Profile for Lauren > Reviews

That Extra Half an Inch: Hair, Heels and Everything in Between
That Extra Half an Inch: Hair, Heels and Everything in Between
by Victoria Beckham

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 11 Dec. 2006
I bought this book thinking it would be full of good advice. I dont dislike Victoria, but the book was terribly disappointing. I presumed it would be alot about how to wear the clothes if your a certain shape, height etc. However i found it was more of what Victoria does and what expensive clothes/products she uses to achieve her look and then adding the odd affordable brand in there. Some of the advice is ovbious, "do not wear a frilly bra under a tight t-shirt as the lace will bump up causing you to look like you have bumpy boobs." Not many things i didnt know already.

Jade: My Autobiography
Jade: My Autobiography
by Jade Goody

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 6 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Jade: My Autobiography (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed this book, i found jade was very honest about her childhood. After reading this book my opinion of jade has changed, i now admire her and the way she had a very different upbringing to most however has still made something of her life.

Angel
Angel
by Katie Price
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars Predictable, 6 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
Having read and enjoyed both of Katie's biographies i thought i would give her novel a go. Personally i think it was rather predictable and not a book that i found myself wanted to read on to see what happened next. However i appreciate that it was Katies first go, and consuquently not a bad attempt.

Wayne Rooney: My Story So Far
Wayne Rooney: My Story So Far
by Wayne Rooney

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 6 Sept. 2006
I read this book within 3 days of buying it. I read quite a few biographies and this is probably one of the ones i have enjoyed most. It shows how level headed Wayne has remained. If you are thinking of reading it i'd say definatley do so.

West End Girls
West End Girls
by Jenny Colgan

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK.., 6 Sept. 2006
This review is from: West End Girls (Paperback)
This book was ok, although not something to rave to your friends about. As the book went on it became more and more predictable. In the end i was reading it just to finish it, not because i was kept in suspense.

Bookends
Bookends
by Jane Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody Brilliant!, 6 Sept. 2006
This review is from: Bookends (Paperback)
I have just literally finished reading this book and i had to come on here to say how good it was. i read it in 3 days, which for me is quick. however i just couldnt put it down. the characters are so acuratley described and the plot was never dull. i will certainly be reading more of jane green's novels.