Profile for Zeb > Reviews

Content by Zeb

Zeb

Piano Scales & Broken Chords, Grade 1 (ABRSM Scales & Arpeggios)
Piano Scales & Broken Chords, Grade 1 (ABRSM Scales & Arpeggios)
by ABRSM
Edition: Sheet music

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves time, 10 Oct. 2013
It saves time having to write out the scales and arpeggios for pupils, together with the fingering, and having to look up which scales and arpeggios are suitable for which grades! And your pupils have no excuse for getting the fingering wrong!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tea!, 10 Oct. 2013
Delicious, delicate tea. Not at all bitter, unlike many varieties of green tea. Doesn't stain the cup as much as other caffeinated teas, so I presume it similarly doesn't stain teeth as much. Not very much caffeine, but just enough to get me started in the morning. I also recommend buying it loose rather than in bags: you get many more cups out of it.

Pony P60610 | Bent Cable Needle | 2-5mm | 2 pack
Pony P60610 | Bent Cable Needle | 2-5mm | 2 pack
Offered by Barnyarns

1.0 out of 5 stars Awkward to use, 10 Oct. 2013
I find this awkward to use - it threatens to fall out of the knitting. I prefer a straight cable needle which you can secure in the knitting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, 10 Oct. 2013
I bought this for my nephew for his 5th birthday, along with the fireman's helmet. It has been reported back to me that it is very good quality, and that my nephew loves it, and plays with it a lot! Apparently it makes the sound of a siren, and of water gushing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 10 Oct. 2013
I bought this for my nephew for his 5th birthday, along with the fire extinguisher. It has been reported back to me that it is very good quality, and that my nephew loves it!

Stagg XYLO-J12 12 Notes Traditional Wooden Xylophone
Stagg XYLO-J12 12 Notes Traditional Wooden Xylophone

1.0 out of 5 stars Out of tune and dead sound, 10 Oct. 2013
Two of the keys were out of tune, and the sound of the instrument was dead. Some of the keys were not evenly spaced, so poorly constructed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Top panel doesn't fit, 5 May 2013
I have just spent a couple of hours putting the frame of the chest of drawers together, only to find that the top panel doesn't fit, because one of the pre-drilled holes is not quite in the right place. It cannot even be forced to fit. I am absolutely exhausted with the effort of putting it together: it is necessary to use lots of muscle behind the screwdriver, and so now I am not willing to take it apart again for it to be collected. I have asked the seller to meet the cost of a carpenter to drill a hole in the correct place so that the top panel will fit. Will keep you posted.
The supplier sent me a replacement top panel, after I painstakingly provided detailed measurements. Therefore I continued to try to put together the chest of drawers. Really, unless you're a DIY specialist or a carpenter, I wouldn't recommend it. I've put together furniture from IKEA and MFI and various other suppliers without too much trouble, where all the holes are predrilled and it's just a matter of turning a key. But in the case of this item, there are screws that need to be screwed into wood, without any predrilled holes, using brute force - and 52 nails which need to be hammered in: not to be recommended if you're a musician and need all your fingers and wrists intact (it's a strain on the wrists to screw the screws in using force).
In an attempt to put the drawers together, the side panels need to be screwed into the front panel without any predrilled holes, and on the two drawers I've attempted so far, the screws- instead of being embedded entirely into the wood of the front panel, have split the wood on the front panel, and appear inside the drawers. Also, a number of the different sections don't fit properly, and now that the top panel is on, and the ply backs are hammered in, there is a central piece of wood attaching front to back which has completely unslotted itself.
After the hours I've spent so far trying to put this thing together, it doesn't look like I'm going to get a chest of drawers out of this; I could try hiring a carpenter, but I don't know if he or she could get the pieces to fit; and by the time I've paid someone to do that, I could have bought a much more expensive piece of furniture, instead of the quality budget furniture I wanted and can afford. And then there are still two front drawer panels with split wood and exposed screws on the inside of the drawers.