Profile for david > Reviews

david

Humax HDR-2000T 500GB Freeview HD Digital TV Recorder
Humax HDR-2000T 500GB Freeview HD Digital TV Recorder

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!!, 26 Mar. 2015
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! Unless you like the idea of buying something that takes a full day to update its software meaning you can't watch telly in the meantime, or you like to settle down to watch a program only to find out it hasn't bothered to record it even though its showing in the schedule to record, or you like settling down to watch a film you think you've recorded only to find out the humax only bothered to start recording 45 minutes in, or you like turning it on and having no sound, or you like a recurring buzzing noise, or you like the screen suddenly going green. I've had this product four months and all of these things have happened to me. If, like me, you think that these things suck, please, take my advice and DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

Oh, and the support sucks too. It really is a shockingly bad product.

Update October 9th

Oh, and the remote control stops working after a while as well. The TV button is constantly glowing red and this renders the remote control useless.

The Crossing Places: The Dr Ruth Galloway Mysteries 1
The Crossing Places: The Dr Ruth Galloway Mysteries 1
by Elly Griffiths

1.0 out of 5 stars Obvious culprit, 13 Jan. 2014
I've seen episodes of "murder, she wrote" that were harder to figure out than this book. Harry Nelson is a Dalziel clone (why must all boorish, anachronistic men be from the north? If not racist, it's certainly regionalist) And the culprit? I'm no Hercule Poirot but the perp might as well through walk the plot with a big sign on their head saying "I've done it". How this book gets the plaudits it does is beyond me. Big disappointment.

iRobot Roomba 620 Vacuum Cleaning Robot
iRobot Roomba 620 Vacuum Cleaning Robot

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the finished article, 5 Dec. 2013
Whilst I appreciate the fact I no longer have to manually vacuum my room, the Roomba suffers from one major floor - its takes an inordinate amount of time to clean a room before going back to its docking station. I'm currently listening to my roomba vacuum my hallway and it is still going after 40 minutes. It would be better if it did it's business and went back to the docking station but, based on my experience, this does not seem to be the case. You have to manually press the button for it to go back to the docking station or it will apparently go on forever -or until the battery runs out. Would I still go for a manual vacuum cleaner, probably not, but the roomba still needs work doing before it justifies its price tag.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2014 12:57 PM BST

New Asus Google Nexus 7 FHD 2013 (2nd Generation Model, Android 4.3 4.4) BLACK Multi-Function SMART FOLIO Front & Back Case / Smart Cover / Typing & Viewing Stand / Premium SLIM Flip Case With Magnetic Sleep Sensor & Screen Protector Shield Guard & Nexus 7 FHD 2 2.0 II Tablet Black Stylus Pen Accessory Accessories Pack by InventCase® (Compatible only with the Nexus 7 2013 Model)
Offered by Sunny Savers Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars too small for a nexus 7, 17 Sept. 2013
Quite simply useless. The one I was sent was too small for a nexus 7. It's been ripped up and binned. Very cheap quality as well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 18, 2013 2:57 PM BST

GENUINE ORIGINAL NEW DELL INSPIRON LA65NS2-00 LAPTOP AC ADAPTER 19.5V 3.34A 65W  MAINS CHARGER POWER SUPPLY UNIT PSU

5.0 out of 5 stars just the job, 8 July 2013
I needed a power cable for the dell inspiron 1545 because mine was no longer working. I ordered this and it did what it said on the tin. If you need a power cable for the inspiron 1545, in my experience, this does the job.

Casio Men's G-Shock Solar Digital Watch with Resin Strap GR-8900A-1ER
Casio Men's G-Shock Solar Digital Watch with Resin Strap GR-8900A-1ER

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best example of a g shock, 8 July 2013
The watch is ok but I've since purchased other g shocks that to my mind are better. The biggest drawback is the negative display which is more difficult to read than a positive display. Some people seem to think the negative display appears "cooler"; fair enough but to me, the value of the g shock range is their functionality, thus rendering aesthetic issues as secondary. Secondly, the watch is not radio controlled which to be honest does not really matter but there is something satisfying about knowing your watch is always spot-on accurate without having to do anything other than make sure it is placed on a window-sill. Nonetheless, the watch is very comfortable and the buttons are easy to press which is not the case on some of the smaller g shocks such as the GW-M5610-1ER where the buttons are tiny and difficult to press. It's an ok watch but there are better g shocks around in my view. I've just purchased the GW-2310-1ER which ticks all my personal boxes.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars does not work with my macbook air, 7 July 2013
This didn't read cds when connected to my macbook air. I purchased the usb superdrive from apple and it did the job perfectly. If you use a macbook air, my advice would be to purchase the official optical drive from apple. Its tempting to go for the cheaper model but in this case, it was a classic example of "you buy cheap, you buy twice".

Sony Xperia SP Case Black Split Leather Flip Cover
Sony Xperia SP Case Black Split Leather Flip Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased, 7 July 2013
This is a great case specifically for the sony xperia sp. It's a relatively cheap product but it look stylish and protects the phone without being too obtrusive. I've not tried any of the other cases for the xperia sp but this does the job for me. The usp for this product is that the clasp that attaches to the magnet is just long enough to connect to the magnet whereas on other products it seems to go over the magnet and down the other side of the case, adding unnecessary bulk. I wanted a case that was as streamlined as possible whilst still protecting the phone.