Profile for J. Ollett > Reviews

Content by J. Ollett

J. Ollett (Wimbledon, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Panasonic DMR-PWT530EB Smart 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with 500GB HDD Recorder and Twin Freeview+ HD Tuners
Price: 239.00

3.0 out of 5 stars No good if you want to use a cable/sky box, 25 Sep 2013
I never even unpacked this item - returned it un-opened. It has the fewest connections that I have ever seen on an HDD/bluray/DVD recorder and you cannot connect a cable box (or another recorder/player) to it. There are two co-axial sockects and an HDMI out only (no scarts etc). Useless to me, although, if it is as good as my 1TB DMR BWT720 model (from 2012) it will be brilliant at what it can do. Amazon should warn buyers of this (rather major) shortcoming of this machine.

Ayres on the Air: Series 3 (BBC Audio)
Ayres on the Air: Series 3 (BBC Audio)
by Pam Ayres
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 12 Aug 2013
Pam Ayres on audio can only be beaten by Pam Ayres on Video, whichcan only be beaten by Pam Ayres live. We've spoken and she is as charming and funny in person as when performing

ORGASMIC WOMEN: 13 SELFLOVING DIVAS
ORGASMIC WOMEN: 13 SELFLOVING DIVAS

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting., 13 July 2013
I am nearly 70 now but have never stopped looking into ways to please my woman, now my wife of 26 years and still interested. The internet is a wonderful thing and studying the woman's point of view for lovemaking would probably benefit most long term husbands - half an hour of massage in the right places, and then knowing where and how to touch would very likely benefit their relationships. This was a very interesting, if perhaps a tad too explicit, DVD. Recommended.

Andre Rieu - The Best of Live [DVD]
Andre Rieu - The Best of Live [DVD]
Dvd ~ Various Artists
Offered by brrsales
Price: 5.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as usual, 13 July 2013
Old recordings, so the picture pixelates a lot but the sound is the usual excellence expected from this man and his amazing orchestra

NEW DELL MADE GENUINE ORIGINAL 2GB 2 GB MEMORY RAM KIT (2PC x 1GB) DDR-333, PC2700 for the Dell Dimension 3000 & 2400
Offered by Arch Memory USA
Price: 26.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy, 13 July 2013
When I bought my Dimension 3000 it was ahead of it's time - 1gb of RAM, 150gb of harddrive - surely that would be a leader for years.....well, it was but then 2gb of ram became the norm and now it's 4gb and some machines have even more.
The new programs, of course, take advantage of this extra RAM, and suddenly I'm slow again, even after running all my free cleanup/speedup programs. So, time to look for RAM. I paid a few pounds extra to get genuine dell but what the hell........ it's still cheap. What's more it arrived in double quick time - bought from the USA on the 6th (a Saturday), received here in the UK on the 12th (the following Friday). Very helpful and easy to follow installation instructions, indeed tthe hardest part of the job was remembering how to get the side panel off the PC. And the result - everything that I'd hoped for and more besides. I'm no computer expert, although I suppose I'm better that most lay users, but this was very straight forward.
NOW, is anyone interested in upgraging their 512mg RAM machine to 1gb? I have two 512 cards for sale in VGC.......

STEEL GARDEN OBELISK FOR CLIMBING PLANTS & ROSES
STEEL GARDEN OBELISK FOR CLIMBING PLANTS & ROSES
Offered by Shamz
Price: 5.97

4.0 out of 5 stars More difficult to assemble than others which we have bought, 13 July 2013
The box contained all the necessary parts and at first sight (and also at last sight) looked to be an excellent product. It was the in between bit which was troublesome. The upright tubes conected perfectly, the holes were nicely made and in the right places. However, when I tried to assemble the three horizontal bands not even one pair of joints would fit together initially. Each band consists of four quadrant tubes, one end reduced to fit into the female fitting of the adjoining piece of tube.Granted that I have arthritus in both hands, but all the holes drilled in the female fittings had a burr on the inside of the tube. Luckily, 50 years ago, I bought a set of accessories for my fine, new electric drill and in this pack was a set of rotary drills which made short work of the burrs and the whole thing was then very easy to assemble. In spite of the instructions saying that it would be a two person job, I managed alone. I would guess that the second person would be my wife, who sat and critisised - I mean gave helpful advice throughout.......
All in all, the cheapest and best obelisk we have ever bought. It looks to be very sturdily made and has an excellent finish and we shall be buying another for my wife's other rose shortly. This time, though, I get to critisise....
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 29, 2014 4:28 PM BST

