Profile for claire_mallinson > Reviews

Content by claire_mallinson

"claire_mallinson"

Elvis and Me: Extract (Writers Voices)
Elvis and Me: Extract (Writers Voices)
by Priscilla Beaulieu Presley

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!, 19 July 2003
I was rather disappointed with this book, probably as i hadnt realised it would be so short. I knew it wasnt the whole of pricillas book but i assumed all 60 pages would extracts and that wasnt the case. you could find better books on the king.

The "Sopranos" Family Cookbook
The "Sopranos" Family Cookbook
by Artie Bucco

5.0 out of 5 stars Badda-Bing!!, 24 Jan 2003
I recently bought this book for my (Sopranos Addicted) Uncle and he adores it! Not only are there some gorgeous recipes (we made the mussels last week) but the book is filled with comments, photos and cuttings form the show. Written in Soprano style language, you really feel like this is a collection of recipes passed down the generations of your favourite mobster family straight to you!

Life of Mammals [DVD] [2002]
Life of Mammals [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ David Attenborough
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch in wonder!, 23 Jan 2003
This review is from: Life of Mammals [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
This was a fantastic series and I would also recommend the book of the same title which I recieved for christmas.
David Attenborough has a magical quality to his voice which draws you in and you seem to catch on to his wonderful enthusiasm for whichever creature he is bringing to us.
This is also a great series for nature loving children and is presented in clear language with some breathtaking footage. A must buy!

Jamie's Kitchen
Jamie's Kitchen
by Jamie Oliver

2.0 out of 5 stars I prefered him naked, 10 Jan 2003
This review is from: Jamie's Kitchen (Hardcover)
Sorry Jamie I loved all the previous books and although the series was great and the book is stunning to look at I found the recipes fussy, complicated and full of ingredients I had never heard of! Maybe this casts doubts on my kitchen know how but even my trusty Mum couldn't shed any light!!!

What Not To Wear
What Not To Wear
by Susannah Constantine

2.0 out of 5 stars More body shapes please!, 10 Jan 2003
This review is from: What Not To Wear (Hardcover)
As an adict of the brilliant BBC2 series 'What not to wear' I couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy of this book but I was disapointed to see that every example they give is based on the bodies of bossy but brilliant Trinny and Susannah. I for one am not shaped like either and although there were many nice photographs and amusing comments there just wasn't enough variation for my liking. It should be entitled 'What shape to be'!!!

Delia's Vegetarian Collection
Delia's Vegetarian Collection
by Delia Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for lentil munchers!, 10 Jan 2003
As a confirmed carnivore engaged to a veggie I often buy vegetarian cook books which soon get stuck on the bookshelf never to be looked at again. Not so with the latest gem from Delia! As I flicked through it my mouth was watering and it really demonstrated that meat-free meals dont have to be bland and tasteless. This weekend (thanks to Delia) I am holding an entirely vegetarian dinner party so wish me luck!!!