author has used such wonderful descriptions and imagery that I could see Tegrin's eyes as they changed color and Kristina's red curls blowing in the wind. I had the wonderful chance to see Jimmy's toys and Sissy's costume. I visited New Orleans for Mardi Gras and partied in the streets. That is how wonderful the imagery was. The rituals created in this saga, the worlds, the strengths, weaknesses and special powers of each character, the way she has portrayed the Couton, specially Alexasia, her appearance, her clothing and her attitude towards the world are so clear you can easily understand her and the reactions of others towards her.
Ms. McKevitt's writing style is clear, compelling and descriptive, with wonderful imagery and the most amazing creative imagination.

I gave it 5 stars, because I can't give it more, but I'd actually give it 10.

The Scarlet Crane: A Transition Novel
The Scarlet Crane: A Transition Novel
by J. E. Hopkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Spy this book, and fall into the magic of transition, 25 April 2013
I have to say this is one of the best espionage-suspense books I have ever read. I've never been so enthralled by a book in this genre. As you probably noticed, I love fantasy books, but this one, this book has a bunch of stories that intertwine with each other showing you several sides of the same cube.
I felt like I was living the story with Dish and Stony. The imagery used through the descriptions, is so vivid that you can see everything, even the scenes I'd rather not be able to imagine. I could feel even the temperature of the different places.
This author obviously has had their share of travel or has studied and research each place in the book, since there were a few I've been to and could see them in my mind as if I was there again.
The minds of each character were complex and full of knowledge and mystery. Every situation could possibly be seen as a reality, except maybe, for the main thread which includes magic, though I do believe there is magic in this world.
I will be re-reading this book soon, since I'm sure I have yet some juicy details to uncover that slipped my eye in this first read.

The League of Doorways (A Book of Vampires, Werewolves & Black Magic) (The Doorways Trilogy 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm crossing through the doorway, 25 April 2013
In this book everything happened fast, very fast making it almost impossible for me to put it down. In book one I got to meet the characters, in Book two I felt everything that happened to them, from Anna's fear to Zach's doubts and Throat's hatred. I became friends with them due to how well written they are and how well the author has expressed each and every one of their situations, emotions and actions. Their thoughts are easy to understand and some of them were very easy to relate-to for me. I found myself trapped in a different world, trying to save this one. I met tigers and wolfs, vampires and artificial life forms. I ran through deserts and swam in seas as strange as the creatures in it.
The author did a wonderful job transporting me in this book, showing me a different world and showing me glimpses of other worlds, stories and characters. It is amazing how all his books and stories are intertwined in the most unimaginable ways. I cannot wait to read the third book in this saga, hope it is published soon.

Doorways (A Book of Vampires, Werewolves & Black Magic) (The Doorways Trilogy 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fly away from reality and fidn a new world!!, 11 April 2013
This one was the first book by this author I had a hard time getting into. Probably because my working year began and I started waking up at 5.30am and coming back home at 9pm and this makes it hard to focus. But, I finally got the hang of the routine again and was able to read it during commuting. The book is a wonderful young adult novel about this boy, Zachary, whom I swear I've met somewhere, and friends he makes upon discovering an alternate world. Think of doors, mirrors and adventures when thinking about this book. Wolves, vampires, witches, sorcerers, Queens and so many other fantastic creatures make this book entertaining from cover to cover.
The author has the ability to take me away to different worlds and let me be part of his MC's adventures (MC: Main Character), so reading his books becomes a desired relief from reality. In this one, he took me to Endra to save this world and by default, ours. Traveling from door to door, seeing people's reflections and of course making new friends and foes.
This book is perfect for the adventurous teen or the stressed adult, and the other way round too. It's relaxing to be taken away so swiftly and led into such great adventures. I'd say you need to read this... soon!

Dead Water (Book Seven) (Kiera Hudson Series Two 7)
Dead Water (Book Seven) (Kiera Hudson Series Two 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars Feeling right at home!!, 31 Mar. 2013
Tim O'Rourke has done it again! Made me race against time so I could reach the
ending of this book asap... it's got suspense, love, drama, fun and more suspense. The man has created such enduring characters, people who are odd and normal everyday beings like you and me. People who have fun and yet suffer.

The amount of things I thought and felt while reading this book, the places I
visited, the way I soared through night skies and walked knee-deep in the snow.

How I swam in the dead waters and felt cold and warm with the characters. This book took me away to many places, showed me the wonders of Kiera's England and how she feels about her friends.

The book is, as always with this author, clear, easy to read, interesting, gripping and with descriptions that will carry you away. The characters are already friends of mine, heartwarming and loveable, while the villains surprised me over and again. Dead people who are alive, living people who die, dead people who die again.
This book is surprising, endearing, heartbreaking... I can't even begin to
explain this book without spoiling it for you.. and we do not want that so I'll say it simply... READ IT!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4