ARRAY(0xb2864120)

Profile for Peter Walters > Reviews

Content by Peter Walters

Peter Walters

MOFRED® Black Stylus Pen for Apple iPad Mini (7" Tablet)
MOFRED® Black Stylus Pen for Apple iPad Mini (7" Tablet)
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty slim..., 22 Mar 2013
It's an ok product, what would you expect for a few pennies?! It did fall out of the holder on the side of my ipad as it is quite slim, but I suspect that is more an issue with the stylus holder on the case than the stylus itself (which I think is a standard size...).

Shake 'a' Fox Dog Toy (Toy Size: Large)
Shake 'a' Fox Dog Toy (Toy Size: Large)
Offered by Equestrian Performance

4.0 out of 5 stars Foxy didn't last long..., 22 Mar 2013
Well, this lasted longer than a lot of the toys that I've bought my labradoodle, Chewbacca. But in all honesty, he had the stuffing out of it within about 40 minutes. He does love it though, even without the stuffing. He's moved onto removing ears and the such now and it's pretty good for a bit of tug'o'war!

Left Foot Forward: A Year in the Life of a Journeyman Footballer
Left Foot Forward: A Year in the Life of a Journeyman Footballer
by Garry Nelson

4.0 out of 5 stars Great insight into the life of a professional footballer (from a few years ago...), 22 Mar 2013
Really good book, if you like football and autobiographies etc then this is an excellent read. For £2 or whatever it is, well worth the entertainment.

Lacor-63740-NON.STICK BLACK IRON FRYING PAN 40 CM.
Lacor-63740-NON.STICK BLACK IRON FRYING PAN 40 CM.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is huge!, 22 Mar 2013
This now sits on top of my cupboards and not sure how much use it will get... Not quite big enough to utilise all four hobs, and the surface doesn't seem to be particularly non-stick for doing breakfasts and stuff. It's ok, but not my best purchase.

Ladies Womens Waterproof Fully Lined Winter Yard Stable Wellies Mucker Wellington Boots Pink Size UK 7
Offered by tack n hack

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good!, 22 Mar 2013
Bought for the missus, not getting huge use as just for the occasional dog walk, but she likes them, they seem comfortable (no extra whinging!) and they certainly stand out!

August / Daffodil MR100 Bluetooth Audio Receiver for iPod Dock - Plug and Play Music Wirelessly from Your Mobile Phone / PC to a Music System with Apple Docking Station using a Bluetooth Connection
Offered by Daffodil UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with some devices, not with others..., 22 Mar 2013
I got this through this morning - it was promptly delivered and sufficiently packaged.

I initially tried it in my car (with ipod cable in glove compartment) but it didn't like it... I thinking it was something to do with no power being put through the cable unless an ipod is drawing from it or something, but anyway, no power, no bluetooth to pair it with my iphone 5.

When I got home I plugged it into my Bose Portable Soundock (first version?) and it immeditately started flashing. It paired (with code, 0000) and played music perfectly. Well, nearly perfectly, I think perhaps the sound quality is very slightly lower than when docked properly or with a jack lead, but perfectly acceptable for all except extreme audiophiles! I was thinking I'd made an excellent decision!

Then I tried it on my stereo with dock, and, although paired, I couldn't get any sound out of it at all... Very strange! I'm not entirely sure what it is that stops it working on the stereo, but the face that it works with (what was a £300) Bose soundock makes the £10 I spent well worth it.

My advice, buy one and try it, but if it doesn't work don't be too dissapointed! There's a significant chance that it wont!

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Xbox 360)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Retro_Foundation

2.0 out of 5 stars Err, what happened Konami?, 26 Oct 2007
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
So, having always been a FIFA player until the last outing of PES6 I was expecting something spectacular this time round - what did we get? Rubbish. Absolute rubbish. I can't believe that Konami have come up with this utter load of tosh.
Why? I hear you ask - well, the gameplay is too fast - it doesn't even make the gameplay fun. Too many players around the ball at all times make it nearly impossible to actually play football. Also, the online play is absolutely terrible! It's like going back to playing Tribes on a dial-up it's so laggy - absolutely rubbish and it needs sorting.

I'm annoyed because I decided to trade in FIFA 08 and a couple of other games as I assumed that this was going to be the only game I played for months - not so - I've played 2 online games and think I'm going to wait for the plonkers at Konami to get an update out to sort it.

Absolutely gutted at how bad it is.

Brian Lara Cricket 2007 (Xbox 360)
Brian Lara Cricket 2007 (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars BLC Xbox 360 vs BLC PS2, 24 Mar 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I can remember buying the PS2 version of BLC on the release day and did the same with the XBox 360 version yesterday. I spent the morning playing against the CPU, and the afternoon, evening and most of the night playing on XBox live!

So, is it a far superiour upgrade to the PS2? Well, unfortunately, no. The game engine seems to be identical with just 3 extra batting shots (you can now perform two sweep shots and can run down the wicket to a short pitched ball) which take a little time to master, but as far as the shots that you can play to certain types of deliveries (ie playing against the seam is a no-no) there is no difference. The bowling is improved slightly (as discussed below) but still has a very similar feel to the PS2.

The graphics have been refined and upgraded, as have some of the instant replay camera shots, but in general you will again notice how similar to the PS2 everything feels.

Is it worth buying an XBox 360 and the new BLC 2007? Well, thanks to XBox Live the answer is undoubtably 'yes'. Being able to play online is the thing that makes BLC 2007 the pinnacle of cricket titles available today. Instead of having to 'out-think' the computer (which I've always have my doubts about) you can now actually pit your wits against another person - bowl him four outside off-stump and watch him toddle back to the pavillion as the fifth moves the other way and rips his middle stump out!

Although similar to the PS2 version, overall it is worth going out and getting the hardware and software required to play BLC2007 on the Xbox360, purely for the online play. It adds a new element to the game that hasn't been available before and with official organised online tournaments is sure to continue being the number 1 cricket game available.