Profile for Jems > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Hush Puppies Dollie - 6 Uk - Black - Patent
Hush Puppies Dollie - 6 Uk - Black - Patent

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and gorgeous!, 30 Aug. 2012
I adore Hush Puppy shoes for work as they are always very comfortable but still look great. These patent shoes are really nice for work and for going out and look great with trousers or skirts! The heel is not too high and they have a non slip sole. AT £25 they are a steal!

Desigual Majestic Asymmetric Women's Top Navy Size 12
Desigual Majestic Asymmetric Women's Top Navy Size 12

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely top!, 30 Aug. 2012
Very funky pattern and lovely soft material. I am normally a size 10 and bought a 12 which is a Desigual medium as Desigual tend to be sized small - it is a great fit. Bargain at 20 quid!

Childrens Name Bracelet - Christening Jewellery Gift
Childrens Name Bracelet - Christening Jewellery Gift
Offered by Occasions Emporium

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful things come in small packages!, 29 May 2012
I ordered this name bracelet for my God Daughter and I have to say it is one of the most beautiful pieces of jewellery I've ever seen. So tiny and perfect. I chose to have pink pearls and the name with a cross as it was a Christening gift. Even the box the bracelet came in was beautiful and came wrapped in a lovely ribbon.

I called the maker to check she would be able to make and deliver the gift before the Christening and she was very nice saying she had all the letters for the name and suggesting I choose 'fast delivery'. We ordered on Amazon on Wednesday evening and the bracelet was delivered Friday morning. Superb service!

A really gorgeous gift!! Highly recommended!

Wanderlust Travel Journal (Wanderlust USA)
Wanderlust Travel Journal (Wanderlust USA)
by Troy Litten
Edition: Misc. Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Funky Graphic Style Journal, 11 Feb. 2009
Loved this travel journal. It is the third I've bought from Amazon and is simply a blank book for writing tales from your trip. What's cool about it are the images inside. Each page has photos, logos, images, signs etc and different background paper which give it a really colourful and graphic feel to it. It is interesting to look through and the seemingly blank pages are anything but blank.

Unlike many of the other journals there is no planning section, nowhere for packing lists, places to see etc. but that is what I liked about it. You can just take this away and write down all your memories. Plus it has a waterproof cover sleeve which surely means it'll last a little longer than other books when being thrown into your rucksack.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2009 9:01 PM GMT

Emu Australia Men's 10012 Buckingham Black 11 UK Regular
Emu Australia Men's 10012 Buckingham Black 11 UK Regular

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosy yet manly, 11 Feb. 2009
Bought these for my boyfriend for his birthday after he tried to steal the women's pair I got for Christmas. He loves them when he is sitting around the house playing games consoles etc and swears they are too cosy to wear when doing anything around the house (although I think it's an excuse for less housework). Well made slippers.

TOETOE Essential - Anklet / Trainer (UK 4-11 | EU 35-46, Rainbow)
TOETOE Essential - Anklet / Trainer (UK 4-11 | EU 35-46, Rainbow)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stripy Socks Rule!, 11 Feb. 2009
This review is from: ToeToe Anklet Toe Socks
I got these toe socks for a friend for Christmas and decided to buy a pair for myself too. They are fab! Great fit (I am a size 6) and good thickness to the material but not so thick that you can't wear them with shoes / boots. I am thinking about buying more actually because they are great with trainers for the gym and even though they are anklets they don't slip down as anklet socks often do. Plus, they are brightly coloured and stripy!!

Finding Neverland [DVD] [2004]
Finding Neverland [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Johnny Depp
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Johnny Depp in Neverland!, 23 Jan. 2006
I just watched Finding Neverland and wanted to say to everyone - if you haven't yet seen this movie - watch it! It is the best movie I have seen in ages and I was in love with the film right from the start. The world of make believe created in this movie is just extraordinary and the cast was superb. Johnny Depp (as always) was perfect in his role, quirky but not too much, loving but not overly and childlike yet remaining adult. Kate Winslet was beautiful and adorable and the children were just brilliant. I laughed, I cried, I grinned and got completely lost in the world of J.M. Barrie. An outstanding movie and one to put on my favourite movies list. I cannot believe I missed this one until now!!

The Notebook
The Notebook

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music from a beautiful movie., 1 Jan. 2006
This review is from: The Notebook (Audio CD)
After watching the DVD of The Notebook I decided to get hold of the soundtrack as I remembered it being so crucial in creating the emotion in this moving and romantic story. As well as being a wonderful mix of music, mainly using piano and string instruments, it also creates beautiful memories of the movie and particularly the most moving scenes from the film. The only thing missing is the piece played on the piano by Allie, Prelude for Piano by Chopin. Otherwise a wonderful soundtrack.

Batman Begins - 1 Disc Edition [DVD] [2005]
Batman Begins - 1 Disc Edition [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Christian Bale
Offered by Qoolist

5.0 out of 5 stars Batman at his best!!!!, 20 Aug. 2005
I don't even know where to begin in telling you how brilliant this movie is but I want to start by saying it is without a doubt the BEST super hero movie ever made!! Batman Begins is in a class of it's own!
The movie takes us back to Bruce Wayne's childhood and tells the story of his life after loosing his parents and how he became Batman. The story is superb and as another reviewer said it is the story which drives the film forward rather than the special effects or action sequences so commonly taking over other super hero movies. Of course there are action sequences galore and all are simply stunning with amazing fight scenes in an array of surroundings. The casting is also excellent with Bale making the performance of his career so far as Batman and Liam Neeson and Michael Caine so perfect in their roles.
Why can't all super hero movies can't be this wonderful??!!

Garden State [DVD]
Garden State [DVD]
Dvd ~ Zach Braff
Offered by TwoRedSevens

5.0 out of 5 stars Such Great Heights!!, 20 Aug. 2005
This review is from: Garden State [DVD] (DVD)
I knew nothing about this movie when I first saw it except that it was written and directed by the hilarious and talented Zach Braff from Scrubs. Who would have guessed he could have written and directed something so witty and cleverly hilarious? Well he did!!!
This movie is about coming home and gaining perspective on your life. The story is one everyone should be able to relate too in some way and the characters are so real and played superbly by the cast. Zach and Natalie are terrific together and really make the movie believable. It is moving, funny and real and I would recommend this movie to any 20 or 30 somethings who have a love for intelligent wit, terrific dialogue and fabulous music. I would also suggest you get the soundtrack whilst you are at it since it is superb!! On top of the story there so many things to make you laugh in this movie from character actions to visual images which leave you giggling for hours. Braff obviously prides himself on great attention to detail in his directing!!
Fabulous debut and one of my favourite movies ever!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3