Profile for Helen Louise Catt > Reviews

Content by Helen Louise Catt

Helen Louise Catt (Hampshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Solar Centre Blingstring Fairy Lights - White 100 LEDs
The Solar Centre Blingstring Fairy Lights - White 100 LEDs

5.0 out of 5 stars Solar Centre = Great Quality, 18 Oct. 2014
Another really well made product from the Solar Centre! You will see the quality as soon as you open the box - the weight and solid construction of the solar panel. Once outside you'll find the solar panels work really well - even in less than sunny conditions. I've bought lots of solar lights over the years from various suppliers but I'm really glad to have found Solar Centre and somewhere I can buy products that a reliably good and last.

Sealed In
Sealed In

5.0 out of 5 stars great read!, 18 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Sealed In (Kindle Edition)
Not a unique plot but the rich characters and well written story draw you in and keep the tension. Written with feeling. Really enjoyed this book. Well written - you won't want to put it down...

Contamination Boxed Set (Books 0-3 in the series)
Contamination Boxed Set (Books 0-3 in the series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Damn good read, 6 July 2014
A damn good read. Fast paced. Likeable characters and a nice easy to follow writing style. I'm off to find his fourth book now :-)

Bekina AgriLite Polyurethane (PU) Soft-Toe Wellington Boots - Green - Size 6 UK
Bekina AgriLite Polyurethane (PU) Soft-Toe Wellington Boots - Green - Size 6 UK
Offered by SafetyPlus

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, Great Fit (wide calf), 19 Mar. 2014
I bought these because I'm fed up of buying a new pair of wellies/snow boots every couple of months! I've found these durable and comfortable - amazingly light. I have a very side ankle and calf and these are snug but a nice fit. They don't look as flash as Hunters but I wanted something that would be comfy, durable and easy to wear and these fit the bill perfectly.

SNOW! (SNOW TRILOGY Book 1)
SNOW! (SNOW TRILOGY Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Intriguiging Story but writing needs development, 19 Mar. 2014
I'm enjoying the story sort of anyway - it's a really good idea for a book - what would happen if the UK had an excessive, prolonged snowstorm - just how bad would it get and how fast? This book looks at how people wouldn't cope in the UK. But over-all I'm not enjoying the 'characters' in the book - they all seem very one dimensional and homogeneous. The personalities lack texture and depth to such an extent that they all seem to have very similar outlooks on life no matter what their age or background - and their feelings are shallow and simplistic at best. The other rather irritating aspect of the writing is the feeling that there is a lack of knowledge and research behind it. Very little meteorological understanding - it appears no body knew this massive snowstorm was coming even though it was on an unprecedented in scale and duration - rather unlikely. Most people seem to die immediately (and behave rather stupidly) but historically we have seen some very extreme weather and we do survive mostly (that's why there are so many of us). The military are ignored in this too - even though they have the training, manpower and equipment in real-life, this fact is ignored and they all apparently just stay in their barracks and do nothing?! The writing 'language' of this book is awkward and possibly old fashioned. It suits some of the more mature characters but there's no humour or life to any of the characters. Having said all this it's still worth a read and a good story. I'm hoping the next book 'Thaw' will show some development in writing style...

Plague
Plague

5.0 out of 5 stars A different spin (and a good one), 3 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Plague (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book - read in one sitting (like so many others!). I've read many, many books on zombie, disease, post apocalyptic etc., but this one is different and really enjoyable for it. Following one small family in their naive, isolated experience of a fatal epidemic. It's emotionally charged and the characters are really well written and believable, which only makes it easier to empathize and put yourself in their shoes. I'm sad that I've finished the book so fast - I think I'll be thinking about it for a while. I really hope there is a sequel in the making as I'm keen to know what's happened...

The Medicinal Chef
The Medicinal Chef

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy recipes and digestible information!, 22 Feb. 2014
Love this book. Recipes are easy and quick, not to mention yummy. I was looking for a book to improve my health (I've been suffering with CVS) and wanted something easy to pick up my digestion and immune system but also easy enough to prepare and feed to my busy family. this book really fits the bill. I'm going to explore what other books he has! Would definitely recommend this book!

The Atlantis Plague: A Thriller (The Origin Mystery, Book 2) (Atlantis Trilogy)
The Atlantis Plague: A Thriller (The Origin Mystery, Book 2) (Atlantis Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Page turner, 18 Feb. 2014
Great adventure. Will keep you turning the pages. Loving the research effort that's gone into this as well. Definitely would recommend. It's a great read.

314 (Widowsfield Trilogy)
314 (Widowsfield Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars A total page turner prepare for a late night!, 15 Aug. 2013
A REALY enjoyable read. Likeable characters, adventure, mystery and scarey/squeamish. Vivid clear writing means you get a clear picture to haunt you! I couldn't put the book down, well iPhone. I stayed up all night and read in one sitting - it's a while since a books made me do that!

Survival Instinct: A Zombie Novel
Survival Instinct: A Zombie Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars Good page-turner, 11 April 2013
I really enjoyed this one. Loved the way all the little stories all tied together. Well written, good characters. Would definitely recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3