Profile for Keri Day > Reviews

Content by Keri Day

Keri Day "Dirty Pretty Thing" (Exeter, Devon)

Life in the United Kingdom: A Guide for New Residents, 3rd Edition
Life in the United Kingdom: A Guide for New Residents, 3rd Edition

3.0 out of 5 stars Essential for test, 28 April 2013
This book is essential for anyone taking the Life in the UK test, so not easy to review on any other basis - it is written in a quite basic, patronizing style, like a primary school text book. It covers ALL of British history (some of which I'm sure I never learned at school) and also politics, government, the law and community. I am officially American but have lived in the UK since I was 9 months old, and have nine GCSEs, five A-levels and a first class degree, but I had to really study this - it's not necessarily stuff that people know off the top of their heads, put it that way!

The "Strokes": This is it: This Is It
The "Strokes": This is it: This Is It
by Martin Roach

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so good, 18 Nov 2006
I thought this book was absolute rubbish, apart from the pictures, I am a huge Strokes fan and I actually picked up on lots of mistakes in the "facts" offered in this book. Utter crap.

The Stand (The Complete and Uncut Edition)
The Stand (The Complete and Uncut Edition)
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing vision of the end of the world..., 18 Nov 2006
I think this book is amazing because it creates characters who you can fall in love with, hate, identify with utterly, and it does it often in less that a page. That is something you rarely see in fiction writing. The circumstances King describes are completely believable and the characters are all flawed and human, even the ones we are expected (and do) root for. They are forced to deal with grief and horrific situations whilst trying to establish a new world order, with complete uncertainty about their own futures - it is an excellent concept which King executes magnificently in this biblical story. I haven't read it for a few years, but it is one of those books that stays with you, I actually stayed in bed all day and night to finish it when I was about eighteen (so a good few years ago...).

Highly recommended!

Waterloo to Anywhere
Waterloo to Anywhere
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 5.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure rock excellence from the best ex-libertine, 3 Oct 2006
This review is from: Waterloo to Anywhere (Audio CD)
This album is just brilliant, there isn't a bad tune on it. It has real urgency and energy, but there is also lyrical talent in evidence that reaches near poetical standards. Love Carlos, he's the real star and I think some of Dirty Pretty Things work is actually better than The Libertines, definately far exceeds anything by Babyshambles!