Profile for Gortalath > Reviews

Offered by OneStopTradeShop
Price: 6.15

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stuff, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Carplan Black Trim Wax 375ml
Great substance which hides fading trim very well and makes it look like new. I'm not sure how long it lasts but I would guess it will need to be reapplied every year or so as it does wash off in water from your hands for example.

An important improvement would be to change the method of application as it's easy to spill and get everywhere, especially if it's a bit windy outside. you have to keep putting the bottle down with the cap on or walk around with it very gingerly.

Tacwise 140EL Electric Stapler/Nailer
Tacwise 140EL Electric Stapler/Nailer
Price: 26.27

3.0 out of 5 stars A powerful and dangerous tool, 18 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The item for review arrived in a cardboard box which has the following contents:

- Electric stapler
- Instructions
- 1000 staples (6mm)
- 1000 nails (15mm)

Contents and General Features
The unit is very strong and has excellent build quality. It has a very short cable though so have an extension cable ready. It has a hook (presumably for hanging it up when not in use. For some reason it has no carry case whatsoever and the box is unsuitable except for packaging so this was a disappointment. For something this powerful it should really be stored properly. It has an on / off switch and a light to indicate power is on. It has a safety lock out switch which prevents the stapler from firing if the trigger were locked on for some reason.

It comes with 1 years free servicing, 1 month guarantee, 1 year standard warranty.

Usage
Staples are loaded by pressing a switch which releases a spring loaded bay which can take the staples or nails as needed. If you are not familiar with then the nails are short and are stuck together in long single rows similar to staples. The unit is silent when plugged in but it has quite a kick to it in use. I would go as far as to say that it is a dangerous and frighting tool and is not for the faint-hearted! Only use this if you are trained to in your line of work. This is my biggest criticism: It would be easy to use this device and suffer serious injuries or even death. It could easily punch staples or nails through almost any surface so be careful.

It also doesn't seem to have anything to prevent the tool from firing in mid-air rather than on a surface. I think this is a must have and I'm surprised that it isn't a standard safety requirement. I could be wrong about this but I can't see any switch to prevent this kind of accident.

In conclusion: Better safety is needed and the general public should not be buying these. It is a strong a durable tool and will do the job well when extreme care is taken.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2014 5:28 PM BST

Arrow T50X TacMate Heavy Duty Stapler
Arrow T50X TacMate Heavy Duty Stapler
Price: 23.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong and simple to use stapler, 18 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The stapler arrives in 100% recyclable packing except the outer polythene. It has no box and just comes in a plastic case, the kind for hanging on shop shelves

The contents are basically the stapler, the instructions, and in my case 1,250 8mm staples. The stapler can support staples between 6-12mm. It is very strong and will easily penetrate soft wood such as carpet grippers or skirting boards. I just used a piece of rough skirting board to test the model out for the review. There isn't much else to say about it except that the squeeze action should buffer and protect your hands during extended usage.

The rubberized grip is really nice and the design is modern and attractive. It does get dusty really easy (if you bother about aesthetic factors). Loading the staples is easily achieved by pressing a switch to release the spring loaded bay.

All in all an excellent stapler I can hardly fault after only a short period of testing.

Nivea 50ml For Men Sensitive Protect 48H Anti-Perspirant
Nivea 50ml For Men Sensitive Protect 48H Anti-Perspirant
Offered by Pharmacy Place
Price: 2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Very painful!, 17 May 2014
I don't normally buy these kinds of anti-antiperspirants as they all bring me out in a painful rash. I thought I would give this one a go as it says it is tested on sensitive skin and also says anti-irritating. The first day was great. It controls sweat perfectly and was really comfortable. But then on day 2 I started to get the usual problems. It gunks up the hairs under your arms and starts to become irritating. I find myself scratching all day. After about day 3 I had to stop using it. I've just spent the last 5 days recovering from the pain and irritation it causes. I have to clean very thoroughly and put Nivea and Germolene on every day to get over it.

Horrible stuff and don't believe the claims, it's no different from any other so called "sensitive" product.

Ekow Ltd - 2M Micro USB Data Sync Cable Green
Ekow Ltd - 2M Micro USB Data Sync Cable Green
Offered by Ekow Ltd
Price: 1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Low quality connectors, 25 April 2014
Low quality connectors which keep coming out meant that I had to through these out. The phone constantly blinks between charging and not charging modes several times a second.

Amefa Monogram Rattail Cutlery Set Stainless Steel 16 Piece
Amefa Monogram Rattail Cutlery Set Stainless Steel 16 Piece
Price: 20.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Cutlery for the price, 25 April 2014
These arrived very quickly in excellent condition. They are much more high end then your average supermarket cutlery. They have a good weight and sound to them if "struck".

