Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle  Learn more Countdown to Prime Day Shop now Shop now
Profile for Bob Ronald > Reviews

Content by Bob Ronald

Bob Ronald (Scotland)

Dictionary of Proverbs: And Their Origins
Dictionary of Proverbs: And Their Origins
by Linda Flavell

4.0 out of 5 stars opinion of dictionary, 21 Jan. 2011
Originally gifted to me by a young female relative who exprssed enthusiasm so I obliged by purchasing a copy for her in return. The book provides a handy reference of all the most common sayings and avoids the necessity to have to 'google' or otherwise search for meanings behind proverbs. While many proverbs are self-evident , there are others where the source is more puzzling and this volume provides a swift solution to the problem. An amusing read even as a 'coffee table' book.

When Money Dies: The nightmare of the Weimar Hyper-Inflation
When Money Dies: The nightmare of the Weimar Hyper-Inflation
by Adam Fergusson

1.0 out of 5 stars Seems a bit obvious, with hindsight!, 19 Aug. 2010
I well remember my Latin master saying 'Boys, money is only of token value and stands for goods received or services rendered' This was in the 40s and well ahead of Adam Ferguson's book. (Was he in my Latin class?) So as for the book, I admit to being disappointed until I read the last two pages. For further reading I suggest 'What Happens Next?' - also available from Amazon U K
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2013 4:59 PM GMT

Silverline 521333 Orbital Sander 1/3 Sheet 135 W
Silverline 521333 Orbital Sander 1/3 Sheet 135 W

5.0 out of 5 stars The pleasure from orbital sanders, 19 Aug. 2010
Astonished at the low cost of this appliance I have nothing but praise for it, but do make sure you use a dust filter.

Bosmere N460 Hollow Tine Aerator
Bosmere N460 Hollow Tine Aerator

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustration, 19 Aug. 2010
I have owned and successfully used an aerator in the past but for whatever reason, possibly the severe winter, I have been totally unable to use the tool - even my garden fork is unable to penetrate the surface. I can but live in hope!

Waste: Uncovering the Global Food Scandal
Waste: Uncovering the Global Food Scandal
by Tristram Stuart

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite chastening - worse than I ever envisaged, 3 Sept. 2009
Having been brought up in an environment in which waste was never acceptable (we were at war with Germany) I find it totally abhorrent that not only do supermarkets and shops consider it to be satisfactory to deal in excessive quantities in order to maximise profit but more so is the shocking waste created by consumers, when thousands in the world and especially children and babies and dying for thr want of the simplest of food.