Profile for Mr. M. Miller > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl
Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old Whisky 70 cl

4.0 out of 5 stars Price too good to be true?.....I don't think so, 3 Mar 2014
I have just taken delivery of two bottles of this great Dalwhinnie. After ordering I read the reviews and was concerned by some reviews that suggested that there may some fake product in the pipeline.....
However, when I took delivery I examined them thoroughly. The colour of the whisky seemed good, also the quality of the packaging, labelling, and etchings seemed professional enough. I even emailed the Dalwhinnie distillery with the etched product batch codes which they confirmed as being genuine. The most reliable test of all is, of course, the taste.....thankfully the sweet honey notes and the slightly smokey aftertaste were all too present. This stuff is the real McCoy.
The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is because, as other people have mentioned, the supplier packaging does damage the Dalwhinnie cardboard box.

Supergets® HTC Desire C Top Flip PU Leather Case Cover, Screen Protector, High Capacitive Touch Screen Stylus And Polishing Cloth Black
Offered by MGT Group

2.0 out of 5 stars you get what you pay for...., 29 Sep 2013
I suppose this would be ideal for someone who doesn't use their mobile that many times during the day but for those of us who do it doesn't take long before this case starts showing signs of wear.
I've had this case a few weeks and already the cheap plastic has torn at the points where the case creases most.I've resigned myself to the fact I will have to buy another one very shortly.....not this kind though.

Mae Ploy Massaman Curry Paste 1 Kg (Pack of 2)
Mae Ploy Massaman Curry Paste 1 Kg (Pack of 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars .......what a price!!!, 5 Sep 2013
It's a nice paste which saves the hassle of making your own and there are plenty recipes out there which call for Massaman paste, but (and it's a big BUT)my local Chinese wholesalers sell the exact same item for £3.65.....!!

Armadale
Armadale

4.0 out of 5 stars It just gets better....., 4 Sep 2013
This review is from: Armadale (Kindle Edition)
Having just recently discovered Wilkie Collins whilst browsing Amazon Kindle store I have now read three of his books of which Armadale is the latest. Having read alot of Charles Dickens I am now at a loss why Collins is constantly referred to as a protege of Dickens. In my opinion Collins should certainly be considered as an equal. Although Collins' novels do not have the depth of some of Dickens best work, Collins novels do posses a common quality - they very quickly grab you by the scruff of the neck and drag you transfixed through the entire novel before dumping you panting in a heap on the last (or very near last) page.
'Armadale' is no different. As with all of Collins novels I have read so far the plot is very well thought out and develops expertly throughout. Thoroughly enjoyable read - I am now going to download every Collins book on Amazon all for £0 - bargain!

Andrew James Premium Solid Granite Pestle And Mortar With Spout For Easy Pouring - Large 15cm Diameter
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get better........, 26 July 2013
Having been a bit of a curry making buff for the past few years I had been struggling on with a small composite type mortar and pestle which I needed to do a weights session before using as it took that much effort!.....then a saw this one for sale on Amazon.
I had been toying with the idea of just getting an electric grinder but no matter which one you chose there were always a few reviews moaning about them burning out.........so, I plummed for the Andrew James Granite Pestle and Mortar. And I'm glad I did. Firstly, the delivery is super fast mine arriving after just one working day. Secondly, it looks like and feels like a quality piece of kitchen equipment i.e. it is heavy, robust and looks great. And thirdly (but most importantly) is the utterly effortless way that spices and seeds are ground to a powder in no time. It literally feels like the pestle is doing all the work for you.....I ground peppercorns, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom seeds, cloves and cinnamon all to a powder in seconds with a few turns of the pestle.
I'm so impressed......

No Name
No Name

5.0 out of 5 stars A revelation......, 23 July 2013
This review is from: No Name (Kindle Edition)
I can't believe I've only just discovered Wilkie Collins through browsing the Kindle library.....! I'm a big fan of Dickens and have read most of his novels. Collins is easier to read but no less pleasurable for it. The thing that impresses me most with Collins is that his writing is perfectly paced throughout his novels so you are literally hooked until the last page.
No Name is a wonderful story about a 'righteous' deception which becomes a cropper in the end.......there are some wonderful characters from the amusing rogue Captain Wragge to the old miser Noel Vanstone.
I have already downloaded another of Collins' books free from the Kindle library but this is the second Collins novel that has had me totally hooked.

The Woman in White
The Woman in White

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read...., 3 July 2013
I am a great fan of Dickens and his influence is evident in Wilkie Collins work. Their prose style are similar, although Dickens' characters do have more depth to them. Having said that The Women in White is a damn good read. After reading the first part of the book I was just wandering where on earth it was all going but then the story well and truely sucked me in and I literally couldn't put it down. For a few days my family and work were abandoned as I was glued to my kindle. Some of the twists and turns you just don't see coming and I was gripped right through to the end.
I can't believe this book is for free on Kindle and after finishing The Women in White I have immediately downloaded another work 'No Name'.
After reading some other drivel for free on Kindle this work is in a different league. Read it.....simples!

Seiko Men's Solar Watch SNE039P1
Seiko Men's Solar Watch SNE039P1

4.0 out of 5 stars A Classic watch, 19 Oct 2012
I purchased this watch after scouring the high street for a watch that would suit my quite skinny forearm and thin wrist.....the fashion nowadays seems to be for watches with faces the size of dinner plates which look ridiculous on me.
I was looking for a dress watch and this one appealed because its plain but classy at the same time. Above all, it is quite thin and its smallish diameter suits the thinner wrist. The solar power is a bonus, however I've only just got the watch and cannot yet comment on the timekeeping.
As always Amazon free delivery lived up to the mark with the watch being delivered before scheduled delivery date. Also top price (£50 cheaper than H.Samuel). Of course, you will have to pay to get the strap altered but my local jeweller done it on the spot for £3.
The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is that I would have preferred the strap links to be a bit smaller as the watch on my wrist was either very loose or just a smidgin on the tight side....
However, its a good buy for the price.

Masterplug Indoor Power MSF3/NK-MS 3-Way Fused Adapter (White)
Masterplug Indoor Power MSF3/NK-MS 3-Way Fused Adapter (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars 3-way adaptor, 4 Jan 2012
This is one of the few 3-way adaptors on the market that is designed with an extended housing so that when you have three appliances plugged in the plugs don't interfere with each other. There are cheaper ones on the market however you wont be sending this one back!I know its hard to get excited about an adaptor but I have to give 5 stars as I can't fault it.

Casio AW-80V-1BVEF Illuminator Combi Watch
Casio AW-80V-1BVEF Illuminator Combi Watch
Offered by Gadgetize

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly adequate...., 28 May 2010
My requirement was a cheap, no nonsense watch that would give me the time/day/date on the face. I opted for this watch and I am very happy with it. It is extremely light and very comfortable; you really can't tell that's it's on.
The backlight is fine and the face is not huge (so fits skinny wrists, like mine).
I found the manual actually OK to read and set up the watch no probs. There is perhaps an 'over-functionality' with watch as I cannot see anybody using the telephone number storage facility (doesn't everybody have a mobile these days)? The stopwatch/timer facility is OK should you ever wish to use it, however if you want 'proper' sports timer facilities buy something else.
Basically, if you want a comfortable decent looking watch for nothing else other than to tell you what time and day it is then this does just the job. 10yr battery life is a bonus.

Page: 1 | 2