Profile for D.Mac > Reviews

Black Telescopic Anti-Shock Hiking Walking Pole Stick N
Black Telescopic Anti-Shock Hiking Walking Pole Stick N
Offered by IPCameraWorld

1.0 out of 5 stars Spend a bit more., 18 April 2015
Never actually walked with it because it seized up while i was working out how to adjust it. Rubbish.

Led Zeppelin IV [Deluxe Remastered CD]
Led Zeppelin IV [Deluxe Remastered CD]
Offered by mrtopseller

3.0 out of 5 stars I love the original album because it had "Knacker" and it ..., 11 Nov. 2014
3 stars because it's a classic album. Listen to the original vinyl and you'll agree. I don't get all this "remastering" Ok you can hear every single note played by every band member and the separation is superb. But doesn't that defeat the object of Rock n Roll? I love the original album because it had "Knacker" and it sounded fantastic through our old hifi systems. The reason it's a classic album is because of that, so why mess about with it to try and make it sound good through all our digital equiptment? It just doesn't work for me. The remasters make the music sound too clinical and frankly, painful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 13, 2015 6:40 PM GMT

Eric Clapton & Friends: The Breeze - An Appreciation of JJ Cale
Eric Clapton & Friends: The Breeze - An Appreciation of JJ Cale
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but the originals are better. A great tribute., 28 July 2014
I started listening to this album and thought it was great but after a couple of tracks i ended up listening to the originals on spotify. So thank you Eric for reminding me how good JJ Cale is.

Chinese Whispers: Yan & Campbell 6 (The China Thrillers)
Chinese Whispers: Yan & Campbell 6 (The China Thrillers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 July 2014
Hooked. Read this one first. I've gone back to the beginning, i'm currently on book 2.

Profigold Skyline PROA4205 Stereo Phono Cables - 5m - REDUCED FURTHER TO CLEAR!!
Offered by AudioVisual Online

great cable.

Redeemer of Souls
Redeemer of Souls

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Redeemer of Souls (Audio CD)
If you like Metal buy it. You won't be disappointed!!

Cambridge Dac Magic Xs
Cambridge Dac Magic Xs
Offered by Cambridge Audio

5.0 out of 5 stars All doubts removed., 11 Jun. 2014
After reading reviews of these tiny dacs i was a little sceptical about how good they actually were. I decided to give the DacMagic a go mainly because it's made by a genuine hi fi company not some multi product electronics company and the price, of course.
I'm very pleased i did. It has transformed my laptop set up. I have a 2.1 speaker set up but was never happy with laptop sound. It lacked any depth or dynamic range and after a short listening time became tiring. The dac has opened everything up considerably, I've always preferred a warm sounding hi fi and that's the way i would describe the DacMagic sound. Reveals all the details in the midrange and the bass is tight and solid(i'm considering getting rid of the sub because it's too much) my speakers don't have a dedicated tweeter but treble is superb. The other very important improvement is it's very easy to listen to. This may sound daft but anyone who listens to music for long periods will understand what i mean. Through my headphones, sennheiser hd600 the sound is wonderful and through my hi fi the sound isn't as good as my Arcam cd player but it's not far off and i would say as good as a reasonable priced cd player. Overall the best single improvement i've ever made to my sound systems
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 22, 2015 11:22 PM GMT

Black Rock
Black Rock

5.0 out of 5 stars beltin stuff., 20 July 2013
This review is from: Black Rock (Audio CD)
This is one of my fav Joe Bonamassa albums. It's got a real "live" feel to it. Some superb covers and great own compositions. I'm not going to break it down track by track as i hate that in a review. Lets just say it's a little different with some interesting influences. I love all Joe's stuff but to me this album has a holiday feel, like Joe has gone for a break and played for fun. BUY IT, YOU'LL LOVE IT.

Devil Deal
Devil Deal

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable story., 5 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Devil Deal (Kindle Edition)
A good read with an unexpected ending. The way events pan out is a little far fetched, but no more far fetched than a deal with the devil. I loved the northern humour and language. Kept me interested right to the end. Recommended.

Mens Grey and Black Osaga Maltese Outdoor Footwear
Mens Grey and Black Osaga Maltese Outdoor Footwear

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy shoes for my dodgy feet., 7 Mar. 2013
I'm on my second pair of these trainers. I have to wear inserts in my shoes as i have capsulitis. I've tried numerous shoes in the last 12 months. These are the comfiest trainers i have found for my feet. If you have a similar foot problem to mine i would give these a try. The sole seems to offer good padding and support and the upper is soft and flexible. A broad fit is also suitable for my feet. The only reason i don't give them 5 stars is they don't last very long, the sole split on my first pair before they were 12 months old. Having said that i did wear them every day and they were only £20. They are so good for my feet i would happily pay £20 for a pair of these every year.

Page: 1 | 2