Profile for BrianMcG > Reviews

Content by BrianMcG

BrianMcG "BrianMcG" (Tyrone,Ireland)

G4 LED BULB 2,4W WITH 12 x 5050 EPISTAR SMD LEDs WARM WHITE, PERFECT FOR REPLACING 20W HALOGEN, LED Line
Offered by LumenTEC

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 14 April 2014
These leds are slightly brighter than my 20 watt halogen bulbs which i replaced on my kitchen workbench under lights. They are a slightly cooler colour as with most leds but not so much they are uncomfortable. These are very good leds. Some units do not support led lights so a proper transformer may be needed for example these do not work in my older bathroom unit in which they fit but the unit does not have the correct transformer. They also are quite wide so make sure you measure the diameter of your socket holder before buying.

EYE LEVEL Mens Cool Dark Wrap Around Designer Sports Biker Ski Sunglasses Shades Black + Case UV400
Offered by Zip-Zap-Zooom

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit for larger head, 14 April 2014
I bought these after researching a lot but since i couldn't find measurements the purchase was just a chance I took. Thankfully they fit very well, I have a larger head face than average and these are a good comfortable fit. They have good clear glass and adequate darkness in direct sunlight. Comparing these to my old pilot polarized glasses these are more comfortable and clearer to look through. The glass is completely reflective ie cant see eyes. They are light and stylish the plastic might not seem top quality but for the price these are very good.

PERSONALISED GREEN IRISH IRELAND LEATHER PASSPORT COVER, HOLDER
PERSONALISED GREEN IRISH IRELAND LEATHER PASSPORT COVER, HOLDER

4.0 out of 5 stars Just a passport holder, 14 April 2014
Its cheap so don't expect premium materials it protects my passport well so it's fine. I sent my initials in an email and they printed them on the front in the middle bottom.

POFOKO 11.6" Black Notebook Laptop Chromebook Ultrabook Convertible Tablet Weather-Resistant Sleeve Case Bag For Apple Macbook Air 11.6", MICROSOFT Surface RT 10.6, LENOVO IdeaPad Yoga 11s, LENOVO IdeaTab Lynx K3011W, HP ENVY x2 11g000ea, HP Pavilion TouchSmart 11, ACER Aspire P3, ACER Aspire V5, ACER Aspire S7, ACER C7 Chromebook, DELL XPS Duo 12, SAMSUNG Series 3 Chromebook, SAMSUNG Series 5, ADVENT Tacto, ASUS TAICHI 21, HP Pavilion x2, ASUS VivoBook X200, LENOVO IdeaPad Yoga 2, SONY VAIO Tap 11, TOSHIBA NB10t, HP Pavilion 11, Acer C720 / C720P, Samsung XE303C1, 12.2" SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab PRO
Offered by Fleur.digital

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit Advent tacto, 14 April 2014
This is basically to small for my advent tacto it fits in but the velcro just about meets to seal the bag but he corners are exposed and would be easily damaged. I need good protection for holding it in backpack so this is not suitable for my needs. I Sent it back.

Ultrasun SPF 50+ Extreme Formula Once A Day 100ml
Ultrasun SPF 50+ Extreme Formula Once A Day 100ml
Offered by ifsogo - Sun | Travel | Health | Outdoor

5.0 out of 5 stars It works well, 2 Mar 2014
I looked everywhere for a cream that wouldn't bring me out in spots as I'm spot prone from the oil, other 'light' but fragranced creams didn't do what they said they would but this was a great find and didn't irritate or give me spots at all. I used this in Thailand Cambodia and Vietnam where the average temperature was 28 degrees and very hot on the skin. Factor 50 was perfect and one bottle lasted me 4.5 months with applying it everyday in these countries. Worth the money. It just works well nothing to worry about with this product.

The Jungle Book Original Soundtrack
The Jungle Book Original Soundtrack

5.0 out of 5 stars Child at heart, 19 July 2009
This is brilliant music. Im 29 years old and find this amazing many laugh at me when i say i love this music but not long after they too are fans and singing along. The bear neccessities is a highlight uplifting song for anyone. As is the monkey song. Well worth it and at the price here its a bargain.

Addicted To Company Pt. 1
Addicted To Company Pt. 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Im liking it alot, 26 May 2009
At first i was a little dissapointed with this album. But coming back to it a few months later in a more relaxed mode i think its great easy to listen to, catchy nice tunes and songs. I appreciate all music and couldnt really fault this as thankfully artists are different. His voice is the selling point for sure. I really like it.

The Book of Kells: An Illustrated Introduction to the Manuscript in Trinity College Dublin
by Bernard Meehan

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal if you want to know more, 20 Jan 2009
Just heard of this book a short time before buying this. Id recommend this product if you need to know more. it will answer your questions (ofcourse not big philosopical ones) but the slightly extended basics. The pictures are very good, on every page. Well writen east to read. Thumbs up from me.

Creative ZEN X-Fi 8GB MP3 and Video Player with SD Card Slot
Creative ZEN X-Fi 8GB MP3 and Video Player with SD Card Slot

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased and suprised, 20 Jan 2009
I bought this on impulse. Didnt do reserch on it or anything. I had previous creative zen music players but the first one didnt last more than 13 months and the second 4 months! ( the older style non x fi of this one). But i was very pleased, up until they just didnt turn on again. I gave creative another chance with this one and im pleased i did. The difference with this one is its a flash player rather than a drive. I believe it was the drives that made the others stop. Also dropping them! I have this one 6 months and still going strong.

The headphones are the main thing thing that makes the sound great on this player. I thought if i tried other headphones the sound wouldnt be as good - but i was wrong. There really is better sound quality even with the x fi turned off and with other inear headphones its very good. I also compared it to the ipod using same headphones, the ipod sound is terrible in comparrison(and everyone puts up with that!), even though the bit rate for the songs on the ipod were higher!. The xfi system is very good but with certain music (my tastes is varies from extremes) i turn it of, which is a good feature in itself. A slight warning is dont listen to grunge with high volume with these headphones or xfi on i had a very sore head, felt my brain shaking!. I did then adjust the max volume feature and pretty much fixed that. But the headphones are still pretty powerful - bassy.

As i have always used windows media player it works very well with this - made to suite windows im guessing. Its very easy to synch the music, video and photos. The synching of wma at 128 is very quick. I have had no problems with synching except for video takes much longer - understandably. It does have to convert certain files aswell but i hav'nt met any yet that it doesnt.

The radio and microphone features are great i use them regulary. Radio is v good compared to others and the mic actually picks up very well considering. Personally i prefer the buttons to the touch screen/ click type. The buttons on this are fine no problem at all very good, layout design good. The speaker was a brilliant bonus. my friends would ask what im listening to, now we all can, hanging out in places. The speaker sound is suprisingly good for the small overal player size.

I keep the screen light low and i never have to worry about the battery running out- well i do connect it maybe every other night to laptop to charge aswell. No problems at all. very light which is great if im listening and falls out of pocket, its so light the headphone jack doesnt pull out and saves it from hitting ground (good for me a bit clumsy). Overall id deff recommend.