Profile for T. W. Spielhofer > Reviews

Content by T. W. Spielhofer

T. W. Spielhofer "ukman98" (Oxford, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Big Cheese All-Weather Block Bait - 50 Blocks
The Big Cheese All-Weather Block Bait - 50 Blocks
Offered by Greatukdeals

2.0 out of 5 stars They eat them but they're still around ...., 29 Jun. 2015
Well they definitely love these blocks - can't get enough of them .... but after a week, they are still around, so not sure whether they are working or not. I used to think we only had one living in our garden, but now I suspect there was a whole family - so maybe that's why it's taking a while to get rid of all of them. Previously I'd seen a big fat one gnawing at them, whereas today it was a junior version .... so maybe the big one has died already and it's down to the offspring? Hope so.

Have just ordered another pack to finish off the job .... hopefully. So 3-stars for now as it's not yet done the job.

***Update
Almost finished the pack and this morning saw two of them still nosing around .... so seems like it's not worked and have ordered a different poison.

The Arsonist
The Arsonist
by Sue Miller

2.0 out of 5 stars Well written but a bit tedious, 28 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The Arsonist (Paperback)
Agree with other reviewers that this novel somehow is not up to scratch with other books by this author - it starts well, but then gets rather tedious for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on. I just found myself skipping pages that described rather minor details of their daily lives - just wanting to get to the end of this book. It could be that I just didn't find the main character of Frankie particularly sympathetic - she just seemed rather self-absorbed and just not very interesting. I also found the descriptions of their sexual encounters rather cringeworthy - again not sure why, but possibly because Frankie irritated me.

The best bit of the book is the description of the father's descent into Alzheimer's (or something like it) and the consequences for those around him, but this was a side-story really - eclipsed by the irritating Frankie.

Let's hope it'll be better next time for Sue Miller ....

The Best Day
The Best Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - after a few listens, 12 May 2015
This review is from: The Best Day (Audio CD)
Listened to this once and found it a bit boring - then went to see a live gig this week, which was awesome. Now listening to it, I can't see how I didn't like it the first time round - so I guess in conclusion, it's a grower ... which is a good thing! But if you can see him/them live ... it's well worth it!

Strung Out In Heaven
Strung Out In Heaven

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD from a great band, 7 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Strung Out In Heaven (Audio CD)
I've loved this band for a long time and seen them live in London a couple of years ago - but somehow missed this CD. And as others have said, it's probably the best produced of the lot and got some real gems on it ... Jennifer, Going to Hell ....

It's just amazing how few people know of this band - only ever met one other friend who'd heard of them (and loved them). Amazing.

Chapter Eight:  High Low
Chapter Eight: High Low
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic viewing - we want more!, 25 Feb. 2015
Probably the best Amazon TV series yet - not quite as good as The Wire (as it lacks the political nuance) but up in that league. Very good script and fantastic acting ..... hope the 2nd series isn't far off!

WMF Stelio KaffeemÌ_hle
WMF Stelio KaffeemÌ_hle
Offered by About-Tea & About-Coffee Shop, Preise inkl. MwSt.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... about a year ago as I wanted something that's sturdy and produces top quality ground coffee - and it ..., 2 Feb. 2015
Bought this in Austria about a year ago as I wanted something that's sturdy and produces top quality ground coffee - and it doesn't fail; you can set how finely you want it ground and also the quantity, so you can easily set it to make just enough for a few cups and so it's always fresh. My only slight quibble is that it's hard to remove the ground coffee without making a slight mess every time - but it's hard to see how this could be avoided really. But overall a really good product ....

Autobiographical Comics
Autobiographical Comics

5.0 out of 5 stars Well presented argument about an interesting genre, 26 Jan. 2013
Agree with other reviewer that this is a really interesting book - can't understand how someone can dismiss it without reading it, just based on the preview. It's written in an accessible way without being trashy, and is definitely of interest to anyone interested in graphical novels from a more analytical and philosophical angle.

Smart Flashing Light Set
Smart Flashing Light Set

1.0 out of 5 stars Low quality product, 11 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Smart Flashing Light Set (Sports)
Maybe I was unlucky, but of the lights I received the front one never worked properly; I'd test it out and it would work fine, but by the time I needed them it would not come on. At this price, sending it back is not worth the effort really.

Milo & I
Milo & I

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, whacky stories ..., 12 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Milo & I (Kindle Edition)
This is what I love about the Kindle - gives me a chance to discover excellent little gems like this one. Ever read a story about a baby detective, no? Here you go. Very, very funny but without being corny. I noticed that the paper-back version of this book sells for £95.00 as a used version - someone else seems to have recognised its value.

How come there's only one book by this author?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2012 12:52 AM BST

The Rough Guide Map California
The Rough Guide Map California
by Rough Guides
Edition: Map

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Rough Guide, 24 April 2008
Bought this map with Rough Guide for recent trip to California and I must say it is less than useful - only has main roads and very little detail. Luckily I bought a SatNav just before going otherwise we'd have never found anything! My advice would be to buy a map when you get there - map provided free by car hire company was more useful than this one and maps can be picked up for virtually nothing in service stations.

Page: 1 | 2