Profile for Valerie > Reviews

The Kitchen Diaries II
The Kitchen Diaries II
by Nigel Slater

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, 29 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Kitchen Diaries II (Hardcover)
This book did not disappoint, I just love the look of the book and the luxury feel to the cover.
Nigel Slater as usual writes in such a way that time disappears and before you know it a couple of hours has gone by! You can almost smell and taste the dishes he is creating, and you can clearly see why he is making them.
It would make a christmas gift ( I just could not wait that long!)

Fifty Shades Freed
Fifty Shades Freed

5.0 out of 5 stars Iv'e lost a week!, 3 Aug 2012
I have a lost a complete week reading the triology of books, I am now left wanting more. A must read for those on holiday, you will not be able to put them down. The Fifty shades books were recommended by a work colleague, and thought they were not my type of book,how wrong was I! Laying on a sunbed in Egypt 4 out of 6 women around me were reading one of the books, I tried to see if they were squirming at times like me! says it all.

What to Drink with What You Eat: The Definitive Guide to Pairing Food with Wine, Beer, Spirits, Coffee, Tea - Even Water - Based on Expert Advice from
by Andrew Dornenburg

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately Difinitive, 7 Oct 2011
I bought this book to share with my students studying a Diploma in Hospitality, it has proved to be a great source of reference and opened a whole new world of taste sensations for them. I would recommend this book for someone who wants to know more about matching food and drink, without being "snobbish" asbout it.