Profile for Ian Owen > Reviews

Content by Ian Owen

Ian Owen

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
BDBikesTM Lock & Tilt Wall Mounted Bicyle, Cycle, Bike Repair Stand - Bike Maintenance Stand - 360* Swivel
Offered by Black Dog Bikes

2.0 out of 5 stars No instructions or fixings supplied, 22 Oct. 2014
Looks ok. But no instructions or fixings sent with item. Have looked at manufacturer's website which means I can figure out where each bit goes but no idea of recommended fixings or sizes!

Autoglym 500ml Interior Shampoo
Autoglym 500ml Interior Shampoo

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazon supplied a French bottle with no English instructions, 23 July 2014
Its Autoglym so I'm sure it will be good stuff. Only trouble is Amazon have supplied it in a foreign bottle so the instructions are in French or Dutch - no English!

Plumb-Pak Self Cutting Fast Flow Plumbing Outlet Kit
Plumb-Pak Self Cutting Fast Flow Plumbing Outlet Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars The fastest way to install a drain for a washing machine or dishwasher, 31 Dec. 2013
Dead easy to fit - no tools required. The easiest way to install a new appliance like a dishwasher or washing machine

A. Vogel (previously Bioforce) Echinaforce Sore Throat Spray 30ml
A. Vogel (previously Bioforce) Echinaforce Sore Throat Spray 30ml
Offered by Ultimate Health

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is magic, 31 Dec. 2013
I had a horrible sore throat once. I thought my world had come to an end, it was so painful - worse than man flu even and we all know how bad that can be. After the doctor swabbed my tonsils and told me antibiotics wouldn't work I was lost with what to do. I search Amazon and found this stuff. Ordered it via Amazon Prime and it arrived before 9AM the next day which was even a Saturday. One pump later and I felt a whole lot better. It last about 4 hours from memory and you can then use it again.

Good Boy Large Ball On A Rope, 75 mm/ 3-inch
Good Boy Large Ball On A Rope, 75 mm/ 3-inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Welsh Terrier proof, 31 Dec. 2013
Anyone with a terrier will know that you need a strong toy and these balls last longer than anything else with our dog
Our fella loves these balls.
Easy to throw a long distance down the park and the rope gives you something to grab hold of when he decides not to give it back.

Sterimar  Allergies and Sinusitis Nasal Hygiene Nasal Spray 100ml
Sterimar Allergies and Sinusitis Nasal Hygiene Nasal Spray 100ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Got a blocked nose? Get some Sterimar!, 31 Dec. 2013
My ENT surgeon recommended that I get some of this. I had a permanently blocked nose due to a deviated septum and concha bullosa. Following surgery things were much better but when the winter came and the central heating is on, I still get a little bit blocked up in the mornings. A quick squirt of Sterimar and hey presto I can breathe again.

BT 250 Digital Baby Monitor
BT 250 Digital Baby Monitor
Offered by eZee Trade

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, 31 Dec. 2013
This monitor is just so easy to use. Wireless operation and a doddle to setup. As first time parents things can be a bit daunting. Our car seat came with a 100 page instruction manual - with no sleep just the thought of reading one page of instructions took all day!

Thankfully this monitor is easy to use and you don't need to read anything. Plug it and off you go. We like the crying alarm, it sense when our little one starts crying and bleeps an alarm which means you can mute the microphone in her bedroom.

Roberts Vintage DAB/FM RDS Portable Radio with Built in Battery Charger
Roberts Vintage DAB/FM RDS Portable Radio with Built in Battery Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, sounds great!, 31 Dec. 2013
About 5 months ago we moved house and imagine our disappointment that our beloved Pure Evoke 1S DAB radio could not pick up a signal. After getting fed up with listen to the radio on a laptop or iPhone I decided to by a new radio. I thought I best get an Internet Radio because of the problems the Pure was having picking up a signal. I opted to buy a Roberts Stream i83. The radio arrived from Amazon I plugged in and hey presto it picked up not only a wifi signal but also a DAB signal. The problem though was the i83 Stream looked cheap and plasticy and the sound quality was poor. I was just toying with the idea of keeping it then I noticed that the Roberts Vintage was on offer at Amazon for £69.99.

I decided to buy the Roberts Vintage hoping that it would be able to pick up a DAB signal as good as the i83 Stream could. As soon as I took the Vintage out of the box I fell in love with it. Its got great retro looks yet has a modern look about it - a strange combination, think of the new style of BMW mini - it looks a bit like the old British Leyland one in some respects but its totally different in other ways.

But what about its performance?

Well it could still pick up a DAB signal but not quite as good as the i83 stream can.

However, the sound quality on the Vintage was excellent. On a par if not better than the Pure Evoke. Add to this the fact that you can use batteries in the Vintage then it makes for a fabulous useable device.

I've not discovered any of the issues other reviewers have commented on such as odd sounding voices or vibrations.

This is one of those refreshing items you purchase and everything about just looks good, works great and is easy to use.

Buy one you will not be disappointed

Graco Logico S HP Car Seat Base (Black)
Graco Logico S HP Car Seat Base (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased ..., 21 Nov. 2013
We'd previously bought the Graco Logic S HP seat after reading the Which magazine review. Unfortunately the combination of the seat and our car a Ford Fusion wasn't great. The rear seat belt only just fitted around the seat - to be honest it was a real struggle to fit - the last thing you need with a new born crying because she's getting buffeted while you wrestle with the seat.

I didn't order the base originally as Which stated that the combination of the seat and base wasn't as secure as the seat on its own. Which have now revised their review and whilst they still think the seat on its own is a 5 star safety award they now give the seat and base 4 stars.

Fitting the base was easy, one thing I found hidden in the instructions is to press down on the base whilst tightening the seat belt this gets the base very tight in our car. Base installed and the seat just simply clicks in place each time. It seems very stable and I'm so pleased we bought it. I was afraid we would need to go and buy another seat because the seat on its own was so hard to fit.

DeWalt DCF815S2 10.8V Impact Driver Plus 2 Batteries
DeWalt DCF815S2 10.8V Impact Driver Plus 2 Batteries
Offered by Power Tools Pro

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 12 Nov. 2013
I was working with a kitchen fitter who was helping me install our new kitchen. He had one of these and I couldn't believe how good it was. It was that good I just had to get one. I'd already got a 18v Dewalt drill that was similar but no where near as good as this beauty. Lightweight, stunningly powerful and a light which is surprising useful rather than a gimmick. Buy one you won't regret it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3