Profile for S.M. > Reviews

Seven Deadly Sins
Seven Deadly Sins
by Corey Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars Seven Deadly Sins, really?, 18 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Seven Deadly Sins (Hardcover)
I was really looking forward to reading this, as I am a big fan of Slipknot and Stone Sour; however, this book by Corey Taylor is somewhat a disappointment to what the title indicates.
Corey seems to spend most of his time contradicting the whole point of a sin by explaining each one individually and how they 'relate' to his past life, then turns round and says, actually it's not a sin because we are allowed to make mistakes and learn from them. So, the point of this book is...?
Secondly, his 'confessions' appear slightly censored and details are glossed over for the reader to try to fill in the blanks. My impression of autobiographical account is you unleash all, which is what I would expect from such an intelligent writer/ performer. With such a prolific status, Deadly Sins got me thinking of a no holds barred recount of his life, I found it rather tame.
I must not be completely pessimistic! Yes, it is very well written and it is without doubt the Corey is a very intelligent man, but I expected more. Maybe that was just my high expectations of him.
This book does give you an (slight) insight into his life; however, the majority is made up of what Corey thinks about the world around him and the people who fill it. I am sure many Slipknot and Stone Sour fans will find it an interesting, brilliant read. It is worth a read if you want to find out someone else's opinions about life, which is why I awarded it three stars.
Obviously, I was expecting something more, without contradictions... maybe that is my sin...?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 28, 2011 1:31 AM GMT

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Nintendo DS)
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Mediacentre

5.0 out of 5 stars A game for all ages!, 29 Dec. 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This was one of my first choices of games for the Nintendo DS i bought recently, as i have always been a fan of Mario and Sonic.

The fact that you have such a wide range of characeter choice to play as is fantastic and there are lots of events to choose from plus you unlock more as you go along.

You also have an adventure mode where you can choose to play as Mario or Sonic, it reminds me of the adventure modes when the original Mario/Sonic games came out and in order to win you have a journey to go on and complete olympic events against an opponent.

This game is very addictive and the different types of events you can play will keep you hooked as the controls vary (stylus and/or buttons) and can take some time to master.

This is definitley a game for all ages and i recommened this game to everyone who is a fan of the Mario and Sonic game series.