Profile for T. Cox > Reviews

T. Cox (Leeds)

Majestic Shredding
Majestic Shredding

5.0 out of 5 stars Superchunk are back, 12 Sep 2010
This review is from: Majestic Shredding (Audio CD)
Having ordered this from One Four Seven records prior to the release date, I couldn't wait for it to arrive. Listening to On The Mouth and Here's Where The Strings Come In over the last few weeks whet my appetite as well as reading various reviews giving the album 4 and 5 out of 5.

Usually on a first listen with albums I'm a bit sceptical but after one listen to Majestic Shredding I was already bowled over by what a great album the guys have yet again produced. Maintaining some raw energy from early in their career, there is certainly a 'gone back to roots' feeling to many of these songs.

As you would expect from Superchunk, each song is raw and bass heavy with plenty of layering and emotive vocals. Standouts for me include My Gap Feels Weird, Crossed Wires, Winter Games and Everything At Once.

Lets hope it isn't another 9 years before another LP is released!

Francais Pour Une Nuit [DVD] [2009] [NTSC]
Francais Pour Une Nuit [DVD] [2009] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Metallica
Offered by games

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 30 Dec 2009
I'm currently watching this for the first time but I felt compelled to come on here during Master of Puppets and well, say that this dvd is absolutely incredible!!

All Nightmare Long is my highlight so far but my god, the sound is fantastic, James is sounding on top form and everything about this (except the exclusion of Battery) is spot on.

You must buy this if you're a fan of metal music or just guitar-centric bands in general. One of the best music dvd's you will ever own.

Bust A Move: Dance Crazes Through the Ages
Bust A Move: Dance Crazes Through the Ages
by J. K. Manero

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm busting moves... left, right and centre!, 27 Nov 2009
This book is great for learning new moves to impress your mates on a night out or for someone younger who can learn to dance for the first time. I bought it to try and improve because the only moves I knew before were the robot, the moonwalk and the rope pull. Having read this book I now have around 20 dances I can pull out on the dancefloors of places like Oceana and Yates on a Friday night and they never fail to impress. This is suitable for men and women of any age and if a new edition ever comes out I'd be sure to pick that up as well. This is really good value for money and highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Supurb Album, 29 Jan 2008
This review is from: 19 (Audio CD)
Fantastic. Since first hearing Adele's 'My Same' in 2005 I have been itching for her first release. And it certainly has not disappointed. Stand out tracks include the brilliant Hometown Glory, Daydreams, Crazy For You, Right As Rain and My Same. Adele has the best female voice in music right now, soulful and live just as good as on record. Definatly worth picking up.

These Are The Facts
These Are The Facts

4.0 out of 5 stars Second Album Syndrome, 21 Sep 2007
This review is from: These Are The Facts (Audio CD)
I would probably normally give this 3 out of 5 but because Milburn are my favourite band I feel they are probably just about worthy of a 4 here. The second album is not as good as Well Well Well, there are more slower tracks than the previous album but that is not to say it has a few gems - What Will You Do, Cowboys and Indians, Count To Ten and Genius And The Tramp. Yet overall unfortunatly there is also alot of filler, songs that just drift along without really creating the excitement that nearly all the tracks on Well Well Well had. Still, worth picking up and I look forward to the tour dates coming up.

Starter for Ten
Starter for Ten
by David Nicholls

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutly amazing, 1 Sep 2004
This review is from: Starter for Ten (Paperback)
So here I am, a university student who has just finished his 1st year at a university in the NW and needing something to do in the Summer holidays other than to find a job. I picked up this book, (to be honest I like to read but don't really have much time so I haven't been able to read many novels over the last year), and set down to read it one afternoon. By the next afternoon I had finished it. I became so engrossed in Brian Jackson's story and his relationships, predomently with the beautiful Alice, that I just could not put it down. By the time I had reached the last ten or so pages I even felt a pang of sadness that the book was coming to a close, I just wanted 500 more pages to appear. This book is an amazing read, it really is, I was with Brian all the way even though he seemed a very peculiar guy, you just wanted him , finally after the long battle, for him to find comfort with Alice. I didnt really like the ending, the way he ended up with Rebecca on holiday and Alice not in the picture but that was probably because I just wanted it to continue and for Brian to find happiness with Alice. Anyway, a fantastic read, I can't wait till David releases his next novel. Read this now! You won't be able to put it down.