Profile for Luke > Reviews

Magic Of A Thousand Strings
Magic Of A Thousand Strings
Price: 11.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 23 Sep 2013
The International Harp Ensemble is an amazing institution, and an aural delight. They really show the versatility of this graceful instrument, with their wide ranging repertoire that gives something for everyone. On this beautiful CD, they are the perfect accompianment to Faryl Smith's beautiful voice.

Art of Neighboring, The: Building Genuine Relationships Right Outside your Door
Art of Neighboring, The: Building Genuine Relationships Right Outside your Door
Price: 4.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 5 Sep 2013
The message of this book is so simple, it is brilliant. How different would the world be, if Christians around the world truly did follow the great commandment?

I work in an environment where we deal with neighbour disputes on a daily basis. A least twice a day, I hear "I won't speak to my neighbour because ...." or "I I go round there I'm going to punch his lights out because the dog barks all day long."

This book empowers everyone to do their bit to change our neighbourhoods for the better. I would recommend home groups to seize upon this book, and put it's teaching into practice on their doorsteps.

Do What Jesus Did: A Real-Life Field Guide To Healing The Sick, Routing Demons And Changing Lives Forever
by Robby Dawkins
Price: 8.14

5.0 out of 5 stars This book could change your life, 17 Aug 2013
I encountered Robby Dawkins at New Wine this year. I had never heard of him before, but he certainly made an impression! Given his stature and general appearance, I was thinking "where's the motorbike, and what is a Hell's Angel doing here?" No offence intended.

When he began speaking, he was captivating. His prayer was so direct, so powerful, so commanding. Knee, be repaired. Vertebae, be healed. I had never before witnessed anything like it.

And when he gave a prophetic wod of "pancreas", straight away people were praying for me. Some of whom knew I am diabetic, but most did not. And right away, the numbness in one of my fingers was gone.

Now, if you show me a loud American evangelist, as a reserved Englishman, I would be running in the opposite direction. But Robbys' message was so honest, direct, and powerful that I was hanging on every word. And I wanted to be right up the front of the queue to buy this book and shake him by the hand.

And having literally just finished reading it, I want to share with you all what an amazing book this is. Whether or not you have a faith, wherever you are on your faith journey, I would urge you to read it. Because the reasons for which Jesus, the disciples, and the prophets prayed so powerfully apply to us as well. God uses all of us, in the most incredible ways. We just have to be prepared to take the risk, persevere, be prepared to fail, and risk our reputations whilst on this fantastic journey.

Sure, as regards healing, we have to be wary of some bad advice that is out there. Only today there was an article on the news about some pentecostal ministers advising some of their flock with HIV to stop taking their medication. But read the book and you will see that Robby advocates strongly against any such practice - which I believe is tremendously reassuring.

The honesty of the message is so captivating, and it sounds so obvious. You have to read it - as Robby signed my book, "live the risk!"