2 of 2 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars
Mixed feelings about LM660t, 8 May 2013
I bought this item in Finland, the size was only a bit bigger, 55".
- Magic remote is superiour in use in contrast to other manufacturers versions of controlling the TV. This becomes most obvious when using internet.
- Great and vibrant colours
- Good overall image quality, especially with bright and not moving images
- Deep blacks
- Love the passive 3D, it's great. Excellent, vibrant and deep 3D-images and easy to wear glasses.
- 2D-3D -conversion works well too, especially with animations.
- Very good built-in media player with subtitle regognition.
- Smart share is great, you can connect your computer and stuff to Tv and play contents from there without annoying cables.
- Motion handling is poor. There is bad judder and resolution loss when Trumotion disabled. You can see this when objects cross the screen or camera pans. When Trumotion is enabled things get better concerning judder but there is a soap opera effet then. I suggest you adjust de-judder to 5 in user mode. It gives the best balance between judder and soap opera. This probably isn't a problem for all viewers, because my wife doesn't seem to notice these motion issues at all.
- There is noticeable dirty screen effect and banding. When camera pans on light surfaces (for example sky) you see these vertical lines and dirty looking areas on the screen.
- Not so very interesting apps in the appsstore. For example LG's 3D-world is over appreciated, the 3D-effect isn't very good in them. But they are free, that's nice.
- Deep blacks mean in this TV that shadow details are lost. Dark scenes look low on detail and contrast.
- Some light leakage on the edges of the screen but can be reduced quite well with image adjustments.
Final word: Very mixed feeling. There is lots of good things but enough bad ones as well to annoy you. I would say 3-4 stars depending on what is important to you.