--Packaging--
The packaging is mostly cardboard with plastic wrap for the individual pieces. It would be nice if companies could go for it and aim for 100% recyclable packaging in the future (now around 90%). Nice box though.

--Unusual Features--
For some reason the forks are much shorter than the knives. This is usually the case but is much more extreme here.

Each piece of Cutlery has an etched tail on the back for want of a better word. It's just two lines on each piece. I think this looks good on the whole.

The forks do have a dramatic bend in them which feels like they are bent but aren't. I wouldn't worry about this it's just slightly unusual.

It is only a four piece set for four people and so it would have been nice to get a 6 person set with tablespoons and soup-spoons as well.

--Conclusion--
I would say if you want a small but good quality set of cutlery then this set will do very nicely for everyday or informal dinner parties. The 25 year guarantee is very nice also but you may loose some before them or forget where you bought them so keep the receipt.

PNY 32GB USB 3.0 Wave Attache Drive
PNY 32GB USB 3.0 Wave Attache Drive
Price: 12.67

3.0 out of 5 stars Good price but it just doesn't feel right., 12 April 2014
The stick works fine and was really cheap for the memory size. I haven't used USB 3.0 with it so I can't comment on the speed with that.

The aesthetics leave a lot to be desired. It feels clunky and they haven't solved the issues of retractable memory sticks (capless design). The moment you try to push it in it retracts back into the casing. There is only one small area at the back you can hold to stop it doing that. The memory stick rattles quite a bit and the build quality is pretty poor. It has a blue light on it when in use which looks fine. The usb does snap out pretty well but it feels over-light for the size and it just isn't the nicest stick I've had.

It has no free lanyard clip with it also which would make it feel like they were trying to make it nice. The place where the lanyard will go has some rough plastic which looks damaged and unfinished.

These are all aesthetic problems so if you just want something that works then it'll be fine. I can't really compare its speed with other sticks as I just don't have the software.

Cadbury Highlights Hazelnut Hot Chocolate Jar 220 g (Pack of 3)
Cadbury Highlights Hazelnut Hot Chocolate Jar 220 g (Pack of 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Why on earth did Cadburys release these terrible flavours?, 12 April 2014
This one tastes nothing like Hazelnuts at all. It almost tastes of nuts and then it just tastes of water. The fudge is the same, but that one just tastes the same as the standard highlights. The caramel does not really taste of caramel either, weird.

Highlights is not a very pure tasting thing as a whole and they sometimes make me feel a bit sick, it's just not like drinking a cup of tea or something. I still buy the standard flavor but I don't have it that often.

EFT for the Highly Sensitive Temperament (EFT: Emotional Freedom Techniques)
EFT for the Highly Sensitive Temperament (EFT: Emotional Freedom Techniques)
by Rue Hass
Price: 10.38

2.0 out of 5 stars Basically just official EFT information but repackaged, 6 Mar 2014
This contains the EFT manual plus some other information I didn't really find helpful. It is quite useful to have an official copy of the manual rather than a printout but otherwise I didn't get much from it. The compact size is quite nice and the overall look and feel of the book is quite nice but the feeling I had from this book was that it was a money spinner with a lot of padding. I don't really do EFT anymore although I do use it for edge cases such as infrequent stomach pains. I certainly wouldn't recommend doing EFT for memories as I found that this tends to have the effect of causing amnesia around these events. Do you really want an incomplete picture of your past however awful?

Since doing EFT I have done a thing called Buteyko Breathing Method. I've found this has helped give me much grater stability, removed fatigue, given me greater energy and sorted out many of my problems. It turns out that many of my issues were caused by bad breathing and after a few weeks I solved problems that had persistently dominated my life since I was a small child. If you have asthma, rhinitis or fatigue of some kind I highly recommend you try this instead as it will rapidly transform your life in a very short time.

Kitchen Craft 26 cm Microwave Plate Cover with Air Vent
Kitchen Craft 26 cm Microwave Plate Cover with Air Vent
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 6 Mar 2014
I've been able to cut cling film usage down by around 50-70% with these. They are strong and easily washable. You can reuse them many times without washing on most occasions. It's good being able to use them first in the fridge and then in the microwave. The vent is also useful. It's removable for cleaning and means that you can protect from germs in the fridge and then open in the microwave. This is pretty obvious but then some covers have open vents around the edges which aren't as good.

There are some small issues with them. Water does build up on it and then when you remove it it spills out on to the floor if you're not careful. The other thing is that you cannot really lift the plate out easily so you might just grab the cover by mistake and then the plate hits the floor. I lost a plate at the beginning so be careful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7