Profile for A. Rowney > Reviews

Content by A. Rowney

A. Rowney (UK)

Whitefurze G25LG1 Leaf Grabber Set - Forest Green (Set of 2)
Whitefurze G25LG1 Leaf Grabber Set - Forest Green (Set of 2)

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless ... they snapped on the third load!, 7 Jan. 2015
I hoped these would be better than the previous pair (different manufacturer and design) that snapped after three or four uses, but sadly these leaf grabbers are only good for picking up a dozen dry leaves at a time.

The leaves in my garden tend to be wet (and heavy) which obviously hasn't been taken into account in the design of this product, and if I only wanted to move a dozen leaves at a time I wouldn't need 'grabbers'

Maybe one day someone will design a suitable product?

Big Tomato Company Yummy Mummy creamware mug
Big Tomato Company Yummy Mummy creamware mug
Offered by Big Tomato Company

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a nice mug ..., 20 Dec. 2010
... what else do you expect?

It arrived in one piece after a couple of days, and because it's a Xmas pressy it hasn't been field tested yet, but it looks like it should be able to contain and conventiently transport hot beverages! I'll post an update if anything exciting happens wrt. the mug!

Norton Internet Security 2010 - 1 User 3 Computers (PC CD)
Norton Internet Security 2010 - 1 User 3 Computers (PC CD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Norton Internet Security 2010 - seems to do what it says on the box!, 16 Feb. 2010
Hi,

My old Norton license was expiring so I needed to renew it. I checked around and decided that the '360' product I had was over-kill as I don't use the Norton backup system (and was getting more and more annoyed with the prompts telling me to configure it). So I decided to go for the Internet Security version, which was shipped to me very promptly.

The installation was straight-forward and it was pretty easy to configure (leave most things to default).

So ask me again in a year to see if my laptop is still working OK and it's been virus-free!

York Fitness Bench
York Fitness Bench

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to construct and sturdy, 9 Feb. 2009
This review is from: York Fitness Bench (Sports)
This bench is pretty easy to put together, quite sturdy, comfortable and light weight. My only criticism is that 'pin' system used for adjusting the bench angle is a bit awkard to use, but that's a minor issue. Overall a good product for the money.

NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto by Krups KP210040 Coffee Machine, Black, 15 Bar Pressure Pump

4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to use and the coffee tastes good., 9 Feb. 2009
The best thing about this system is that it heats up the milk for your latte or capuccino without the mess, noise and maintenance associated with the conventional 'steam' machines. The downside is that you have to buy the mugs from Nestle's website and your choice of coffee (and milk!) is limited to the capsules made my Nestle, but I'm not much of a coffee connoisseur so the ease-of-use wins for me every time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2009 10:24 AM GMT