Profile for Leen Zuydgeest > Reviews

Content by Leen Zuydgeest

Leen Zuydgeest (Gouda, the Netherlands)

Third Eye Surgery
Third Eye Surgery

4.0 out of 5 stars Danish high quality stonerrock, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Third Eye Surgery (Audio CD)
I discovered Baby Woodrose at the 'discover' page at Spotify. Well, a really good discovery I might say! The singer has a Dave Wyndorf (Monster Magnet) kind of voice . To my surprise there is also a female singer, a combination that works very well, it did remind me a of Black Mountain. And Monster Magnet and Black Mountain stoner/psychedelic rock is the type of music Baby Woodrose makes. About the songs, there is no weak one I can find on this album. They are quite varying, thanks to the different singers.

The Fellowship of the Ring (Lord of the Rings 1 Collectors)
The Fellowship of the Ring (Lord of the Rings 1 Collectors)
by J. R. R. Tolkien

5.0 out of 5 stars New edition with 'Triple'-cover design, 29 Jan 2014
After seen the laughable second Hobbit-movie, I thought it was time to read The Hobbit and LOTR again. In English I only had the large volume illustrated version by Alan Lee, and that print is way too big to read in the train to my work. Searching I came to this new edition. Three loose volumes of Lotr, much easier to take with me! A beautiful version with an original cover design. The Fellowship has also an interesting preface about the many mistakes and vollowing corrections of the original text in the printed version and maps in two colors, black and red.

I suppose the story is well known to a lot of people, so I won't say anything about that...

Oh, by the way, LOTR is NOT a trilogy!!

LEGO Galaxy Squad 70709: Galactic Titan
LEGO Galaxy Squad 70709: Galactic Titan
Offered by Clearance Cavee

4.0 out of 5 stars Repulbic gunship reminiscent spaceship, 17 Oct 2013
The whole line of Galaxy Squad is very good, one of the better Lego scifi-themes of the last few years I think (besides Star Wars).
There is a launching vehicle that doubles as a tank with a twin cannon, an insectoid-base and a multiped. There are five minifigs, 3
of the blue squad and two insectoids.
The most interesting is the 'deep space destroyer', an attackship (I think...) with rotating wings that locks on to the launching vehicle. It looks a bit like a Star Wars Republic Gunship, but that is always a good thing! The light blue color is quite new, and is a good additition to the standard Lego-colors.