Silverline 153662 Parasol LED Light 24 LED
Silverline 153662 Parasol LED Light 24 LED
Price: 8.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected, 3 Sep 2012
Silverline 153662 Parasol LED Light]] I bought three of these for 1.90 each + 4.99 P&P. It are very easy to install the batteries (not supplied) and to fit to the parasol. The light is great, just right to create the ambiance for having an outdoor drink at night, whilst chatting with friends, although if you want to read by it, then it's not for you.

Randolph Scott Western Collection [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Randolph Scott Western Collection [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Randolph Scott
Offered by supermart_usa
Price: 2.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Wondrerful vale for money, 20 July 2012
Great value at 3.95, these westerns (which are region free, and not region 1 as per the listing, come from the days before PC, when you knew exactly where you stood: white hat = good guy, black hat = bad guy and the Red Indians (not Native Americans) where always the villains (Remember the Little Big Horn!!!) Watch "Buffalo Stampede" for a truly memorable example of that, never mind that in a few short years, the Buffalo Hunters wiped out the buffalo and brought the Indians to the brink of starvation.
Shot in magnificent monochrome, with wooden actors and women with 1920s hairstyles and clothing, truly great stuff. A nostalgic trip down Memory Lane. (Indeed, this one goes back to a time before even my memory). The rest of the films are "Randolph Scott" - always the good guy, always wins in the end and always finishes with a kiss for the leading lady.
If, like my wife and me, you like a good old-fashioned western, shot in bright sunshine and not (as with so many modern films) in the rain, at night, Randolph Scott's films are always worth watching. Excellent value for money and, although the listing says Region 1, these DVDs are region free (but make sure that your player will play NTSC, the American standard - the UK is PAL. Only my Panasonic won't play them, all my other machines being universal).

iZKABasics - High Speed HDMI to HDMI 1M Cable - 24K Gold Connectors - For Use With SKY HD, Blu-Ray, DVD, PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Wii U, Mini Computer, Philips, Toshiba, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Sharp, Mitsubishi, Vizio, Sony, Apple TV, Plasma LCD LED HD TV, Virgin Box etc - Type A to Type A - 1.4V Supports Ethernet / 3D / Audio Return (Life Time Warranty)
Offered by iBox Ltd
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars They work, 4 May 2011
Not a lot to say about these - they work, but in a strong reception area like ours, the gold plating isn't really needed. Very refreshing to find a manufacturer who realises that the TV is generally very close to the HDD/DVD and thus supply a cable less than 6 feet long..... Very good price and ultra fast delivery. Thanks very much.

SuperLED Solar 140 White LED Light String DIGITAL MULTI EFFECT + FREE FENCE/WALL MOUNT + STAKE, PERFECT FOR ALL YEAR ROUND USE

5.0 out of 5 stars LED light string, 23 Jun 2010
This string of lights is very eay to fit. I put it on a wooden fence, so no masonary drilling. Because it's just a long plaited string it is easy to just put in nails and part the plait and put it over the nail heads. We spent a day deciding where to put the the solar panel, just watching the sun - not so critical in summer, but in winter, I want it to get maximum exposure. I particularly like the 8 way light option - everything from the whole string being on for a few seconds through flashing and then the lights "chase" each other along the string. I was a little concerned that there was no mains "top-up" option with this set, but it just isn't needed. This is a very visible light set and it lasts, much better than many of the watery solar lights I've seen in the past.

Page: 1 | 2