Profile for Tony T > Reviews

Content by Tony T

Tony T "t-and-g" (Leicestershire)

Page: 1 | 2
19" LED TV DVD COMBI With freeview
19" LED TV DVD COMBI With freeview
Offered by SUPERMARKET BRAND TVS

3.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for, 31 Jan. 2015
Somewhat disappointed by this TV. The sound is tinny, and I have played around with all the sound settings to get the best out of it. And the colour rendition is not great either, tending to give things a yellowish cast. Again I have spent some time with the settings getting the best I can. I find the colour rendition is greatly affected by the viewing angle but sadly there is no tilt adjustment on the stand. I am using it as a kitchen TV with the TV on the worktop and I have had to prop up the front of the stand to get some tilt. DVD works fine. I'll give it 3 stars because it is cheap and there's an element of you get what you pay for.

Mountmellick Embroidery: Inspired by Nature
Mountmellick Embroidery: Inspired by Nature
by Yvette Stanton

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Dec. 2014
Very good. I went on a residential course and this was excellent support material.

Makita 18v cordless lithium COMBI drill complete kit + 101 MAKITA ACCESORY set
Makita 18v cordless lithium COMBI drill complete kit + 101 MAKITA ACCESORY set
Offered by holywell tools

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended package, 12 Sept. 2014
Very pleased with this. Has a very solid feel to it, indicator of good build quality. Battery charges very quickly and so far, after several weeks, I've not had to recharge it although it has not had heavy use but it has done some hammer drilling. The chuck grips the bit tightly, much better than my previous Bosch model, in fact much better than my old Bosch in all aspects, although to be fair, it is more than twice the price. I've not needed to do anything really heavy duty with it but it does feel like there is lots of power in reserve on the jobs I have done. The accessory box has an incredible variety of tools and bits in it, too early to comment on the quality of these accessories. So in summary I'd say this package is good value for money - highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scales, 15 May 2014
I wanted scales with good repeatability of readings, fed up with my old scales making me have 5 or 6 goes before I got 2 readings the same, they were often several pounds different. These are fine in this respect. They can weigh in kg, lbs or stones & lbs and in the stones & lbs mode that I am using readings are to a tenth of a pound. Variation in readings is down to less than half a pound which I'm more than happy with. I use these on carpet and optional extra wide feet are provided for carpet use - another plus point. Easy enough to set up for up to 4 users for BMI analysis which seems to work well although I'm no expert in this area.

Pastis Henri Bardouin Liqueurs
Pastis Henri Bardouin Liqueurs
Offered by UK ONLINE

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent Pastis, 9 May 2014
I am not a connoisseur of Pastis but I like this well enough, I needed a bottle with the word "pastis" displayed prominently on the label which was my main reason for selecting this brand.

Fellowes Standard Monitor Riser - Graphite
Fellowes Standard Monitor Riser - Graphite

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy for the money, 9 May 2014
For the modest price I am perfectly happy with this. As you can see from the picture, the legs are made up of a short piece and a long piece, giving you options of 10cm (max), 7cm and 3 cm in height plus, I suppose, 2 cm if you used no legs. Ideally, I would have found an extra short section for each leg to be useful to provide a maximum of 13cm plus several more combinations but nevertheless from what I could find available after spending some time trawling the net I think I have made a good choice.

AOC Value E2370SH 23 inch Widescreen LCD Monitor
AOC Value E2370SH 23 inch Widescreen LCD Monitor

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with this, 9 May 2014
I wanted a relatively inexpensive 24inch monitor with VGA, DVI & HDMI and this fits the bill perfectly. If I have any disappointment it is that there is no height adjustment but I have now bought a monitor stand to replace the pile of books it was on and I am very happy with this arrangement. I do quite a bit of photo and video editing and I am well satisfied with its performance in this respect.

Selling Insincerity
Selling Insincerity

4.0 out of 5 stars More Like Porcupine Tree's Ghost, 14 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Selling Insincerity (Audio CD)
I'm into contemporary prog rock and, having heard a track off the album several times on internet radio, 2 things struck me. 1. It sounds a lot like Porcupine Tree and 2. Well I like PT a lot so I must have it. Found it only on Amazon at a decent price via a US dealer. The album doesn't disappoint on both counts. Most of it is very reminiscent of PT and most of it I like.

LINDY 2 Port USB 3.0 Switch
LINDY 2 Port USB 3.0 Switch

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 23 Feb. 2013
I have a laptop running windows 7 32bit and a desktop running windows 7 home premium 64bit and wanted both to able to use the same printer. This switch does the job beautifully. Not setting up required apart from plugging in the cables and works straight away.

Encore Scrabble Plus SB
Encore Scrabble Plus SB
Offered by GeeksWholesaler

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, 23 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Encore Scrabble Plus SB (CD-ROM)
My wife likes to play against the computer mainly and as a low cost option this is fine. We were using ubi soft interactive scrabble 2005 which is a better layout but will not run properly with Windows 7. New version of this is much more expensive.

Page: 1 | 2