Profile for Mrs E L Sharp > Reviews

Content by Mrs E L Sharp

Mrs E L Sharp

Cabin Fever: The sizzling secrets of a Virgin air hostess...
Cabin Fever: The sizzling secrets of a Virgin air hostess...
Price: 3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Dire, 4 Jun 2014
Why did I think this might be interesting? I should have had more sense! It's extremely boring and paints air crew, including captains, in a very poor light. From the amount they all drank I would think that, even with an embargo on drinking for 24 hours before a flight, most of them would still fail a breath test. There were no sizzling secrets, believe me!!

The Proposal (Book 1 - A Perfect Match Series)
The Proposal (Book 1 - A Perfect Match Series)
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Pot Boiler, 4 Jun 2014
I'm glad I didn't pay for this! It has to be one of the most predicatable stories ever written - I'm not sure how it ever got published. The writing is stilted and the plot shallow. Dreadful! I wouldn't even recommend it for a holiday read. It will be deleted from my Kindle library as I've no intention of reading it again.

Head In The Sand (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 2)
Head In The Sand (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 2)
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Ordinary, 4 Nov 2013
It looks like I'm missing something here if the other reviews are to be believed.
I found it to be very ordinary, with poor writing, and finished it only because I used to live in both Burnham and Exmouth so was more interested in the settings rather than the plot, which I found formulaic and I'd guessed who the murderer was virtually as soon as the character was introduced - and I'm normally hopeless at that!
Glad I hadn't paid paperback price for it and shalln't bother with any others by this author.

Photo Finish Oil Free Foundation Primer ( Jumbo Size )
Photo Finish Oil Free Foundation Primer ( Jumbo Size )

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Primer, 15 Aug 2013
I've tried various makes of primer and still keep coming back to this one. Goes on smoothly, you don't need a lot and it lasts all day. Good value.

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35 - # Light - 30ml/1oz
Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35 - # Light - 30ml/1oz
Offered by Natural Makeup Products
Price: 25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 15 Aug 2013
Have been rather put off by all the hype about BB cream but I got a free sample of this from Smashbox with another purchase.
I'm 58 with grey hair and typical English colouring, pale skin that now has areas of redness and of course lines & wrinkles. I've always found it difficult to wear foundation as I always end up looking like a doll, even when the professionals do it, and recently have been using mineral foundation as it suited my skin tone - but it did tend to settle in the lines and leave my skin feeling dry so I've been looking for something else.

For me, this is it! It evens out my colour and although Smashbox say it can be used as a primer, I wear Photo-finish primer under it and it goes on beautifully. I use Smashbox Halo powder on top and that is it for the day. It also has the advantage of SPF35 which not creams do.

Fellowes Maxi Cool Laptop Riser
Fellowes Maxi Cool Laptop Riser
Price: 22.09

2.0 out of 5 stars Ineffective, 18 July 2013
I've kept this for the angle it hold the laptop at, which I find ideal, but as a cooler I find it totally ineffective. Yes, it has a large area of fan, but it doesn't spin fast enough to really work well, not least because the area that gets warm on my laptop is nowhere near the fan, so I have to balance the laptop with 20% if it hanging over the edge and positioned much further up than it should be. Costly mistake!

Track Down Your Ancestors: How to Research Your Family History Using Archives and the Internet
by Estelle Catlett
Price: 5.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 12 Feb 2011
Whilst explaining how to go about researching your family tree in a simple, clear and readable way, this little book never patronises the more experienced researcher. The section on how to record your findings is excellent and everything is up-to-date & relevant. This is the one to read to get you started if you're a novice - and also the one to remind those who've already started how and why to be methodical. An excellent book!